13th Age Kickstarter

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is not advertisement. Just thought that fellow 4E players may be interested it the work of lead designers Rob Heinsoo (D&D 4E) and Jonathan Tweet (D&D 3E).

www.kickstarter.com/projects/fireopalmed...   

One of the pledge options allows getting both the 13th Age core book and 13th True Ways supplement together as pdf.    
This is not advertisement. Just thought that fellow 4E players may be interested it the work of lead designers Rob Heinsoo (D&D 4E) and Jonathan Tweet (D&D 3E).

One of the pledge options allows getting both the 13th Age core book and 13th True Ways supplement together as pdf.    

I wanna see some actual material before I back anything. Just because it has 2 brilliant designers doesn't mean it's an auto buy. Are there any previews, or things that describe it's mechanics and character creation?

Come to 4ENCLAVE for a fan based 4th Edition Community.

I wanna see some actual material before I back anything. Just because it has 2 brilliant designers doesn't mean it's an auto buy. Are there any previews, or things that describe it's mechanics and character creation?

Playtest material is only available upon pre-order.

However a number of resources and links are available here: www.pelgranepress.com/site/?tag=download...

"Try before you buy offer: Starting the week of September 3rd (after we've had a chance to recover from PAX), all backers at the $50 level and above will get a voucher to immediately download a fully playable PDF copy of the 13th Age RPG Current Beta Version. That's right, you'll get a full copy of the game-in-progress without being charged a cent. We're confident that when you read 13th Age, you'll want to keep your pledge in place (or even increase it.)."

Haven't chipped in on a kickstarter before, but if I'm reading this right, you can put yourself down for $50, download the playtest pdf, and then retract your pledge if you decide it's not for you.
4e D&D is not a "Tabletop MMO." It is not Massively Multiplayer, and is usually not played Online. Come up with better descriptions of your complaints, cuz this one means jack ****.

Haven't chipped in on a kickstarter before, but if I'm reading this right, you can put yourself down for $50, download the playtest pdf, and then retract your pledge if you decide it's not for you.

I think you are right. I am on the $50 pledge myself, but I already had the playtest through the pre-order of the core book.
Looks like a good promotion this one.

"Try before you buy offer: Starting the week of September 3rd (after we've had a chance to recover from PAX), all backers at the $50 level and above will get a voucher to immediately download a fully playable PDF copy of the 13th Age RPG Current Beta Version. That's right, you'll get a full copy of the game-in-progress without being charged a cent. We're confident that when you read 13th Age, you'll want to keep your pledge in place (or even increase it.)."

That's how I read it too, but....isn't that kinda against the whole point of a kickstarter? I'm with Uskglass in that I'd like to see something before I put down money.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
The list of what they haven't added yet also surprises me.

Aug 28, 2012 -- 4:30PM, Arcane_Guyver wrote:

That's how I read it too, but....isn't that kinda against the whole point of a kickstarter? I'm with Uskglass in that I'd like to see something before I put down money.

Hi, I work with Fire Opal Media, the design and dev shop that was co-founded by Rob Heinsoo and is the name on the Kickstarter. We figured that since we're asking people to take a leap of faith in backing an expansion book to a game that -- even though you can download and play it now -- is still in final development, we should be willing to take a leap as well. So you can read what a living dungeon or a koru behemoth is and decide it's something you'd like to see expanded on in a supplement.

You don't actually put down any money until the Kickstarter runs its course and meets its funding goal, so all the risk is on us.
The list of what they haven't added yet also surprises me.

Well, some of the things listed were supposed to be in the core book, but the devs realized the time it would take to get them right ("them" being the Druid, Monk, and multiclassing rules, at the very least) would push the release date far beyond what they wanted.

The pdf as a preview is a pretty good (and generous) idea. I don't see any other way I'd put money down on such a kickstarter (if I hadn't purchased the playtest pdf already).
4e D&D is not a "Tabletop MMO." It is not Massively Multiplayer, and is usually not played Online. Come up with better descriptions of your complaints, cuz this one means jack ****.
Sign In to post comments