A Hairless Thoctar contest: Alara, pt 3: The Bone Heaps

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
First we visited Bant, to witness the pirate princess; Lisha.
Next, we visited Esper, to behold the godfather of Esper, Crucius the Mad.
Now, we turn our sights to the undead hellscape that is Grixis.

The last two contests have been persons of interest, so I thought we might switch things up by visiting a unique occurence of the plane; The Bone Heaps

Once the kathari are done gnawing on a corpse, they fly the skeletons piece by piece to an enormous pile of bones. There, rats and other vermin clean the rest of the meat from the bones and leave only clean, dry, clattering remains. The kathari can then use the pieces to construct animated skeletons, jewelry and armor, and bone golems. Bone heaps can be good sources of red and black mana, and are often scoured for valuables by the minions of necromancers and liches.

Bolded for emphasis.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to design a card that represents the dregscape or events that should occur there. Take note of the text provided as there are soom interesting details to give you direction.

Rules
1. You have 48 hours to design a card.
2. You may only submit one design for the contest.
3. You may change or scrap your design as many times as you like before the due date.

Design Guidelines
1. Your card should be a non-creature, non-walker permanent (enchantment, artifact, or land).
2. Your card should have a red and or black color identity (if it's an enchantment it should have red and/or black in it's cost. If it's an artifact, it should have a red and/or black ability. If it's a land, it should tap for red and/or black.)
3. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.

Voting procedure:
Votes will be tallied two ways.
One, by judge (me), and two, by you, the voters.

Voting rules
1. You have one vote
2. You can not vote for yourself
3. You may vote if you did not enter the contest
4. You are heavily encouraged to give some sort of critique as to why you voted the way you did

If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Otherwise, let's get started and have fun!
Bone Heap

Enchantment
Rare
Whenever a creature dies, gain 1 life and put a bone counter on Bone Heap.
, remove all bone counters from Bone Heap: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less, where X is the number of bone counters removed this way, from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control. It has haste.
Only for the most fortunate is death a permenant occurence on Grixis.

Bone Heap v2

Enchantment
Rare
Whenever a creature or artifact is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, exile it.
X: You may cast target card exiled by Bone Heap with converted mana cost X until end of turn without paying it's mana cost.
Grixis is a land of very little. Someone's trash is always someone else's treasure.
bone heap
land
: add to your mana pool.
, tap an untapped creature you control: put x bone counters on ~, where x is the tapped creature's toughness.
, remove a bone counter from ~: add or to your mana pool. 

not sure about the wording but i hope you know what i mean. 
Jumping on the bone counter bandwagon...

Bone Heap
Land

Whenever a nontoken creature dies, put a bone counter on ~.

, remove a bone counter from ~: Add or to your mana pool.
, remove two bone counters from ~: Put a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token onto the battlefield.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

The Bone Heap
Land
Whenever a creature dies, put a bone counter on The Bone Heap.
:T:: Add to your mana pool.
Remove a bone counter from this, :T:: Add :R: or :B: to your mana pool.
In times of war, the heap grows far taller than any mountain. 

Seems like this design was obvious from the text provided =)
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
Seems like this design was obvious from the text provided =)

I felt the same way about mine.  It'll be interesting to see what people put up once the more obvious cards are taken.

Bone Heap
Legendary Land
Morbid - : Add , , or to your mana pool if a creature died this turn.

"The deaths of the past fuel the carnage of the future."

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
The Bone Heap
Enchantment

Whenever a creature dies, exile it under The Bone Heap.
, Exile a creature under The Bone Heap: put a 3/3 Skeleton Golem token into the battlefield under your control.
, Exile a creature under The Bone Heap: Put an equipment card with converted mana cost less than or equal to the converted mana cost of the exiled creature from your graveyard or hand into play.
Bone Heaps --
Legendary Artifact (MR)

Each creature card in your graveyard has Unearth :UM::BM::RM:.
Whenever a creature dies or is exiled, put a bone counter on Bone Heaps.
:T:, Remove a bone counter from Bone Heaps: Add :BM: or :RM: to your mana pool.
Remove three bone counters from Bone Heaps: Put a 1/1 black skeleton creature token onto the battlefield.
Remove seven bone counters from Bone Heaps: Put a 5/5 black golem creature token onto the battlefield.

Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
The Bone Heap
Enchantment

Whenever a creature dies, exile it under The Bone Heap.
, Exile a creature under The Bone Heap: put a 3/3 Skeleton Golem token into the battlefield under your control.
, Exile a creature under The Bone Heap: Put an equipment card with converted mana cost less than or equal to the converted mana cost of the exiled creature from your graveyard or hand into play.

You are exiling an exiled creature, consider Mimic Vat wording.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Bone Heap
Artifact
Whenever a non-Skeleton creature dies, that creature's controller puts a 1/1 black and red Skeleton creature token onto the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
Sacrifice Bone Heap: Add or  to your mana pool for each skeleton on the battlefield.

Edit: Updated the text to fix a slight rules issue.
Pile the Bones
Enchantment
Whenever a creature dies, put a bone counter on Pile the Bones.
Pay 2 life, Remove a bone counter from Pile the Bones: Add or to your mana pool, any player may activate this ability, but only as a sorcery.

It is like community compost! 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Bone Heaps
[]Artifact
(Nonexistant costs can't be paid)
You may cast Bone Heaps from your graveyard without paying its mana cost by exiling one or more creature cards from your graveyard.  If you do, it enters the battlefield with a corpse counter on it for each creature card exiled to cast it.
Remove X Corpse counters from Bone Heaps: Choose one -- add X black mana to your mana pool; or add X red mana to your mana pool; or put a Skeleton creature token onto the battlefield with power and toughness each equal to half of X, rounded down.
When there are no corpse counters on Bone Heaps, sacrifice it.

Bone Heaps is a costless colored artifact.  The color comes from a black and red indicator.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Bone Heaps -
Enchantment
, Exile a creature card in your graveyard: Put a 1/1 red black skeleton creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Add or to your mana pool." onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice five skeletons: Put a 5/5 red black golem artifact creature token with intimidate onto the battlefield.

Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Forsaken Boneyard
Land

: Add to your mana pool.
, : Target artifact or creature card in your graveyard gains unearth until end of turn. The unearth cost is equal to that card's mana cost.

"My empire begins here."
–Nefarox, overlord of Grixis

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Bone Heap
Land
Bone Heap enters the battlefield tapped.
, Add to your mana pool.
, , Exile any number of creature cards from target player's graveyard: Add X mana in any combination of and/or to your mana pool, where X is the number of creature cards exiled this way.  If three or more mana are produced this way, put a 2/2 black and red skeleton token onto the battlefield

worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Bone Heap

Land

~ ETB tapped.

: Add or to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.

: Put a 0/1 black Skeleton creature token with ": Regenerate this creature." onto the battlefield.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I don't think I've got as clear an idea as the last two contests, but these are just kind of too much fun not to put entries in.

The Bone Heaps |
Legendary Land
Forecast - . sacrifice a creature, reveal The Bone Heaps from your hand: Draw a card.
: Add to your mana pool for each creature card among all graveyards.
Scrape to the Bone  
Enchantment
, Discard a card: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature.
, Exile a card from your graveyard: Each opponent loses one life.
Without any new life entering Grixis, every ounce must be savored.

Corny Alara flavor text to boot!
\o/
The bone heaps
Legendary land
Whenever a creature dies, add B to your mana pool.
Whenever a player discards a card, add R to your mana pool.
ENTRY PHASE COMPLETE

BEGIN VOTING

I vote for magicpablo's design.

I'm always a sucker for cards and mechanics that encourage good play habits, and this one helps you to cast things in your postcombat main phase.

And there's a large number of ways to use this card. Sac outlets suddenly help you get mana. A lightning bolt can be followed by another spell, or (in a roundabout way) help you filter to black.
yes magicpablo's is great.  I also like ChaosLight's land a lot too.

But I vote for CKY's entry.  Just really elegant, simple, flavorful.  And grixis.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
For me it goes:
FIRST: magicpablo666
Second: Dr_Demento
third: Sebanovich

Analysis:

HairlessThoctar: I like the exiling clause (it fits well), but the second ability doesn't work as written... I'm supposing an :XM: isn't working somewhere maybe?

TEA_DEMON: I would say sacrifice (given the bone counters). Otherwise an ok card, nothing super extravagant, but it's a safe design nonetheless.

Glasir: I had an original design similar to this. Mine had, and I think yours is missing, a toughness clause rather than one bone counters for one creature. 1 for 1 just becomes increasingly difficult to use late game.

theis999: I feel it works well, but (like Glasir's) it seems to lack some power.

magicpablo666: It's not the 100 percentest flavorwise, but mechanical wise this is great. I tend to judge on mechanics over flavor, but that's just me. I like this card like I like my steak, well done.

Tinkerermcmuffin: Again, I love the exiling dead things, I like the second ability, the third ability is what really loses me here.

altimis: I was going for a Trading Post - esque kind of card. In a Grixis - y kind of way. If I had to do it again, I'd take out the Unearth clause and do something else or alter the card slightly.

Bowshewicz: To me this doesn't quite fit the flavor, and beyond that seems awfully powerful.

Dr_Demento: I do enjoy this card (I love group hug decks!). I misread your card at first and now I like it more (I didn't think it was sorcery speed, at first).

Tevish_Szat: I like the concept of casting it from your graveyard, but I'm not one to buy into the can't be cast due to a nonexistant mana cost gimmick (sorry).

ConfusedAsUsual: I feel this is pretty weak. The exiling a creature card is what kills it for me. It works well with the flavor, but the skeletons should have more power to make up for needing a body in the graveyard. NOTE: Without the exiling a creature card, this gets broken with Blood Artist decks. We just need a happy medium, is all.

CKY: I enjoy this conceptually, but it seems slightly lacking in the flavor.

Sebanovich: I really like this, I'm just worried about how much text there is. This is a great concept of GY hate and mana production in one.

bay_falconer: Short, simple, elegant. My only complaint is the deals 1 damage to you. I mean balancewise it works, but it doesn't do much for me flavorwise.

Imidazoline: I think this is very insightful, and I like it. I'm just not a huge advocate for forecast. I do really like the connectivity that you have.

Yushang: To me this just seems like an Atog. I like it, but it seems awfully abusable to me.

ChaosLight: I enjoyed this card, but abilities seem reversed to me. I don't know why, but syphoning a soul seems more red, than syphoning a mind. Just my opinion. And this seemingly breaks discard/sacrifice outlets.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Just a quick run down on powerlevels:

Thoctar: Erm... X is never defined on this card, so I'm not sure what you were trying to do here
TEA_DEMON: Mediocre mana fixing, I could see something similar being printed, but not played competitively
Glasir: I have no idea, the mana ability is pretty terrible, but the creature making ability feels powerful, but then again Moorland Haunt...It feels doable.
Theis999: Probably the simplest execution of the land concept, printable, budget dual
Pablo: Enough hoops and a legendary modifier makes this defintely printable and pretty awesome
Tinkerer: Exiling Exiled Creatures, doesn't really work
Altimis: At 5 mana, this can get away with being repeated reanimator for cheap probably, so not broken.
Bowshewicz: The skeltonantor effect feels a little more white, but this is pretty balanced
Dr_Demento: Beautifully blanced, nothing could ever surpass this card ever
Tevish_Szat: Because Dredge exists, this is unprintable
COnfusedAsUsual: Waaayy better than Necrogenesis
CKY:... Probably fine?
Sebanovich: I can't think of any particular interactions that this has issues with...I'm leary
bay_falconer: That second ability really needs a tap symbol.
Imi: Really...Really, when is this not going to be better than a swamp, and how many decks are going to abuse this horrifically?
Yushang: Only the second ability will be used, but I could see it being played casually.
ChaosLight: Certainly not broken

Why did I do that again?

FOr my vote, I have to give it to  MagicPablo, it is pretty awesome.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
I will give my vote to CKY. The design was very simple, yet exciting.

I also liked ConfusedAsUsual's and Yushang's design
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
ChaosLight. It makes certain spells "free" and I quite enjoy this. I want to use it with Reforge the Soul. This is the sort of card that makes me with Mana Burn still existed.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
An analysis

TEA_DEMON's loses the Grixis flavor. Tapping for bone counters isn't quite as Grixis as just plain sacrificing them.

Glasir's feels like it would be the Jund land in this cycle. Also, don't we have 0/1 Skeleton tokens in this set?

theis999's looks good. But I could see how in the Standard environment of the time, it could be broken. Not as much as the aforementioned vivid lands, but still...

magicpablo666's is interesting. Not sure if I want to venture away from Alara mechanics, but if we drop the ability word, I'll allow it. But I'm just wondering about how easy it is to abuse this. Also, it doesn't consistently produce mana. Other than that, this is my favorite so far.

Tinkerermcmuffin's involves exiling an exiled card. No, just no.

altimis' requires dropping a font size. DQ. Also, Sedris, the Traitor King?

Bowshewicz' looks nice, but I'm not sure about the tribal aspect. I don't remember Alara having a lot of tribal, except for popping goblins on Jund.

Dr_Demento's completely ignores the flavor of black/red.

Tevish_Svat's also requires dropping a font size. DQ. (Especially since at the time of Alara, we didn't have color indicators.)

ConfusedAsUsual's is my new favorite.

CKY's has the most utility, but I'm not sure I want something that can Snapcaster Mage all ETB abilities.

Sebanovich's is odd, since I'm always going to use it to produce at least three mana.

Imidazoline is DQ'd for bleeding not only by set, but by color. Plus, it took me a second to realize the two abilities were connected, unlike something like Paladin of Prahv.

Yushang's looks good.

ChaosLight's fails simply by lack of an activated ability. Triggered mana sources aren't so good.

So I'm going with CAU.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Stuff to come, but my vote is for Thoctar.

Overall, far too many red and black cards that are actually only black, and as a community we're not very good at designing lands.

Commentzorz

Thoctar: Cool. Everything goes on the heap, and then you can re-animate it or scavenge it! The only thing that make this dangerous for me is that is bypasses some of the megafatty anti-reanimate clauses.

Tea: This is an OK uncommon type level dual land that charges up, though it's kind of weird to link it to toughness - are they hauling bones there?

Glasir: This is also OK from the point of view that you need creatures to die to get any mana out of it. It also makes the second ability semi-relevant long game, but lack of colourless ability hurts this IMO.

theis: Solid common/uncommon land.

pablo: Cool concept, but realistically awful. Most turns this is going to be a total blank, and then it has another drawback in Legendary. Crying for a colourless ability.

Tinker: Doesn't work. You're exiling something already exiled. The rules can't differentiate this as worded. NOT RED.

altimis: 'Whenever a creature leaves the battlefield'? Also, too much stuff.

Bow: That's interesting. I quite like it. Again, I don't get why this generates red mana.

Dr D: NOT RED. Also, it's like the worst mana ability ever. I mean, I understand why you used the restriction, but it just makes it clunky.

Tevish: This is all over the place. This is also bonkers. It's a free ritual.

CoA: I like this. It's really neat and together. IT'S NOT FREAKING RED.

CKY: At least you've linked the red to meaning something, but it's a bit of a stretch for me.

Seb: I think the mana cost on the second ability is fine, ala Cabal Coffers. But the fact remains that this IS NOT RED and also that it's a mana ability that targets, which is a no-no.

bay: Painlands are already powerful, and you've plugged an amazingly strong token generation mana sink into as well. Also, NOT RED.

Imi: I'm just going to note here that I forgot about the 'should suit Alara block' thing, so the knock on Forecast is fine, but it's most definitely not a colour bleed IMO, regardless of which colours forecast has been used on previously. Also, (because I'm clearly not winning this one which is fine), this is a very powerful mana ability yes. That's also legendary, useless up to about T4(?) needs a self enabler and is hated out by Nihil Spellbomb etc. The reason it doesn't have a colourless ability is because the mana ability is so powerful, and because by using the forecast it self fills. But I was still worried about random 'drop this, tap for 6' type of thing.

Yushang: THANK YOU FOR MAKING A CARD THAT'S ACTUALLY RED AND BLACK. I think it's neato actually.

CL: Legendary land that can't make mana when you want it? Sure there's some degenerate stuff you can arrange with this (Mutilate to net mana seems wrong[/c]), but overall I think it's wanting.
Overall, far too many red and black cards that are actually only black, and as a community we're not very good at designing lands.

That's because lands that produce colored mana need a downside.
139359831 wrote:
@Imi

Oh my god, thank you :D

I can't remember the last time someone voted for me in one of my own contests :D

Thoctar: Erm... X is never defined on this card, so I'm not sure what you were trying to do here

Wait, what?

Oh dammit. Putting X inside of the [mc ] [/mc ] doesn't work.

The X is defined by the activation cost.
@Imi

Oh my god, thank you :D

I can't remember the last time someone voted for me in one of my own contests :D

Wait, what?

Oh dammit. Putting X inside of the [mc ] [/mc ] doesn't work.

The X is defined by the activation cost.

You are welcome.
Also, I was pretty sure that the X was missing. That one is just annoying.

Mmm...In that case (Thoctar's), I'm scared of power level, that is really strong and really versatile CA (and Graveyard Hate). Conjurer's Bauble becomes : Draw a card. Urza's Bauble become's : Draw a card at the beginning of next turn's upkeep[/c]. This card in many ways turns all kill spells into Unsummons.

Basically, this card does a lot of really, really good things for 2 mana.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
CKY, I think.  Lots of fun things to do with this guy.

Hey, I'm done with comments.

Cards were better than I thought at first pass, but seriously, lots of issues with colour this round for me.
The bone heaps should not be able to make mana normally since its very dead. Like, too dead for black mana. That was my idea anyway.
Thanks for the feedback, all. I'm glad that people generally liked the card, even if I haven't seen any votes so far. I'm normally okay at balance, but color bleed is something I struggle with. That's what I rely on community feedback to fix.

I'm really not sure why it generates red mana, and if I had the chance to rethink it, it'd just be black.

@Thoctar: :x[c][/c]m: will give you . As far as I know, there's no way to get it using an [mc] tag.
@Altimis: Hmm, I was thinking of it as an alternate 'unearth' actually. It is Grixis after all.
@Dr_Demento: "Wayyyyy better than Necrogenesis". Erm, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
@Imi: B-B-But the tokens are red~~ (Yea, weak link, I know). 

Among the cards, it goes down to Thoctar and Yushang for me.

Thoctar - I like for the image of how everything goes to the bone heaps to be scavenged for something of worth and when they dies, they go back to the bone heap again. One concern of mine is that for a card so closely associated with Grixis, your creatures never really hit the grave. I know it sort of translates to bone heaps is now your graveyard and all the creatures and artifacts has unearth but it just seems strange to me, sorry. I too have concerns with the power level of endless 'recycling' of my and your creatures and artifacts.

Yushang - There is a sort of elegance in depicting the system behind Grixis and the bone heaps. It doesn't reanimate skeletons or add mana but I really like how it shows the sort of place Grixis is since from what I gathered, the bone heaps is one form of representation of Grixis so I think this card does that well.

After much thought, I am giving my vote to Yushang.

Sorry for not commenting on the rest since I am pretty bad with commenting stuff. 
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />altimis: 'Whenever a creature leaves the battlefield'? Also, too much stuff.

It is actually shorter the way I worded it (trust me, I checked), and also bouncing or shuffling a creature away shouldn't provide "bones", to me at least. And yes... way way WAY to much. If I did it again, I'd do something like this:

Bone Heaps --
Artifact (MR)

Creatures in your graveyrad have Unearth :UM::BM::RM:.
Whenever a creature dies or is exiled, put a +1/+1 counter on Bone Heaps.
: Bone Heaps becomes a 0/0 colorless Skeleton creature until the end of turn.

Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Show

HairlessThoctar - I really like this one.  It seems like a really abusable, yet not, Mimic Vat.

Tea Demon - This seems really slow, yet not.  It takes from some things, but feels like it's own thing.

Glasir - Really like this as a form of token making from RB.

Theis999 - Seems a bit meh.

Magicpablo - Bit of a feel bad land, which isn't a good thing.

Tinkerermcmuffin - I think this tries a bit too hard.

Bowshewicz - Reminds me of Genesis Chamber, which is (y).

Dr Demento - Shared mana is iffy, and making it only sorcery speed fixes that a bit.  It seems like it'd never get used, though.

Tevish - Seems really really complex for not much gain.

Confused - Would have been nicer, I think, without the forced mana-making ability.

CKY - Really nice.  Awesome flavor text.

Sebanovich - Seems a bit on the complex side, too.  You're already doing something not-normal by exiling opponent's stuff, but then it tacks on even more.  Seems bleeeh.

Bay Falconer - Seems much too strong, and too many drawbacks.  It's normally nice to put one drawback on a land, 'cause any more are too hamfisted.

Imidazoline - Awesome here.  This begs for flavor text though.

Chaos - Good, but a bit meh.

Imma vote for Hairless, on this one.
\o/
You realize, of course, that "too strong, and too many drawbacks" is a contradiction. And anyway, it only has two. It's not Boseiju, Who Shelters All or anything. More like Murmuring Bosk or a karoo land.
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments