D&D Miniatures

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Our play group is a visual play group so we rely on mats, markers, minis', etc...  Ever since WOTC discontinued the miniatures, the prices on the existing miniatures have sky rocketed.  I never played the miniatures game but always bought them to use as an excellent visual aid during our D&D sessions.

Are their plans to release mini's outside of the Dungeon Command Line for people like me who just want to use them as visual references on the table top?  What are other people doing?  I've read a few articles/posts about people making flat token type aids using washers and pictures, cardstock for stand up flat minis, or even some Reaper series minis.

No one else is creating minis of the iconic monsters of D&D or minis specific to D&D mechanics / scale. 
If you want Offical D&D Minis then...

Buy Online (Toad and Troll, Anniesgame, eBay, etc) 

Check Local Hobby/RPG stores

Buy Dungeon Command Game

Paint Mini's from D&D Adventeure Boardgame Systems.        

Those are the ways that I fix up my group. While the price of the Boardgames are up there, and if you take in the money for paint/brushes/cleaning/labor, the boardgames come out cheaper then buying the actual minis, and even if you don't know how to paint, it isn't that hard. I learned over this summer and I'm turning out quality thats of WoTC's standard.

If you want to save time, I suggest buying the Dungeon Command boxes and harvesting the ones out of those. Alot of people paint their own Mini's now (The Metal/Pewter ones)

Those are the methods known to me, hope it helped!   
My Commander Decks Zur The En-hancer Omnomnom
as a mini's enthusist, don't limit yourself to just "official" minis.

there are viable options in pre painted plastics with more coming next year.

my personal favorites are the paizo/wizkids  pathfinder battles it's second major set " rise of the runelords" arrive any day now. and it's next set, "shattered star" is due early next year.

a new entry into the fantasy minis arena is dungeon crwaler minis. they have 3 mini sets out now, and is working on a pirate based set for next year.

and now reaper reinforces it's growing "bones" non painted plastics line with a monstrously sussessful kickstarter, so we'll be seeing plenty of minis next year.

i'm looking forward to it.

star26
Another solution is to get paper minis, if printed on propperly thick paper, they will be quite durable. And the price is quite low. This guy is creating them in order of the stick style. He even does commissions, if you need anything specific. Or you could buy larger setts from paizo, with quite a few iconics in there as well.
While I haven't bought any yet, the Reaper "bones" line is on the verge of explosion, with a goodly amount of sculpts already and a kickstarter in process.
Hey guys, im kinda new to the mini/pewter figurines. I really want something that can get me close looking to my female tiefling hexblade. I know im not gonna get an exact match, but im looking for something with at least horns and a tail (not naked or scandaly clad). Hell it could even just be a female with a hood and cloak on and you cant see her face if that makes it easier. But im just having a hard time looking for anything that fits somewhat. I even looked for devils and succubus too.

So can anyone help me? 
Hey guys, im kinda new to the mini/pewter figurines. I really want something that can get me close looking to my female tiefling hexblade.

At Troll and Toad you can search for miniatures by creature type.
Hey guys, im kinda new to the mini/pewter figurines. I really want something that can get me close looking to my female tiefling hexblade. I know im not gonna get an exact match, but im looking for something with at least horns and a tail (not naked or scandaly clad). Hell it could even just be a female with a hood and cloak on and you cant see her face if that makes it easier. But im just having a hard time looking for anything that fits somewhat. I even looked for devils and succubus too.

So can anyone help me? 

There was a Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus in the Dungeons of Dread D&D Miniatures expansion a few years back.  She is one of the only female tieflings I know about so you can start you search there :D

tiefling warlock
gmh.xocomp.net/characterfigure/Default.a...
here's one, tiefling warlock. it has horns and tail
I really want something that can get me close looking to my female tiefling hexblade.

Here