Friends don't let friends cast Rite of Replication on Phage

34 posts / 0 new
Last post

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Tell your friend to ditch the Kor Cartographer, no?
the title says it all....HILLARIOUS!!  RTFC!!!!!
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
Reminds me of when I was playing a Tarland player, he played T4 Tarland then T5 Rite on his own Tarland. When he saw what happened he just said "omg!" "gg" and conceded.
Did something just as bad. I accidentally Briberied a Phage the other day.. Totally spaced its ability.
Did something just as bad. I accidentally Briberied a Phage the other day.. Totally spaced its ability.

why would you go for a 4/4 with bribery in Liliana's deck?

Rune-Scarred Demon is always my first choice with a blue deck....then grave titan or one of the other fatties...possibly the wurm depending on board setup, dread, etc. Heck, I'd take a Phyrexian, or even a vampire nighthawk before phage...

why would you go for a 4/4 with bribery in Liliana's deck?

Rune-Scarred Demon is always my first choice with a blue deck....then grave titan or one of the other fatties...possibly the wurm depending on board setup, dread, etc. Heck, I'd take a Phyrexian, or even a vampire nighthawk before phage...

It was purely based on the situation. Our opponents were going to have 1, maybe 2 creatures on the board at the time, so I figured a quick victory would be to hit 'em with Phage. As soon as it hit the board I remembered the ability and immediately felt ashamed. 

Not my best moment, that's for sure. 
Best win ever :P
That's how I feel when anyone tries something on Phyrexian Obliterator.  I'm like "if you do that dude, you're gonna have a bad time."
I learned the hard way about the subtleties of Phyrexian Obliterator - mainly, if one is on the board, don't attack with your 64/64 Serra Avatar.

But now I know!

IMAGE(http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg)
the commentary is the best because it seemed you knew it was coming...Cool
I learned the hard way about the subtleties of Phyrexian Obliterator - mainly, if one is on the board, don't attack with your 64/64 Serra Avatar.

But now I know!

Lol....nice
People should really start reading cards.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
I'm a 15+ year Magic Veteran and even I messed up once with Phage. I thought dropping a Reiver Demon to completely wipe all three of my opponents' boards, then attacking with Phage while on the plane Kharasha Foothills would be an epic win...
I once put a Followed Footsteps on Phage. Luckily my team mate was paying attention and bounced it. Hey, we all have our moments. Some times we think more about the "This would be an awesome way to win" part of Phage more than the "This would be an incredibly embarrassing way to lose." part. Or even the legend rule. -_-
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
Happens to the best of us. It gets me too after going back to Duels after papering it up with my playgroup. We all get into a bad habit of playing fast or inattentively as Magic is more of a hangout session, but when in person we don't mind a small "redo" of tapped mana or whatever if someone quickly reacts and does a "Oops, I didn't mean that." Sometimes it's just a yeah, sure, thanks for the card information kind of thing, but in Duels it's like "Nooooo, I meant to tap/cast this other thing instead!" after you realize your mistake.
Happens to the best of us. It gets me too after going back to Duels after papering it up with my playgroup. We all get into a bad habit of playing fast or inattentively as Magic is more of a hangout session, but when in person we don't mind a small "redo" of tapped mana or whatever if someone quickly reacts and does a "Oops, I didn't mean that." Sometimes it's just a yeah, sure, thanks for the card information kind of thing, but in Duels it's like "Nooooo, I meant to tap/cast this other thing instead!" after you realize your mistake.

Playing against AD I had a "moving too fast for my own good moment" wherein I Into the Roiled my opponent's Coiling Oracle rather than the adjacent Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre...

Hehe, yea, once or perhaps even twice I have been too quick and cast a Gempalm Incinerator when I meant to cycle it and I'm all like "Noooo, that's not what I meant to do!" Oh well, you live and you learn.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Yeah! I once used Corrupt to myself because I'm usually on the other side of the choosing screen (I don't usually host matches) and we had the same avatar lol.
Two nights ago my thumb Bribed a Phage.
I want to point out it was all the thumbs fault. He and Brain are now not speaking to each other. Sure hope they can work it out.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Two nights ago my thumb Bribed a Phage.

Dont'spend money on girls!! it's not worth it!

I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
Why would you even run Phage at all, honestly?  It has no evasion, you can't give it evasion, and there are much more consistent fatties you could be using instead.
Why would you even run Phage at all, honestly?  It has no evasion, you can't give it evasion, and there are much more consistent fatties you could be using instead.

You can't live the dream that way! I applaude them for including such cards as Phage, and others like Biorhythm, Primal Surge, or Worldfire. I may not use them competitively, but there are others who enjoy Magic just to resolve spells like these.
That's fair.  I actually lost to Biorhythm the other day, and we both had a good laugh about it. 

You can't live the dream that way! I applaude them for including such cards as Phage, and others like Biorhythm, Primal Surge, or Worldfire. I may not use them competitively, but there are others who enjoy Magic just to resolve spells like these.

+1
I run Worldfire.
I've only been able to cast it twice, but when I do....
I said in another thread, the board looks so elegant.

Edit:
I have been able to cast Primal Surge quite a few times.
Hint: (whisper) Don't use it if your getting milled.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Odric and Chandra should hang out more (2HG). Oblivion Ring + Chandra's Phoenix + Worldfire = Win!
Every time I try to equip the SoBaM to the creature I just Mind Controlled, I think, "well, at least I didn't try to cheat a Phage into play". It's a small consolation for such a pin headed move, but it helps me sleep at night...
Multiple times I have stopped myself in the process of equipping that sword to a Mind Control-ed creature just in time to equip something else or cancel it.

On a related note, I had an opponent today pause to look at my SoBaM when I cast it, and then he cast Followed Footsteps on one of my creatures on his turn. Of course, I put the sword on it to ditch the Footsteps. I suppose you could chalk it up to not really understanding protection, but I like to think that I play against people with ridiculously bad short term memory.
Multiple times I have stopped myself in the process of equipping that sword to a Mind Control-ed creature just in time to equip something else or cancel it.

On a related note, I had an opponent today pause to look at my SoBaM when I cast it, and then he cast Followed Footsteps on one of my creatures on his turn. Of course, I put the sword on it to ditch the Footsteps. I suppose you could chalk it up to not really understanding protection, but I like to think that I play against people with ridiculously bad short term memory.

IMAGE(http://i48.tinypic.com/2yv74h1.png)
I like to think that I play against people with ridiculously bad short term memory.

One time I cast Thrun, The Last Troll in 2012. My opponent paused for several seconds while it was on the stack, then tried to Cancel it. I guess he was a goldfish.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
I like to think that I play against people with ridiculously bad short term memory.

One time I cast Thrun, The Last Troll in 2012. My opponent paused for several seconds while it was on the stack, then tried to Cancel it. I guess he was a goldfish.

A similar thing happened to me once as well. I cast Thrun, opponent pauses for a bit, and out comes the Cancel. To top it off, he follows up his next turn by casting Sower of Temptation (I only have Thrun out) only to quit out of the match after not being able to take control of the Thrun. Makes me wonder if I happened to be playing some child who couldn't exactly read or something, but it was certainly embarrassing to witness first hand.
"I think a 'magic moment' is about to happen..."

Priceless. 
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
Happens to all of us i tried to prenacius deed (however you spell it O.o) a geist of st tarrif(or is it tarraf) with indestructablep but only used 3 mana thinkg a 3 mana will wipe the board and i can keep my guy alive.....

P.S man is my spelling off tonight.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best