Season 10 Coordinator/DM Tools (DMs and Coordinators, Potential Spoilers)

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Fellow Coordinators and DMs,

This thread will be a collection of the handouts, tools and other miscellany I am making for Season 10 of D&D Encounters. I will update this post as I add material and I will then post a bump in the thread to let folks know there is updated or new material.

General:

• Player Table Tents: PDF, PUB

• 9/18 - House Affiliation Stickers: (Uses Avery 3/4" Round Sticker, 05408): PDF, PUB

• Player Tracker (fixed) - See this thread for more: PDF, PUB

• Session Tracker (form fill template): PDF

• Pre-Gen PCs: PDF

• Pre-Gen PC Table Tents: PDF, PUB

• 9/18 - Adventure background and choosing a drow house player handout: PDF, DOCX

Chapter 1:

• Secret House Goal Handouts Ch 1: PDF, PUB

Chapter 2:

• Secret House Goal Handouts Ch 2: PDF, PUB

Chapter 3:

• 10/9 - Secret House Goal Handouts Ch 3: PDF, PUB

Thanks,

Bryan Blumklotz

I created an incantation (in drowish and in elven font) for the ritual the party has to perform in session three. I'm going to give  a scroll to the party in session one. I printed it out. I just need to antique it.
- Rico
Looking at the composition of the first couple of sessions I take it that Enc's xp rewards are roughly double what they normally would be per pc (and assumes a 5 man party as standard).

For the first time this season our groups are trying to carry their pc's over where possible (with others creating pc's of equivalent level) so our groups are begining the season at level 4.

As DM for one of the groups I have been levelling up the sessions in preparation (www.dropbox.com/s/jmuupy60jsmx0n5/levell...) is my stats so far.

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated guys.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Looking at the composition of the first couple of sessions I take it that Enc's xp rewards are roughly double what they normally would be per pc (and assumes a 5 man party as standard). For the first time this season our groups are trying to carry their pc's over where possible (with others creating pc's of equivalent level) so our groups are begining the season at level 4. As DM for one of the groups I have been levelling up the sessions in preparation (www.dropbox.com/s/jmuupy60jsmx0n5/levell...) is my stats so far. Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated guys.

When I ran a leveled up season last time I based the increased XP as a perecentage needed for the next level. So if the original encounter gave out 300 xp that is 30% toward 2nd level. In the increased encounter I gave out 30% of the XP needed to get from 4th to 5th level.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

When I ran a leveled up season last time I based the increased XP as a perecentage needed for the next level. So if the original encounter gave out 300 xp that is 30% toward 2nd level. In the increased encounter I gave out 30% of the XP needed to get from 4th to 5th level.

Cool, thanks for the info, that should mean then that when the adventure says level up, we should be at there too. That will make life easier.

Many thanks.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

I think some DMs forgo XP and just level characters up automatically at each chapter. It probably depends on your players though. I know mine really like to receive incremental XP rewards, even if it's a tad artificial. 
Added:

• Player Table Tents

• Pre-Gen PCs

• Pre-Gen PC Table Tents

• Secret House Goal Handouts

Thanks,

Bryan Blumklotz

Added:

• Secret House Goal Handouts

Super-sweet. Nice work and thank you.
Updates for 9/18

Added:

1. PC Faction Glyph Stickers (for use with the table tents).

2. Adventure Summary and PC Factions One Sheet for players.

3. Faction Goals for Ch. 2

Thanks,

Bryan Blumklotz

Thank you so much for supplying these. The Session Tracker, Player Tracker, and the Secret House Goals have made my life a lot easier.
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Thank you so much for supplying these. The Session Tracker, Player Tracker, and the Secret House Goals have made my life a lot easier.

AsmodeusLore,

You are welcome! I am doing this to make my wife's life easier running encounters and I don't see any reason to keep it to ourselves .

BTW, thank you for the work you do on these boards. Folks like you and Mudbunny are under appreciated.

Bryan Blumklotz
I second AsmodeusLore's thanks.

The house goals especially were a great use (I forgot to write them up for my players so quickly printed a copy of yours off before last nights game).

Bryan-

Do you have the secret missions for Chapter 3 available? 

AsmodeusLore,

Soon. I was going to finish them up this morning but there was a water leak into one of my storage garages and I spent the morning cleaning that up. Will try and get it done this afternoon.

Bryan
Ch. 3 House Goals are up.

Since more than one house can share a goal and I wasn't going to make three different version of each card. So, I have made the generic (i.e. they don't have a house glyph on them). If you want to personalize them with a faction glyph, then use the Avery Sticker labels I created to peel off and stick on the cards depending on which hous chose which mission.

Thanks,

Bryan Blumklotz
AsmodeusLore,

Soon. I was going to finish them up this morning but there was a water leak into one of my storage garages and I spent the morning cleaning that up. Will try and get it done this afternoon.

Bryan

Sorry to hear about the leak.

Thanks for the updated goals. Unfortunately, I haven't been using the stickers, and won't have time to get any before tonight, so they will just have to deal with generics.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thankyou for all the work you did.  I have not played since about 2006 while 3.5E was current and this has been my second season of encounters.  All the cheat sheets that were created has reduced the frustration of beening a first time DM a great deal. 
Sign In to post comments