Goblin Artist

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I own a version of the Blood Artist Zombie deck and I love it. i think Blood Artist is the new Disciple of the Vault

I wanted to put this deck together for relatively cheaply, and so the question arose "how can i make a deck that's just as effective yet cheaper than zombies?" Cheap and effective immediately brought up GOBLINS.

so before they go out of style (rotation) here's the list.

also considering some other black cards such as Tragic Slip , the sideboard is in the works. comments questions?

should I add Goblin Chieftain for an exit-strategy? what about Vexing Devil? could not ignore the obvious powerhouse cards.
You should still run chieftain so that you have some sort of output other than blood artist. also somethingthing other than mortarpod for sac outlet, that RB vamp would work miracles.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

...hmm sac outlet......ohh i know Killing Wave!

i know most people would use it as a sweeping spell, but why can't I sweep all my guys if i have Blood Artist out.

Aristocrat is great, i will still consider her.

and i dont know if you noticed but i also have Goblin Grenades too, mortarpod just happened because i wanted some more artifacts to sac to Kuldotha Rebirth.
...hmm sac outlet......ohh i know Killing Wave!

i know most people would use it as a sweeping spell, but why can't I sweep all my guys if i have Blood Artist out.

Aristocrat is great, i will still consider her.

and i dont know if you noticed but i also have Goblin Grenades too, mortarpod just happened because i wanted some more artifacts to sac to Kuldotha Rebirth.

I saw goblin grenade, but it's a one time use and not a reliable outlet. You might get 1, maybe 2 a game. It is a great bomb, or a grenade if you may, but you need something that will consistantly kill your creatures on the fly, and a 0cost sac outlet is a great way to go about it. Mortapod costs mana to equip, aristocrat doesn't. And she bonks for 4 flying too.

Arms Dealer. I'm disappointed in the new look, though.

Bloody Goblins!

4 Goblin Fireslinger
4 Spikeshot Elder
4 Blood Artist
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Chieftain
2 Hellrider
2 Krenko, Mob Boss

2 Killing Wave
4 Goblin Grenade
2 Pillar of Flame
4 Krenko’s Command
2 Brimstone Volley

4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Dragonskull Summit
14 Mountain

Thoughts? 

How are you running Blood Artist and Goblin Grenade and NOT Arms Dealer? Is there some fine print on the card that makes it bad?
I love Arms Dealer i just didnt know if I wanted to pay 2 to blow something up. I suppose now that I am analyzing the meta 4dmg is a lot. plus the one to the face from blood artist.

lol now i can call the deck  Art Dealer. the joy that overcomes me right now is too much. fyi i am an artist, it's not just a screen name.

i like Hellrider. don't know why I didnt think of him.

but somehow that list seems slower than the original list.

i really wanted to abuse Kuldotha Rebirth+Memnite turn one to give 4 bodies on turn 2 for a Blood Artist to paint with. 

though I do like Brimstone Volley as a solid 3 drop. 
I think you need a draw mechanic. You play your hand and you're stuck top decking. Game over when a field wipe hits the field. I think Reforge the Soul would fit nicely.
I think you need a draw mechanic. You play your hand and you're stuck top decking. Game over when a field wipe hits the field. I think Reforge the Soul would fit nicely.

Board wipe vs a blood artist deck? Since when is someone killing all of your creatures in a deck designed around your creatures dying a bad thing? It'll be game over and all, but not for OP

Board wipe vs a blood artist deck? Since when is someone killing all of your creatures in a deck designed around your creatures dying a bad thing? It'll be game over and all, but not for OP

It what scenario do you see him having 10 creatures on the field, one being a blood artist and being able to attack with 10 before being field wiped?
The absolute max he can have on the field is 8 and that's not including blood artist. A turn 3 slagstorm or black suns zenith ends his deck. Then he's stuck with 1/1 creatures top decking.

Krenko wont hit the field until turn 4, 3 in the perfect hand and can't use his ability until turn 5. Thats the same turn all field wipes become active. In order to get him out on turn 4 he will need 4 mana. By turn 4 you will have a total of 11 cards assuming you went first, 4 being mana and one being a blood artist he can have a max of 8 creatures in the perfect hand on the field by turn 4 with 0 cards left over in his hand.
I'm not saying the reforge was a bad idea. I'm just saying that his board getting wipped doesn't put him far behind at all. It gives him a massive advantage. Also, if he does end up taking my advice with chieftain he can infact tap a krenko on t4.

t1)mountain, memnite, sacc for 3 gobbies
t2)mountain, artist
t3)mountain, chieftain
t4)mountain, krenko, tap for 5 more gobbies
t5) any attempt at boardwiping makes them die. Not board wiping makes them die. They need a serious miracle at this point to win the game if you got that work like you want.  

This perfect little scenario requires  9/10 cards on turn 4 to be right, then if you do reforge the game is as good as over.

Edit: that t2 mountain should be a swamp

I'm not saying the reforge was a bad idea. I'm just saying that his board getting wipped doesn't put him far behind at all. It gives him a massive advantage. Also, if he does end up taking my advice with chieftain he can infact tap a krenko on t4.

t1)mountain, memnite, sacc for 3 gobbies
t2)mountain, artist
t3)mountain, chieftain
t4)mountain, krenko, tap for 5 more gobbies
t5) any attempt at boardwiping makes them die. Not board wiping makes them die. They need a serious miracle at this point to win the game if you got that work like you want.  

This perfect little scenario requires  9/10 cards on turn 4 to be right, then if you do reforge the game is as good as over.

Well first off Artist is swamp :P
but you are under the impression the opponent does aboslutely nothing the first 4 turns. O-rings, Miracle terminus, miracle bonfire, DoJ. Strangleroot Geist, field wiping, stronger creatures, tokens, black kill cards. A single tragic slip, ratchet bomb. There are so many answers that will shut down the deck which is why goblins just aren't as competitive anymore as they use to be.
There is plenty of spot removal, and plenty of board wipes. I know, but most decks, unless you're playing grixis, aren't running them in abundance. This is a creature heavy format, and a lot of decks revolve around not caring until they get there stuff out.

Geist: Meh, not a big enough threat, an arms dealer makes quick work of him, or a pillar
BFD: This is a thing, but I'm not going to address it because it's as close to an I win card as there is right now so moving on
BSZ:  Also a real thing, but slow enough to deal with in my opinion
Terminus: Also a thing, but only miracled, which is pretty much saying "Welp i guess if they draw a perfect hand to counter my current hand, then I lose"
Single removal: yeah, but it also stops them for a turn, but doesn't set you back too much unless they nail krenko perfectly
stronger creatures: Primeval and mana dorks vs 15 goblins. Not lookin so good for the jolly green giant.

Sure there's an answer for everything, but what I'm getting at, by the time they've figured out that they need to board wipe, it's really just going to put OP in a really good place. He casually does it again, while they try and rebuild too. He's going to rebuild faster, and if he draws into another artist it's GG.

If you want card draw, conisder Altar's Reap. It gets you cards and triggers Blood Artist. It great in response to removal and board wipes.
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12