G/W Captain and Mythic

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Since Innistrad didn't get a G/W captain and mythic to represent Humans, I decided to dry designing them myself.

Gavony Captain
Creature - Human Soldier
Vigilance
Other Human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have vigilance.
2/2

Thraben Crusader
Creature - Human Knight
First strike, hexproof
: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by ~ this turn.
2/2

There was no R/G captain either (unless you count Immerwolf as a captain.)

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I do. It's part of the cycle: Drogskol Captain, Diregraf Captain, Stromkirk Captain, and Immerwolf. MaRo stated he wanted to introduce a G/W in AVR, but for some reason that plan fell through the cracks.

In case anyone's wondering about the mythic cycle, that would be Drogskol Reaver, Havengul Lich, Falkenrath Aristocrat, and Huntmaster of the Fells.

I like the crusader, but it seems somewhat less explosive then the other members of the cycle, and possibly too expensive. I like how you made the mythic's ability benefit from the captain's vigilance.
The crusader is incredibly weak in comparison to the other cards from the cycle, it could definitely stand to be a bit beefier for the cost.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
It did originally have a +1/+1 counter ability similar to Fangren Firstborn as well as a built-in Lure, but I remembered Deftblade Elite and thought that would be a more balanced ability, and my bro thought the lure combined with hexproof and damage prevention made him way too good. I was originally going for the flavor that the Crusader is buying time for his or her comrades, hence the lure. The Crusader's courage inspires their comrades, represented by the +1/+1 counters.

Would 3/3 be good?

Here's a new version:

Thraben Crusader
Creature - Human Knight
First strike, hexproof
All creatures able to block ~ do so.
Whenever ~ attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking creature you control.
3/3