So now Standard has 2 rotations?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
From Sanctioned Formats: "The Standard format uses only the newest sets the game has to offer. The current block, the block that was released the previous October, and the most recent core set are all legal to play in a Standard deck. As you can tell from the name, Standard is the most commonly played format. Standard events are available year round at retailers and tournament venues worldwide, offering new players a great opportunity to enjoy a tournament setting with the cards they've recently purchased.

From the MTGO Blog: "After the August 29 downtime, Core Set Constructed legality will be change from allowing all core sets to only the most recent core set on Magic Online. After this downtime, it will be Magic 2013. As future core sets are released, the previous core set will no longer be legal in the format and only the new one will be."

I realize the blog deals only with Core Constructed. But then I checked the format info.

The way I read this is Standard is now the last 2 blocks and the last core set. So we will no longer have 2 core sets in Standard for a 3 month period, M12 is no longer legal in Standard, and Standard will rotate with each core set, and each new set? So we're back to arcane rotation? Or am I misiinterpreting?

If I'm not mis-interpreting,  the lead time, and method of announcing, is once again terribad.

If I am mis-interpreting, I apologize for the rant, and return you to your regularly scheduled day.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

This does not affect Standard in any way.  This is for the MTGO only format Core Set Constructed. 

Previously Core Set Constructed was any card printed in a Core Set.  Now, it is any card from the newest Core Set. 

This does not affect Standard in any way.  This is for the MTGO only format Core Set Constructed. 

Previously Core Set Constructed was any card printed in a Core Set.  Now, it is any card from the newest Core Set. 

Okie doke! As you can see, I get some of my excersize by jumping to conclusions!

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Okie doke! As you can see, I get some of my excersize by jumping to conclusions!

And I want everyone to realize that jumping may seem simple, but not for a slug.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
Sign In to post comments