Help with Implement for Elven Monk

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
As the title suggests, I need help with my character's implements. The spear and longbow are mainly for flavor reasons, but I want to focus on Ki Weapons/Ki Focus. (Whichever will work best with his background) Here's a link to his sheet @ Mythweavers. I'm wanting something to keep his Watershaper theme with his attacks also, and will be picking up water/storm sounding attacks.

Davlannan Moonshadow- www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheet...
Use a thunderfist ki focus.  Or a forked lightning one.  Few ki focuses are more storm appropriate than thunder and lightning.
If I was playing an elf monk, I'd just use the bow as primary implement, probably with Ki Weapon enchant. Bracers of Archery are too good to say no to. Then I'd just get a ki focus that works without attacking, like Rain of Hammers.
Thanks guys. I will look at both sets of options. They sound like fun.
If you'd consider Eladrin as your "Elf", since it essentially is an Elf, they get a very nice feat for Longswords as an Implement. Plus, they have some very nice feats and options, in general.
If you'd consider Eladrin as your "Elf", since it essentially is an Elf, they get a very nice feat for Longswords as an Implement. Plus, they have some very nice feats and options, in general.

You know you can just take longsword proficiency and automatically gain implement prof. with it as well as a monk, yes?

Monks are proficient as implements with all weapons they're proficient with.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Yeah, they do. I think that the Elf build I have is going to work well, but I needed some help with the magical enchantments for him. I think this thread has been useful and I got what I needed from it.
I think the feat Cantrip was referring to was Dancing Thorn Style, which gives an untyped +1 to longsword implement attacks and +1 damage on FoB if you 2-hand it.
And is only for Eladrin I might add.