weird deck

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm thinking about reuniting some spare cards I have to make a new deck and I would appreciate if you could give me some advices.

The deck woul be something like:

Creatures (24)
1 x Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer
1 x Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
1 x Godhead of Awe
4 x Thistledown Liege
3 x Azorius Guildmage
2 x Armored Guardian
4 x Deft Duelist
4 x Bant Sureblade
4 x Esper Stormblade

Instants(8):
4 x Counterspell
4 x Repel Intruders

Sorceries (4):
4 x Supply // Demand

Artifacts (2):
2 x Elixir of Immortality

Lands (22):
4 x Celestial Colonnade
4 x Azorius Chancery
4 x Esper Panorama
5 x Island
5 x Plains

The deck was build around Thistledown Liege and the objective is to build a fun and cheap deck to play with.

The objective is to use cheap cards, boosted by Thistledown Liege and supported by more powerful creatures to win the game.
The lack of land worries me, especially with some of those more expensive cards.  I would throw in a few more Islands and Plains.  Also, you may want to consider grabbing a couple Evolving Wilds, just to be on the safe side
The lack of land worries me, especially with some of those more expensive cards.  I would throw in a few more Islands and Plains.  Also, you may want to consider grabbing a couple Evolving Wilds, just to be on the safe side

You are right, I'm considering replacing the 4 Wayfarer's Bauble with 4 Esper Panorama, so that I would have 22 lands.

What do you think?
Well, it adds one colorless, which most of your cards don't use.  But it can get your Islands or plains out with a sacrifice and 1 of anything.  I still think you should add a couple more basic Islands or Plains.  But just a couple, maybe 2 of each.
2 of each is to much, with 26 lands I would be swiming in lands and what would I take out to put 4 more lands?

But you're right about the Esper Panorama, it's best to use 4 Evolving Wilds than 4 Esper Panorama.

I came here expecting a deck full of Gelectrode, Petrahydrox, and Steamcore Weird. I am disapointed.
^^ Same.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Crystallization and Hindering Light might be more pertinent choices for this deck, especially with the mana base.

The former adds to Gwafa's ability, the latter keeps your hand full against targeting.

Glacial Fortress is relatively cheap to acquire too. 
I came here expecting a deck full of Gelectrode, Petrahydrox, and Steamcore Weird. I am disapointed.

Ditto, I am sorely disappointed.
officially going to make deck, then post a thread about it.

It's still a weird deck ... nothing that the majority of the sane players would assemble. But maybe next time I think about a deck with those cards

Crystallization and Hindering Light might be more pertinent choices for this deck, especially with the mana base.

The former adds to Gwafa's ability, the latter keeps your hand full against targeting. 

Glacial Fortress is relatively cheap to acquire too. 

The problem of Hindering Light is that it's more limited than countersepell, since I can counter almost anything with counterspell and very few spells with Hindering Light and I have 4 counterspell that aren't in use. Would it be worth to replace these by Hindering Light?

What cards should I take out to put Crystallization in? Considering that my friends tend to have plenty of anti-artifacts and anti-enchantments spells, I tend to stay away from them.

I made the deck around Thistledown LiegeCelestial ColonnadeAzorius Chancery and counterspell, since I had removed these cards from other decks and they aren't being used ... so I tried to figure out a deck to add them ... and this was the above deck is the result.

I would appreciate any suggestions and any opinions about the deck.

My dck currectly has the following composition:

Creatures (24)
1 x Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer
1 x Godhead of Awe
4 x Thistledown Liege
3 x Azorius Guildmage
2 x Armored Guardian
4 x Deft Duelist
4 x Bant Sureblade
4 x Esper Stormblade

Instants(8):
4 x Counterspell
4 x Repel Intruders

Sorceries (4):
4 x Supply // Demand

Artifacts (2):
2 x Elixir of Immortality

Lands (22):
4 x Celestial Colonnade
4 x Azorius Chancery
4 x Evolving Wilds
5 x Island
5 x Plains

If someone has any advice/suggestion, I would love to read it. 

What exactly are you hoping to tutor with Demand?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
What exactly are you hoping to tutor with Demand?

The main objectives for demand is Grand Arbiter Augustin IVGodhead of Awe and Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer.

The  Grand Arbiter Augustin is more for slowing down my opponent(s), Godhead of Awe can be really good if I have at least 1 liege on the battle field and Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer can also break my opponent game ... or I can use it in one of my creatures to draw cards. 
Gwafa screams bad. Everybody will purposely let you put counters on stuff for the free cards and then remove it. 
Gwafa screams bad. Everybody will purposely let you put counters on stuff for the free cards and then remove it. 

What would you recommend I add instead of him?

I feel like a very minor black splash for Mystical Teachings would be cool, to help you grab your lieges. Multiple copies of that guy in play can just beat people up.
The problem is that Mystical Teachings has a higher converted mana cost than Demand and I would had to mess up with my mana base to get some swamps, would it be worth it?

Would it be better if I took out the Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer, to put one Armored Guardian in?

Creatures (24)
1 x Godhead of Awe
4 x Thistledown Liege
3 x Azorius Guildmage
3 x Armored Guardian
4 x Deft Duelist
4 x Bant Sureblade
4 x Esper Stormblade

Instants(8):
4 x Counterspell
4 x Repel Intruders

Sorceries (4):
4 x Supply // Demand

Artifacts (2):

Lands (22):
4 x Celestial Colonnade
4 x Azorius Chancery
4 x Evolving Wilds
5 x Island
5 x Plains

You needn't splash black beyond 4X Arcane Sanctum. Perhaps a solitary Swamp on the offchance you get Evolving Wilds early alongside a Plains and an Island.
You needn't splash black beyond 4X Arcane Sanctum. Perhaps a solitary Swamp on the offchance you get Evolving Wilds early alongside a Plains and an Island.

The problem is that it costs to much mana and it would mess my mana base for something I can do with the cheaper Supply // Demand.

I have made some changes and added the sideboard, so the deck is now like this:

Creatures ( 24 ):
1 x Godhead of Awe
4 x Thistledown Liege
3 x Guiding Spirit
3 x Armored Guardian
4 x Deft Duelist
4 x Bant Sureblade
4 x Esper Stormblade

Instants( 8 ):
4 x Hindering Light
4 x Absorb

Sorceries ( 4 ):
4 x Supply // Demand

Artifacts ( 2 ):

Lands ( 22 ):
4 x Celestial Colonnade
4 x Azorius Chancery
4 x Evolving Wilds
5 x Island
5 x Plains

Sideboard ( 15 ):
3 x Repel Intruders
3 x Disenchant
3 x Azorius Guildmage
3 x Mirrorweave
2 x Ghost Quarter
1 x Elixir of Immortality

Any comments?
So, is this deck ok, or should I make some tweaks?