RTR Guild Info/Art Dump

72 posts / 0 new
Last post
Some pages have been found on the Wizards main site that don't seem like they were meant to be accessible yet giving new info about the guilds, (mostly about what ther purpose is now, their current Guild Leader and their current Guild Hall)  from both Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash as well as there being a load of new art and a new 'What Guild are you?' quiz. No clue as to how long these pages will be up for but I figured people here might like to speculate about the new art and whether the fact that Wizards are putting the Guild Halls in front and centre suggests a new land cycle.

Azorius: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Orzhov: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Dimir: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Izzet: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle... 

Rakdos: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Golgari: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Gruul: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Boros: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Selesnya: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Simic: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle... 

Guild Quiz: www.wizards.com/magic/quiz/default.aspx?... 

EDIT: Ok, I spoiler'd in the new art from each of the guild pages but there's just way too much new art in the guild quiz (it seems to be different each time you take it) and the formatting is a bit funky so you'll just have to go through that yourselves. It seems possible that the new guild artwork is the art for new Guildhall/Guildmage cards. Thoughts?

EDIT II: Though that does seem to be Ral Zarek which kind of stops the theory of them showing the art of the guildmage cycle... 
It looks similar to Ral, but I don't think it's him.

The clothes don't match,
Ral has more than one skunk stripe and glowing eyes,
and Ral's a sparkmage, and if that array's any indication, that guy is some manner of chronarch (time wizard).

The clothes don't match,
and Ral's a sparkmage, and if that array's any indication, that guy is some manner of chronarch (time wizard).

True, it just bore striking similarity to the pic that people took as 'confirming' Ral Zarek in RTR, which I now cannot find for the life of me...
Art art everywhere!

The clothes don't match,

True, it just bore striking similarity to the pic that people took as 'confirming' Ral Zarek in RTR, which I now cannot find for the life of me...

it's the exact same image
IMAGE(http://www.magicspoiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Return-to-Ravnica-Game-Day-1-e1345401177365.jpg)
proud member of the 2011 community team

That would explain why it seemed familiar.

The clothes don't match,

Which pretty much confirms the legitimacy of Deadbridge Goliath and the other poorly-photographed promos.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

My guess is that in each of these (maybe not Boros), we're seeing new guildmage art.
The quiz also has a bunch of new art in it.
Some folks on Sally claim that there's a total of 30 pieces of art embedded in the quiz.
I've uploaded all of them in the first post here:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Some folks on Sally claim that there's a total of 30 pieces of art embedded in the quiz.

What's interesting about that art is that one of the images appears to be a Merfolk with a tail rather than legs which Creative has been tryng to move away from in recent years...

Also; I don't care what card this art is from, I need lots of them:

What's interesting about that art is that one of the images appears to be a Merfolk with a tail rather than legs which Creative has been tryng to move away from in recent years...

Also; I don't care what card this art is from, I need lots of them:

I agree, this art is awesome, probably some weak-sauce artifact though.

These pictures are all for different Planeswalker Points achievements.

Azorius

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Orzhov

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Dimir

Show

Signet

Leader

Other

Izzet

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Rakdos

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Golgari

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Gruul

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Boros

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Selesnya

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

Simic

Show

Signet

Leader

Charm

The glowing things are charms ammo. 
I think you are right. The Izzet one has the same art as Izzet Charm from Duel Decks: Izzet vs Golgari.
I doubt the signets will be returning, development have already made comments about how they were too powerful. I'm curious as to what guild mana fixing they introduce to replace it...
I doubt the signets will be returning, development have already made comments about how they were too powerful. I'm curious as to what guild mana fixing they introduce to replace it...

Looking at the new art, it definitely looks like there will be some new mana fixing cycle that will be a nod to the signets. I wonder what they'll call them, though, instead of signets. Or maybe they will call them signets and do the same "guildhall" thing they're doing with the guildmages? These info leaks have made me curious about the weirdest things.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Looking at the new art, it definitely looks like there will be some new mana fixing cycle that will be a nod to the signets. I wonder what they'll call them, though, instead of signets. Or maybe they will call them signets and do the same "guildhall" thing they're doing with the guildmages? These info leaks have made me curious about the weirdest things.

