A creature, 2 enchantments, and a sorcery

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lorakesh, Fever Dream Symbol_B_mana.gifSymbol_B_mana.gifSymbol_B_mana.gif

Legendary Creature-Nightmare
Pay 3 life: Target player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Whenever you lose life, put that many +1/+1 counters on ~.

1/1

Pseudoscience Symbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gif

Enchantment
Symbol_1_mana.gif: Draw a card and discard 3 cards.

Inner Will Symbol_2_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gif

Enchantment
Creatures you control have "Tap: Counter target spell it's CMC is equal to this creature's power. This creature does not untap during its controller's next untap step."

Forced Contemplation Symbol_2_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_R_mana.gif

Sorcery
Target player draws 4 cards and skips his/her next turn.

Think about it, won't you?...-Thinly veiled threat of an Izzet Guildmage        

Symbol_1_mana.gifSymbol_2_mana.gifSymbol_3_mana.gifSymbol_4_mana.gifSymbol_5_mana.gifSymbol_6_mana.gifSymbol_7_mana.gifSymbol_X_mana.gifSymbol_W_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_B_mana.gifSymbol_R_mana.gifSymbol_G_mana.gifWUUBBRRGGWWBBGGUURRW2W2U2B2R2GTapUntap

Inner Will seems pretty bonkers.
Re: Lorakesh, Fever Dream
I'm not sure on the ruling here, but does paying life for an activated ability count as life loss? If so, he basically has "pay 3 life: target player mills 1, put 3 +1/+1 counters on Lorakesh". That's EXTREMELY good for just 3 life, especially on a 3-drop. Something's not right there...

Re: Pseudoscience
Simple card, and I like the flavor .

Re: Inner Will
Kind of weird, but I think restricting it to "with a CMC equal to this creature's power" and also making it stay tapped a turn is a nice balance to the otherwise free counter you're getting for 3. I know some friends who'd love this in their blue decks.

Re: Forced Contemplation
Meh. It's okay. It gives the target player a pretty good card advantage at the cost of 1 turn. I guess it's fine.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

@IceMetalPunk: Yes, it does. And yes, it is too good.

I like Pseudoscience, and I love the flavor. I want nothing more than to put it in a reanimator deck.

Inner Will is just bonkers.

Forced Contemplation looks fun in multiplayer. Politics and all.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I don't get it. This is balanced how? hatred is 5 to cast and you built it onto a creature for 3?

not a big fan of Bazaar of Baghdad-esque effect. if you really want to dump your hand, careful study and Breakthrough would do a much better job since there seem to be a sharp expiration of how long you want that effect - most usually not more than 1 shot. And you do realize you need to spend 3 mana before it does anything.

feels like counterbalance on steroid.

meditate is one of my favorite cards.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I don't get it. This is balanced how? hatred is 5 to cast and you built it onto a creature for 3?

It's much worse than that. Put a Whispersilk Cloak on that creature. Now pick your favorite life payment card. As long as you have more life than your opponent, you win.

Better yet, put a Basilisk Collar on that creature, then a Cloak. Unless I'm playing infect, you win.

meditate is one of my favorite cards.

This isn't quite Meditate. It's actually a Meditate you can force on an opponent, either for political points, or just to get an extra turn, say to finish him off.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments