DotP DLC Deck suggestions

120 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, guys! I made this forum for everyone to put some suggestions for the type of decks that they want to see as DLC on Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 or future DotP projects. You can add some details on the specific decks you would like to see, like what color, type, subtype, or any specific cards.

For me, I would like to see these type of decks:

Red & White Samurai
Blue Merfolk
Red & Green Elemental
White Angel
Blue & Black Faerie

If anyone has any DLC deck suggestions, feel for to post them!
G/B Infect deck
U/W Defender + Angel deck

While I'd love to see these two decks, I'm more interested in seeing new effects in DotP. Things such as Infect, Phyrexian mana, Planeswalkers, Mana pool (I'd love to see a green deck with Omnath in it), and creatures that transform.
G/B Infect deck

While I'd love to see these two decks, I'm more interested in seeing new effects in DotP. Things such as Infect, Phyrexian mana, Planeswalkers, Mana pool (I'd love to see a green deck with Omnath in it), and creatures that transform.

I agree with you on everything else, except planeswalkers. I don't think they need those in DotP, but then again, who knows?
G/B Infect deck

I agree with you on everything else, except planeswalkers. I don't think they need those in DotP, but then again, who knows?

It's more of a personal wish than something I think will happen. According to DotP, you ARE the Plansewalker so it wouldn't make much sense to have Planeswalker cards.

Another deck I thought of: a 4- or 5-color deck of any kind.
It probably will never happen, but all I want is a 5-color deck with lots of Sunburst, lots of Domain, Etched Monstrosity and Legacy Weapon.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

It probably will never happen, but all I want is a 5-color deck with lots of Sunburst, lots of Domain, Etched Monstrosity and Legacy Weapon.

Actually, a myr deck can also be used for that as well.

Actually, a myr deck can also be used for that as well.

But I want it with 5-colors

And myrs can't help with my Domain problems...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

I'd really like a blue/white blink deck with reveillark and other staples of the archtype. Also, Slivers.

I think they should be treated like any other card, and the decision to include them should be based on the same criteria as the inclusion of other cards (power level, flavor, etc.)  One argument to specifically include at least one is that DotP is partially marketed as an intro/learning tool for "full" MtG, and leaving out an entire card type severly hinders that goal.  For comparison, imagine any other card type (creature, instant, artifact, etc.) being completely, and deliberately left out of DotP.

I think they should be treated like any other card, and the decision to include them should be based on the same criteria as the inclusion of other cards (power level, flavor, etc.)  One argument to specifically include at least one is that DotP is partially marketed as an intro/learning tool for "full" MtG, and leaving out an entire card type severly hinders that goal.  For comparison, imagine any other card type (creature, instant, artifact, etc.) being completely, and deliberately left out of DotP.

Hmm. You do have a point about that.
Planeswalkers are out of the game because it would be very hard to balance the decks with them. We all know how powerful they are. Giving them to every deck would hurt the flavor of the game ("why Jace is following Talrand's orders? He's so much more powerful?"), and flavor is very important for this game.

Planeswalkers are out of the game because it would be very hard to balance the decks with them. We all know how powerful they are. Giving them to every deck would hurt the flavor of the game ("why Jace is following Talrand's orders? He's so much more powerful?"), and flavor is very important for this game.

You think it hurts the flavor more than when Krenko summons himself?

In the rules for Planeswalkers themselves, you have a built-in flavor description, in that they represent temporary alllies with "loyalty" counters, and are unique to the point where no Planeswalker of the same name can be on the field at the same time.

It might not be easy to balance their power level, but they've included cards like Demonic Tutor, Swords to Plowshares, and Counterspell in decks, which are all too powerful to see the light of day in modern magic.

Great, now I'm fixated on this cause it sounds like it would be so much fun.

Fog Bank, Wall of Omens, Stalwart Shield-Bearers, Vertigo Spawn, Pride Guardian, Wall of Denial, Perimeter Captain, Plumeveil, Psychic Membrane, Wall of Spears. Any combination of these would be aggravating beyond all reason.

