Sorcerers and Warlocks

I'm putting this in here because it's appropriate, even though they are in the players packet...

I made a few interesting observations that I would like to share with the DM's out there for story ideas.... The way the warlock and sorcerer are designed, they are EASILY set up to allow a trained person to hunt them down by looking at signs. These indicators are varied, but a trained character with "bounty hunter" and some forbidden or magical lore should be able to decipher that to hunt down their sorcerers and warlocks, they need only look for the signs.

This could either lead to a very interesting investigative based game, or it could lead to the players running from some decent zealous NPC's with a goal based on the characters directly. 
That is some good insight
That is some good insight

I'm actually running a game about the theocratic country that owns the most territory in my game world deciding to start hunting all sorcs, warlocks, and other 'evils'. The party had a GREAT time running from the village after an inquisitor got a bit too inquisitive. They got run out of town and even ended up having to kill some commoners with pitchforks and torches on the way out.... a couple of them regret doing it, and a couple of others tried to tell them it would get easier to kill people like that in time. The latter two are evil, but they do have a common goal of getting out of the nation that is now hunting for half the party, and would readily kill the other half for consorting with evil.
So the playtest forums are for feedback from actual, live playtests - not reading the packets and noticing something you want to talk about. Conversations about the packet go in that forum, and things that are more speculative or just conversation go in the D&D Next general forum. With all that in mind, I'll be moving this to the playtest packet forum.

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

So the playtest forums are for feedback from actual, live playtests - not reading the packets and noticing something you want to talk about. Conversations about the packet go in that forum, and things that are more speculative or just conversation go in the D&D Next general forum. With all that in mind, I'll be moving this to the playtest packet forum.

My apologies. I put it in the DM packet section because I thought it would be good for DM's trying to set a good story.
This didn't occur to me until I read it, Aviose. It's a great realization that will add to the flavor.
Party's fighting a spellcaster they take for a Wizard who is slowly getting scaly and clawed, instant realization (leading to gratification cuz its fun to get the references) for PCs paying attention.  
Sign In to post comments