Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Didn't we just have a monored deck against a white/X deck? Also, Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded isn't the most popular card in the world.
Tibalt is the best
Inb4 lingering souls in Sorin's deck.
Vindicate reprint? Or asking for too much?
And here I thought Tibalt's value couldn't possibly drop any lower...
I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be dusty old monoblack Sorin.
This both interests me and makes me wonder what they're thinking at the same time. I can't help but feel Sorin's deck will have a distinct advantage here, but maybe they'll balance out Tibalt's mediocrity with some good red cards. I think Sorin vs. Nissa would have been a more interesting match, though, even if they already did black vs. green.

Also, am I the only one getting a Castlevania vibe from that picture? I so want to link to Bloody Tears and Heart of Fire right now.

This both interests me and makes me wonder what they're thinking at the same time. I can't help but feel Sorin's deck will have a distinct advantage here, but maybe they'll balance out Tibalt's mediocrity with some good red cards. I think Sorin vs. Nissa would have been a far more interesting match, though, even if they already did black vs. green.

Also, am I the only one getting a Castlevania vibe from that picture? I so want to link to Bloody Tears and Heart of Fire right now.

Well, the castle in Sorin, lord of Innistrad is totally Dracula's castle.
There's also one in Midnight Duelist's background. I think they were deliberately referring/paying homage to Castlevania.

EDIT: Shoot, I'll just compile a list of cards for the decks:

Show

[deck=Tibalt]
2 Goblin Arsonist
2 Hellspark Elemental

2 Act of Treason
2 Faithless Looting
1 Furnace of Rath
1 Grab the Reins
2 Punishing Fire
1 Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
1 Traitorous Instinct
2 Wild Guess

24 Mountain[/deck]

Because of no significant role in Innistrad block story, Sorin take a walk outside with fury in his mind.
Sorin : "I need something to vent my fury"
Tibalt : "Lookie Lookie, look who's here, go get him boys."
Sorin : "Just what I need !!"

(my first impression after looking at the picture) 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
I can't believe this is really going to happen.  Sorin=solid, likeable character, good card.  New art looks good too.  Tibalt=we know about half a page about the guy, and his card is terrible.  Then again, it's not coming out until March 2013.  Maybe there will be a new Tibalt printed before that time that will make the red deck not completely useless.  Also, this Tibalt looks even dumber than the original.   Yuck     :/
HOLY CRAP YES YES YES YES TAKE ALL MY MONEY I NEED MOAR SWAG DEVIL.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Maybe there will be a new Tibalt printed before that time that will make the red deck not completely useless.  Also, this Tibalt looks even dumber than the original.   Yuck     :/

You heard it here first folks! tibalt will join Rakdos and get a BR card in either RTR or Sinker

Btw, I like Tibalt's old art, and Sorin's new art makes his sword look like a novelty fireplace pokey-stick. 
Btw, I like Tibalt's old art, and Sorin's new art makes his sword look like a novelty fireplace pokey-stick. 

It's a fire poker - better against Tibalt.

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I am honestly fairly dissapointed in their discision on this one, i guess all I can do is hope that they actually exacute it well :/
I'm both excited and confused.
i am really curious about what they'll do with tibalt.
How many of the duel decks are mono red?
Elves vs Goblins
Jace vs Chandra
Knights vs Dragons?
Venser vs Koth
Sorin vs Tibalt?

Did I miss any?
Is there a reason for this? Do casual players just really like using mountains? 
Do casual players just really like using mountains? 

yes

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

mono red is a popular deck, and it's cheap and effective to build, so it is ideal for new and/or casual players
proud member of the 2011 community team
Maybe they hinting a Tibalt reprint in third set of RtR block haha. maybe they really like Tibalt and want to make him better?

You probably shouldn't have a card that is valued higher in the secondary market as the MSRP of the product. 

I think that is what it will take for people to take even more of the trashy 2 mana PW they were scared of making so they super under powered it.

Either that or they are going to relase that it was all just a prank and give people the good version?  Nah, red doesn't get good PWs.
Vindicate would sell it alright, as would a couple of copies of chain lightning, but I don't think lightning is flavourful.

I think Burning Wish would be appropriate in Tibalt's deck, but sadly we'll probably get something like Devil's Play. Gamble is on the reserved list otherwise I would have thought that would fit the random aspect to Tibalt. Maybe Last Chance, if you're playing to theme.

On creatures, expect a gathering of devils lead by vexing devil and hellrider. Meh.

Underwhelmed the more I think about Tibalt. Which is also what I thought about Tibalt.

How many of the duel decks are mono red?
Elves vs Goblins
Jace vs Chandra
Knights vs Dragons?
Venser vs Koth
Sorin vs Tibalt?

Did I miss any?
Is there a reason for this? Do casual players just really like using mountains? 

It doesn't have to be mono red does it? Ajani Vengeant's deck in Ajani v. Bolas was WRG.

You probably shouldn't have a card that is valued higher in the secondary market as the MSRP of the product. 

Why not?  Adds to supply as these are mass produced.  Brings price down.  Gives access to more people.  Then most importantly it sells the product.

They also try to put cards in these that make the value of individual cards more than the MSRP.
Is this right before a setrelease date they might spoil a new tibalt that isn't compleatly awful. I had him in draft last night I couldn't win at all I almost milled myself. It it is the origal I bet burning vengeance will be in there and old cards with flashback. 
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Why not?  Adds to supply as these are mass produced.  Brings price down.  Gives access to more people.  Then most importantly it sells the product.

They also try to put cards in these that make the value of individual cards more than the MSRP.

Why should the supply of it increase? Why do more people need access to this card? Why should everybody have access to all the cards? 

Why should the supply of it increase? Why do more people need access to this card? Why should everybody have access to all the cards? 

What new players would want to play Legacy/Modern etc if they couldn't have all the awesome cards to do it with???
This both interests me and makes me wonder what they're thinking at the same time. I can't help but feel Sorin's deck will have a distinct advantage here, but maybe they'll balance out Tibalt's mediocrity with some good red cards. I think Sorin vs. Nissa would have been a more interesting match, though, even if they already did black vs. green.

Yeah, but they didn't do versus . We could have Vampire Nighthawks and Increasing Devotion against her Nath of the Gilt-Leaf.

Because of no significant role in Innistrad block story, Sorin take a walk outside with fury in his mind.
Sorin : "I need something to vent my fury"
Tibalt : "Lookie Lookie, look who's here, go get him boys."
Sorin : "Just what I need !!"

(my first impression after looking at the picture) 

Well, all the vampires fear demons and devils, just like the humans do. Sorin's the only vampire who conceivably stands a chance against demons, though.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
This seems to be the worst Duel Decks idea they've put out since it started. The two sides are supposed to be evenly matched both in terms of flavor and the physical decks.

Sorin would siphon the life out if Tibalt in about 8 seconds.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
Tibalt's not a complete dumpster fire, but R&D was way too hooked on the idea of a 2 CMC planeswalker, so much so that they forgot to make sure that it was any good.  I'm sure they can put together a good Duel Deck that can play to his strengths (reanimator, perhaps, or an excuse to reprint Crucible of Worlds), but I'm kinda underwhelmed.

I also wonder if the planeswalker Duel Decks will now follow a pattern of having only walkers from the previous block.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Well, that's been pretty consistent so far. Jace vs. Chandra, Garruk vs. Liliana, Elspeth vs. Tezzeret, Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas, Venser vs. Koth...each of those pairs consisted of 'Walkers that debuted in the same block if not the same set. It's understandable, they usually both play a role in the same story and thus have a chance of meeting and matching wits. Garruk vs. Liliana has arguably been the most influential so far though, since it inspired several cards.

It will be new Sorin.

The article makes great mention of his protective nature, which is demonstrated by his sudden whiteness.

Also, there have been way too dang many mono-black decks, and they'll surely want an excuse to give Sorin's deck more design flexibility and identity to separate it from Liliana, Phyrexia, or demons.
God I really want a blown up version of that image to use as a wallpaper.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
I think I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Gideon 2 will be featured on the next PW Duel Deck.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Anyway, continuing with the decklist ideas:

Show

[deck=Tibalt]
2 Goblin Arsonist
1 Grim Lavamancer
2 Hellspark Elemental
1 Reckless Wurm

2 Act of Treason
1 Cursed Scroll
1 Devil's Play
2 Faithless Looting
2 Fiery Temper
1 Grab the Reins
1 Manabarbs
2 Punishing Fire
2 Reckless Charge
1 Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
1 Traitorous Instinct
1 Violent Eruption
2 Wild Guess

24 Mountain[/deck]

Will this be released near gate crash or sinker might have apreview card in it or a RTR card or 2
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I would think Tibalt might have Charmbreaker Devils.

Need to have some more valuable commons and uncommons.  I think the recent ones have had things like:
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Lightning Helix
Preordain

Sign In to post comments