Throw in card draw and control like Think Twice, Preordain, Into the Roil, Mana Leak, Path to Exile, Journey to Nowhere and some threats like Ludevic's Test Subject, Avacyn, Angel of Hope [hey, we got Gris, why not Avacyn?], Emeria Angel, Guardian Seraph, Adarkar Valkyrie, Illusory Angel, Iridescent Angel, Voice of All, Baneslayer Angel, Luminarch Ascension, Geist of Saint Traft.

Show
Lands: 24
Island
Plains
4 x Terramorphic Expanse

Creatures: 23
[deck]1 Perimeter Captain
3 Pride Guardian
1 Fog Bank
2 Serra Avenger
3 Wall of Omens
2 Illusory Angel
1 Wall of Denial
1 Psychic Membrane
1 Emeria Angel
2 Stinging Barrier
2 Voice of All
3 Angel of Mercy
1 Iridescent Angel[/deck]

Instants and Sorceries: 13
[deck]1 Festival
2 Path to Exile
3 Preordain
1 Feeling of Dread
2 Into the Roil
2 Compulsive Research
1 Aethertow
1 Austere Command[/deck]

Unlocks
Aethertow
Serra Advocate
Wall of Denial
Illusory Angel
Fog Bank
Rolling Stones
Wall of Spears
Vertigo Spawn
Woolly Razorback
Savor the Moment
Turn the Tide
Emeria Angel
Perimeter Captain
Telling Time
Stalwart Shield-Bearers
Plumeveil
Serra Avenger
Feeling of Dread
Compulsive Research
Voice of All
Rolling Stones
Wall of Spears
Vertigo Spawn
Adarkar Valkyrie
Telling Time
Serra Advocate
Aethertow
Plumeveil
Savor the Moment
Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Premium Unlocks
Chronomantic Escape
Wall of Water
Iridescent Angel
Sunscape Familiar
Geist of Saint Traft
Sunblast Angel
To Arms
Psychic Membrane
Turn the Tide
Thoughtweft Gambit

Great, now I'm fixated on this cause it sounds like it would be so much fun.

Fog Bank, Wall of Omens, Stalwart Shield-Bearers, Vertigo Spawn, Pride Guardian, Wall of Denial, Perimeter Captain, Plumeveil, Psychic Membrane, Wall of Spears. Any combination of these would be aggravating beyond all reason.

Throw in card draw and control like Think Twice, Preordain, Into the Roil, Mana Leak, Path to Exile, Journey to Nowhere and some threats like Ludevic's Test Subject, Avacyn, Angel of Hope [hey, we got Gris, why not Avacyn?], Emeria Angel, Guardian Seraph, Adarkar Valkyrie, Illusory Angel, Iridescent Angel, Voice of All, Baneslayer Angel [hate to include her due to her incessant presence in DotP, but she's just too amazing to pass up], Luminarch Ascension, Geist of Saint Traft.

I love that one! Great idea!

You think it hurts the flavor more than when Krenko summons himself?

In the rules for Planeswalkers themselves, you have a built-in flavor description, in that they represent temporary alllies with "loyalty" counters, and are unique to the point where no Planeswalker of the same name can be on the field at the same time.

It might not be easy to balance their power level, but they've included cards like Demonic Tutor, Swords to Plowshares, and Counterspell in decks, which are all too powerful to see the light of day in modern magic.

Well, for me at least, Krenko jumping in and fighting alongside his green conrades makes much more sense than Jace obeying Talrand. That's just me, though.

About balancing, let's think about it. Imagine, for example, DP. Add 1 more Counterspell to the deck and it will improve the deck a bit, but won't change it in a drastic manner. Now add Jace, Memory Adept to the deck. Suddenly, the deck gained a huge threat that can generate CA or contribute to your win-con (mill) in the same turn it's cast, and your opponent has to deal with it right now, or it'll just get worse. To add even more upside, control decks will have a hard time against him, and every creature attacking Jace will be one less atacking the DP player, buying him more time. And we all know what he can do with more time... To summarize, JMA alone could catapult DP to a top tier deck.

