[RTR-ICD] Goblin Electromancer

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yeah!
Wow, with this and Arcane Melee in the same Standard for a year... could we see a viable Izzet deck in Standard?
I think the world just exploded and then made it rain pretty rainbow fairie unicorns.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Man, this could be one fun common...

I'm giggling. Izzet looks like it could be even more fun this time around.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I'm in love.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
This is a common.

I mean, holy crap, this is a common.

Wow. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

That's it. Everyone go home after this block is over. Magic is done.
This is nuts.  Izzet Delver, lady-dogs.
can't believe this is common.
lady-dogs.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Ok, RtR is too lovable already.......... wait this is a common...........

Goes great with......... instants and sorceries and Snapcaster Mage. Also makes the new "overload" card costs R to deal 1 damage to a non flier.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

That's it. Everyone go home after this block is over. Magic is done.

Lol

"Just put +1/+1 counters!" -Wizards new motto

Ok, RtR is too lovable already.......... wait this is a common...........

Goes great with......... instants and sorceries and Snapcaster Mage. Also makes the new "overload" card costs R to deal 1 damage to a non flier.

Mmmm...Only indirect Snapcaster synergy. Flashback is an ability, not an alternate cost, so you would still ahve to pay full market value on a snapback.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Yay! Divination now costs !
This will work very well with cards like Think Twice and Rewind.  Tap three, untap four?  Pay U, draw, flashback?  The common rating really doesn't speak much to its power.  I kinda wanna build a pauper deck around it too.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Don't think this is that good tbh doubt it will be constructed playable.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

It would have a lot of difficult finding a home in Standard, because if you are going to screw with your curve like this, you probably want it to be much more consistent before you try anything degenerate.

It might find a home in some older formats with Storm decks though. 
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
I am so excited to see that Izzet will indeed be an instant/sorcery guild. I the kinds of decks cards like Delver of Secrets and Talrand, Sky Summoner inspire (though I agree Delver is a bit too powerful), and I'm excited for more spell-slinging goodness.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

MOOOORE POOOWER!!!
MOOOORE POOOWER!!!

If there is a degenerate deck based off of this, I demand it be called Warp Factor 9.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:

It would have a lot of difficult finding a home in Standard, because if you are going to screw with your curve like this, you probably want it to be much more consistent before you try anything degenerate.

It might find a home in some older formats with Storm decks though. 

Maybe Pauper. It might find a home in something like UR Post.
I will use it in standard somehow. Unless I don't.
Mmmm...Only indirect Snapcaster synergy. Flashback is an ability, not an alternate cost, so you would still ahve to pay full market value on a snapback.

Flashback is an alternate cost. If you have Goblin Electromancer and you cast an instant or sorcery spell with flashback, then it will cost less to cast.
I like how people are talking about whether or not this is Standard playable

you know nothing about the Standard format with this card in it, nothing

You are posting in a thread in a sub-forum that has the word "speculation" in its title.

People are here to well, speculate...?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

We know four of the five sets that will be in Standard when this card is. That's enough to speculate.
Holy cow, this is nuts. And common to boot!?
Why am I seeing Delver of Secrets, Snapcaster Mage, Augur of Bolas, and this guy as part of a super wizard team!?

Edit: I guess might as well throw in Talrand, Sky Summoner
I don't really expect degeneracy, but this card does start to look better if you just think of it as 1 mana for a 2/2 (given that in an instant/sorcery heavy deck it will probably pay back 1 mana on average).

And Standard happens to have a deck that likes casting 1-2 mana threats and lots of instants and sorceries.

That said, the mana cost is a bit of a killer.  If U/R doesn't turn out to be the dominant delver mana base, then this'll show up like...once every 30 delver decks. 

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

I don't really expect degeneracy, but this card does start to look better if you just think of it as 1 mana for a 2/2 (given that in an instant/sorcery heavy deck it will probably pay back 1 mana on average).

And Standard happens to have a deck that likes casting 1-2 mana threats and lots of instants and sorceries.

That said, the mana cost is a bit of a killer.  If U/R doesn't turn out to be the dominant delver mana base, then this'll show up like...once every 30 delver decks. 

You're forgetting that all the free-casting(Phyrexian Mana) is going bye-bye. Woot back to regular magic now...
A bear in the noncreature colors that ramps your instants and sorceries. Izzet awesome? Why yes, yes it is.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

I guess you haven't been keeping track of the 80% of that format that's already in use? 'Most things' is not the same as 'nothing'.
Now that's a bargain!
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!
Am I alive

Is this real 
This guy is awesome.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Dissipate is now Counterspell+.  Flames of the Firebrand is now a more flexible Arc TrailNegate and Essence Scatter are now .  Your Bonfire of the Damned does an extra damage.  This card is pretty wild, i'd imagine it will be used.   
I hope a spell overloard deck is possible with mass spell reduction things like this. Thta would make a hilarious casual deck.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
This pleases me.
It makes Cackling Counterpart cost , then Flashbacked cost , then kicked Rite of Replication cost , and then Fireball cost for 8 damage.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
That's awesome Dr D.
It makes Cackling Counterpart cost , then Flashbacked cost , then kicked Rite of Replication cost , and then Fireball cost for 8 damage.

Some1 has to explain the Fireball part...... Cuz i don't get how it deals 8 damage with this guy
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Counterpart makes a clone, flashback makes a clone, rite makes 5 more. 8 copies in play.