Well with a bit of luck we'll know by this time next week. Because I need to know damn it!

signets with hybrid guild mana to activate, instead of colorless
that should fix them
proud member of the 2011 community team
If those are indeed mana fixers, they likely won't be called signets. I mean, Gruul has a Statue, Rakdos has a branding iron, and Boros has a wall carving.
Also, we can't be sure, but I think the Dimir charm and "signet" will be the other way around from the way they are in PirateAmmo's post. The first picture fits in better with the fact that all the charms are glowing guild symbols. And as Helluminatus pointed out, the "signet" pictures feature a variety of different objects, so I think the ceiling symbol would fit.

Also, we can't be sure, but I think the Dimir charm and "signet" will be the other way around from the way they are in PirateAmmo's post. The first picture fits in better with the fact that all the charms are glowing guild symbols. And as Helluminatus pointed out, the "signet" pictures feature a variety of different objects, so I think the ceiling symbol would fit.

The Dimir picture that I thought was the art for a charm was used previously for Duskmantle, the Dimir guildhall, on this page. The art for the other charms are new I think.
Just putting this out here, but if I were a planeswalker, I would want to look like the guy in Rakdos charm.

Some more art from Planeswalker Points acheivements. These all look like lands.

Dimir

Boros

Orzhov

GRRRRR

I am either really angry and anxious, or those are totally shocklands... 
GRRRRR

Unlikely. They were careful when making the shocklands to not tie their flavor into the guilds. Well...except for the watermarks.

The existence of guild lands shouldn't make us think that the shocklands won't be reprinted though. We should be expecting a guild land cycle. 
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
GRRRRR

Unlikely. They were careful when making the shocklands to not tie their flavor into the guilds. Well...except for the watermarks.

The existence of guild lands shouldn't make us think that the shocklands won't be reprinted though. We should be expecting a guild land cycle. 

But they always tied into guild flavor, they just wanted the names to be reprintable, hence the watermarks. They just wanted to avoid naming them things like "izzet steam vents" and "Boros foundry"
Did anyone take the test? I got Dimir.

Some of the questions tore me, so I went and took the test twice and put in the answers both ways. Once I got Boros, once I got Rakdos.

Borakdos? 

I got simic easily, but dimir was my third.  Of course the questions are kind of obvious.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
Loving all the art, especially the lands!

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
My guess is that in each of these (maybe not Boros), we're seeing new guildmage art.

I think your right, the golgari second pic is confirmed to be the guildmage art. I wouldn't be supprised if many of the other second pics will be too.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

I think your right, the golgari second pic is confirmed to be the guildmage art. I wouldn't be supprised if many of the other second pics will be too.

When you save the pictures off their site it says it is the guild mage in the title.  So, yes, it is the guildmages.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
When you save the pictures off their site it says it is the guild mage in the title.  So, yes, it is the guildmages.

To be precise, it says "GuildImage", but ya these are probably guildmages.

Some more guildmage art. These are from the acheivement you get when you win a store event. Some of them are new, but some of them we have seen before.

Azorius

Izzet

Dimir

Simic

Boros

Orzhov

Golgari

Selesnya

Rakdos

Gruul

Here are some images that are not associated with any guild. The first three are new I think. The last two are from cards in the old Ravnica block.

With Transguild Courier back, I'm sure we'll see one or two colorquantity-matters spells like Might of the Nephilim and Blessing of the Nephilim again.
And maybe even a reprint of Spirit of Resistance this time.
With Transguild Courier back, I'm sure we'll see one or two colorquantity-matters spells like Might of the Nephilim and Blessing of the Nephilim again.
And maybe even a reprint of Spirit of Resistance this time.

There's no reason to think Transguild Courier is coming back. Even if it was reprinted, it would have new art. They just used art from an old card because it's relevant to the setting and looks cool.

There's no reason to think Transguild Courier is coming back. Even if it was reprinted, it would have new art. They just used art from an old card because it's relevant to the setting and looks cool.

I hope so.
My secret wish is a 0/1 version with Birds of Paradise's ability. For or even .
The ultimate color fixer. Let me dream a little longer~
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
The art with the gem looks a lot like Prophetic Prism.
The art with the gem looks a lot like Prophetic Prism.

That'd be a pretty cool reprint. Awesome mana fixing for limited.

Transguild courier would break the crap out of quirion dryad.
Edit: I was wrong
Also, sunhome guildmage has best art IMO
Also, looks like our Ral is just nivex guildmage