And we aren't even talking about Jace, the Mind Sculptor...

Hey, guys. I don't wanna sound rude, but let's not dwell & argue about the whole planeswalker thing.
all i need in magic dotp 13   is my tezzeret u/b/w  artifact deck   come on  wotc  make it happend   i miss my artyfact deck so much
I love to see Near-Death Experience deck. It even has a trophy already but the icon is Worldfire 
all i need in magic dotp 13   is my tezzeret u/b/w  artifact deck   come on  wotc  make it happend   i miss my artyfact deck so much

+1 to this! Used to have an esper deck with Tidehollow Strix + Metallurgeon = infinite deathtouch blocker, Executioner's Capsule + Sanctum Gargoyle = recuring Doom blade, and even artifact Akroma.
Hmm. What I also would like to see is an Artifact/Praetor deck for each of the Legendary Praetors:

Red Artifact for Urabrask the Hidden
Green Artifact for Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Blue Artifact for Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
Black Artifact for Sheoldred, Whispering One
White Artifact for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

+1 to this! Used to have an esper deck with Tidehollow Strix + Metallurgeon = infinite deathtouch blocker, Executioner's Capsule + Sanctum Gargoyle = recuring Doom blade, and even artifact Akroma.

I agree with you, man!
Anyone out there got any more suggestions for DLC decks?
I don't know much about real magic so I can't recommend any crazy ideas. All I want is a real dragon deck and a real artifact deck and Im good(them crappy oens in 2012 don't count), for the artifact deck, it can be like tezzerets deck in the original dotp or it can be like karns deck in 2012 I don't mind, either works well for me so long as it isn't like tezz's deck in 2012(which was just ass). Id like to see another reanimation deck, or at the very least, some kind of bolas deck because I love that color combination. Id be very interested to see if I could use a 5 mana deck, but Im certain thats prolly never gonna happen, but as a multi-color deck lover, id really like to try one out.

Thats really all I got, wizards seem like they are getting the hang of building these decks so I have faith if they make a dragon deck(or any of the aforementioned decks) odds are it will prolly be functional to a certain degree. But if I could only have on of these suggestions it'll be a real dragon deck, I wanna burn fools with my flameblast dragon and hellkite overlord again, either that or the 5 mana deck because I think it'll be a very different type of deck to play.
I posted 2 decks that I'd love to see on a different thead, but i'll repost them here...

I'd like the U/B deck to be ninjas with Baleful Strix, Harbor Bandit, Inkfathom Infiltrator, and etc. for evasion, and have the new ninjas: Sakashima's Student and Silent-Blade Oni.

...how about a W/R deck with Gustcloak Savior and his buddies along with Close QuartersHellrider, and Nobilis of War. Maybe even add in Dogpile and Burning Oil.

I'd like the U/B deck to be ninjas with Baleful Strix, Harbor Bandit, Inkfathom Infiltrator, and etc. for evasion, and have the new ninjas: Sakashima's Student and Silent-Blade Oni.

++++1 to this! That's an awesome idea for DLC!

...how about a W/R deck with Gustcloak Savior and his buddies along with Close QuartersHellrider, and Nobilis of War. Maybe even add in Dogpile and Burning Oil.

Hmm. That's an interesting deck idea

I'm kind of getting an itch to see a real reanimation deck included. This splashing of reanimation spells we have currently doesn't do enough for me. I want to be constantly dig and throw away cards to reanimate stuff often, rather than have opportunities to miss out of reanimations some games (even Eons of Evil was sometimes forced to hardcast by not having enough reanimation spells to see one every game).
I'm kind of getting an itch to see a real reanimation deck included. This splashing of reanimation spells we have currently doesn't do enough for me. I want to be constantly dig and throw away cards to reanimate stuff often, rather than have opportunities to miss out of reanimations some games (even Eons of Evil was sometimes forced to hardcast by not having enough reanimation spells to see one every game).

