3.5 stone giant pc background.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's for a 3.5 character so it would be best in a previous ed forum. Anyway I just started writing up some background for my stone giant PC. The basic idea is that he's a uniquely freespirited, good natured and wanderlusting giant, looking to adventure and explore the world.  He's going to be designed using the savage species as a guide. Please tell me what you think so far of the idea.

Name: Pharos

Race: Stone Giant

Deity: ??

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Sorcerer/Fighter

Character

1) Pharos is an adventuring Stone Giant. He is a skilled sorcerer/fighter Battle sorcerer of Chaotic Good alignment.

2) When one thinks of a stone giant they think of close knitted, reclusive and neutral. Such is not the case with Pharos for he is a curious, kind-hearted, adventurous and wander lusting individual. Once of age Pharos left the confines of his tribe and set out to explore the world.  He has since grown to become a well renowned adventurer, much to the shame of his traditionalistic parents. 

3) Marked from birth with magical inheritance Pharos has grown to be a strongly potent sorcerer, wielding the powers of the very earth itself with great efficiency.

4) Unlike most stone giants Pharos is a good-natured, carefree and adventurous individual. His personality can be described as cheerful, curious, somewhat simple minded, carefree and free spirited. He also tends to be quite rash, and impetuous, commonly charging in without any consideration of the dangers or consequences.

Goals

Overall Main Goal) Pharos isn’t looking to change the world. He simply wants the freedom to adventure, explore, and to enjoy life as best he can.

Physical features

Height: Pharos is a partially short stone giant standing at only 9’10’

Weight: 1000lbs

Skin Color: Stony texture and hue

Build: Well Toned and muscled.
Pretty basic so far but it should give the general idea.  

Annam, Iallanis, and Skoraeus Stonebones would all be suitable deities. He could split his devotion between them, if you like.

Unless your DM ignores the rule requiring you to take all the levels in your monster class before taking any other levels, you'll be very high level before you can take fighter or sorcerer.

As an alternative just to look at, you might want to consider the half-giant race.  Say one parent was the giant, one the sorcerer.  With only a +1 LA, you could just about start out multi-classing your idea, with looking towards one of the dual prestige classes like eldritch knight or better.

They measure in at about 8' tall, but keep "medium" while gaining the use of large weapons and powerful build racial traits.

Anywho, good luck.
Consider free weapons like club or staff?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

As an alternative just to look at, you might want to consider the half-giant race.  Say one parent was the giant, one the sorcerer.  With only a +1 LA, you could just about start out multi-classing your idea, with looking towards one of the dual prestige classes like eldritch knight or better.

They measure in at about 8' tall, but keep "medium" while gaining the use of large weapons and powerful build racial traits.

Anywho, good luck.

Seconding this.  Thematically, the racial Stomp ability even fits, though you should see if you can get it keyed to full HD instead of half without wasting a feat.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
You can create a masterwork boulder for throwing. Drill three holes for your fingers,put on re-inforcing iron bands. I call this the "Bowling Ball of Doom! ".

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.