Should I go to FNM tonight?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have: 

monoblack zombie
u/w spirit
w/g weenie
red dd/vamp

none are particularly good. None use mirrodin block.

I'm not totally up on the rules. Haven't played in years, really.

Should I go and totally embarrass myself?
yes
proud member of the 2011 community team
Absolutely, yes.  Meeting a local community in your area and playing real games in a (semi)competitive environment will help you get better at the rules, deckbuilding, and playing.
No. Magic is for nerds.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I think I'll take my spirit deck. It has 4 drogskol captain and that cloning card, so I can end up with 6 of him in play ideally.

2 drogskol captains... Do they affect each other? IE: do they both become hexproof? 
2 drogskol captains... Do they affect each other? IE: do they both become hexproof? 

yes
proud member of the 2011 community team

yes

Fantastic.

Maybe I won't lose every game. 
I say go! I'm going.

I'm bringing along my Curses deck, and I predict that I'm going to go 2-2, which means... well, no prizes for me, but it's a lot better than going out to a movie, for about half the price. It's a win in my book.

That, and I love watching people desperately sideboarding, going "I don't have anything for that!"
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
I have no sideboard
Guess I'll learn what kind of sideboard I should make! 
Best way to learn is to lose. Don't get discouraged; try to take in as much as possible. 
uh, wtf do I do about tokens? I just use spare change at the house. 

uh, wtf do I do about tokens? I just use spare change at the house. 

Do you have any of those useless inserts from booster packs? just use those. 
Coins, dice, face-down cards, etc. are all fine as tokens.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

I use the random booster inserts for mine. That, and for my Humans/Angels deck I cut a stack of index cards into MtG Card size and wrote "Human Tolkien" with a picture of J.R.R. Tolkien on each one. My friends 'bout slapped me.
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
Just got home.

Won two, lost one, tied one for a final result of 5th place.
Not bad I think for my first time ever playing competitively.

Great job!

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.