Hybrid Sorcerer/Darklock

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So i've got an idea for a character that's a practice in opposites. in particular, he's the embodiment of the entropic effects of both light and darkness. i think i've got the mechanical aspects down where i want them (though advice there is welcome, of course), but i'm not sure how to roleplay this guy. basically, i've reflavored all his powers to feel like they are either Light, Dark, or both.

Soulscour

name: undecided, but for now i'm calling him Soulscour
human hybrid Sorcerer/Darklock
alignement: chaotic neutral (we use the dual axis alignment in my circle, even though we play 4e)

str:13
Con:11
Dex:10
Int:16
Wis:8
Cha:18 (racial bonus)

hp:23
surges/day:6
surge value:5

AC:13
Fort:12
Ref:15
Will:16

feats/features:
eldritch blast uses charisma
dark pact (hybrid)
warlock's curse (hybrid)
hybrid warlock's reflex
+str mod to damage on sorcerer powers
Distant Advantage
Reckless Curse

at wills:
Entropic blast (Eldritch blast)
            fires a ball of static at foe, and everything the static touches disintigrates.
Blinding light (eyebight)
             a bright light flashes from his eyes, focused on a single foe, who loses the ability to see where Soulscour is until the start of his next turn
Shadowball (Burning Spray)
            Soulscour unleashes a ball of pure shadows originating from himself, which envelopes enemies in dark fires.

encounters:
Polar disruption (cursebite)
               Soulscour's warlock curse looks like a tendril of darkness that ties him to his foe. when he uses this power, he launches the power of light down this dark trail, and the violence wrought from putting two opposites in the same space tears all those under his curse apart. Soulscour can only do this every once in a while because afterwards the remnant light within him is too small to be effective.

dailes:
The End (Dazzling Ray)
             utilizing his unique abilities to balance both darkness and light, Soulscour lays a second warlock's curse on his foe, this one made of light. as the two curses meet, they turn to raw entropy and dissintigrate the hapless foe caught in the middle of the chaos.

so the general idea is his sorcerous blood contains the magic of light, and his dark pact...well that's self-explainatory. but what kind of person would this internal conflict produce, and why would someone who is full of light ever want darkness as well. and what kind of ways could i use RPing to play up his dual polarity?
Maybe he's the descendant of an Eladrin and Drow coupling, who sealed the power of their offspring into a human lineage to hide their love from the scornful eyes of their respective races. For added effect in boosting this concept, look into a divine multiclass of some kind and call is harnessing the power of Corellon and Lolth in equal measure.

Happy Gaming
Maybe he's the descendant of an Eladrin and Drow coupling, who sealed the power of their offspring into a human lineage to hide their love from the scornful eyes of their respective races. For added effect in boosting this concept, look into a divine multiclass of some kind and call is harnessing the power of Corellon and Lolth in equal measure.

Happy Gaming

hmm... the ilegitimate son of a Light fey eladrin lord who's domain is Radience and Light and his secret lover, a priestess of Lloth... and to save both of them from prying eyes, he was magically transformed into a human, and then when he was old enough sent to the primal plane and hidden there... i like it! i'm less fond of the Correllen vs Lloth thing, but i just dislike the flavor behind devine classes in general, so i'm not really unbiased...it does deserve some thought. the trick is, what class would i MC into? obviously, something CHA based, so his multiclassing isn't utterly useless, but at the same time, it would have to be a ranged style because of his horrible AC...

edit: grammer fix 
Paladin multiclass isn't a bad divine choice for a Cha primary character. Walker of the Dark Path or Soldier of Faith would be the best selections to get best benefit of your Cha score (and both still fit the light and dark gimmick, funnily enough XD). Soldier of Faith favors the ranged play more than Walker of the Dark Path if you ask me, but your milage may vary.