Whoa. Now, that's an unique deck idea! I like it.
Maybe a Turbo-Fog deck would be cool. Or a self-mill deck.

A turbo fog or a self-mil deck, huh? interesting. How about an Ally deck or a Soulbond deck?
How about a myr deck that runs well with all of Etched Creatures' abilitoes. Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is level up cards in this game. That would be a unique function.
I'd love an Artifact/Tezzeret deck in one of the expansions, but if they really are going with the Ravnica theme beyond the first expansion, I'm fine with that - as long as Orzhov gets a deck.  I love Exalted Darkness, but I don't want its existence to preclude a deck for my favorite Guild.
I'd love an Artifact/Tezzeret deck in one of the expansions, but if they really are going with the Ravnica theme beyond the first expansion, I'm fine with that - as long as Orzhov gets a deck.  I love Exalted Darkness, but I don't want its existence to preclude a deck for my favorite Guild.

I agree with you on that. What I would like to see is another triple color deck, or maybe a quadruple color deck. Like A Red, Green, Blue and White Angel deck that uses Avacyn, Bruna, Gisela, and Sigarda. 
Here are more artifact decks that I would like to see:
One that uses the arcbound creatures
A golem deck.

Now, here's another type of deck:
Red & Black Vampire deck with Olivia Voldaren and Stromkirk captain. 
Anyone else have any suggestions, or details about which deck you want to see?
A blue Tribal deck would be nice.  All the other colors have had Tribal decks.  Maybe a Faerie deck?
A blue Tribal deck would be nice.  All the other colors have had Tribal decks.  Maybe a Faerie deck?

2012...Blue Illusion Tribal
R/W Samurai
U/B Ninjas
U/G Snakes
W/B Dark Heavens 2.0
R/G Eldrazi Tokens

I realize 4 of these are tribal, but they're some of my favorite tribes. Although, aside from snakes, I don't see this happening for DotP 2013, since Samurai and Ninja use mechanics not currently in the game and Eldrazi tokens use mana pool. However, the Eldrazi mana pool problem can be solved/worked around. Everytime you select a spell to cast, the game will prompt you for how many Eldrazi spawn tokens you want to sacrifice, kinda like the prompts for kicker or X spells.      

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I can't believe I forgot that, since it was the deck I played most.

I blame alcohol.

R/W Samurai
U/B Ninjas
U/G Snakes
W/B Dark Heavens 2.0
R/G Eldrazi Tokens

I realize 4 of these are tribal, but they're some of my favorite tribes. Although, aside from snakes, I don't see this happening for DotP 2013, since Samurai and Ninja use mechanics not currently in the game and Eldrazi tokens use mana pool. However, the Eldrazi mana pool problem can be solved/worked around. Everytime you select a spell to cast, the game will prompt you for how many Eldrazi spawn tokens you want to sacrifice, kinda like the prompts for kicker or X spells.      

I really like those deck ideas! Although they might not be in DotP 2013, I'm hoping they'll consider them in the future!

I can't believe I forgot that, since it was the deck I played most.

I blame alcohol.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Shoot! We all end up forgeting our favorites someway. :D
I really want a :G::B::R: spider deck! 4x [C]Arachnus Spinner[/C] + 4x[C]Arachnus Web[/C]. Also include the awesome [C]Dragonlair Spider[/C] and [C]Sentinel Spider[/C]. [C]Deadly Allure[/C], [C]Green Sun's Zenith[/C] and other cool stuff.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

I really want a :G::B::R: spider deck! 4x [C]Arachnus Spinner[/C] + 4x[C]Arachnus Web[/C]. Also include the awesome [C]Dragonlair Spider[/C] and [C]Sentinel Spider[/C]. [C]Deadly Allure[/C], [C]Green Sun's Zenith[/C] and other cool stuff.

Oh, yeah! That would make a good deck idea, wouldn't it?