Ritual Casting Benefits

So, some spells can be casted as a Ritual at a variable cost of components and, of course, more casting time than a round (usually some minutes at least). My question is this:

As a Wizard you can cast spells Ritually even if you didn´t prepare said spell for the day, but does this still consume up one of your spell slots? That´s not clear for me after several readings, so maybe you can dispel my ignorance on the matter.
I kind of get the impression it does not casue of the warlock class which has no spells per day.
Sadly they allow me to do with spells before WotC got a hold of them an d reduced them to how much damage they do in a tiny area in a miniscule period of time.

Spells cast in game during combat or out used to affect huge areas, upwards of hundreds of mile, or last hours days or even whole years, some were even permanent.

At least now I can legitimately cast huge area spells or near permanent versions of the spells that were reduced to whimpy shadows of their former selves to accomplish some of the things I used them for in the paast.

Now maybe I can have my version of D&D back 
I personally love the ritual options.  It frees up spell slots for combat actions and eats player money.  Win win.
Rituals do not use spell slots. You have an increased cast time, and usually a GP cost, in exchange for it not taking a spell slot.
My two copper.
Thanks for the answers, I´m gonna playtest the second package next Monday and I want to have all RAW straight just in case. So in exchange for no needing to prepare them and consume slots they take more time and money in components. Seems a decent exchange.
Thanks for the answers, I´m gonna playtest the second package next Monday and I want to have all RAW straight just in case. So in exchange for no needing to prepare them and consume slots they take more time and money in components. Seems a decent exchange.

I think it's an amazing idea. As with the ritual system in 4th edition, it gives all those utility spells like comprehend languages and leomund's secret chest room to exist in this world of optimal building. Who else remembers blowing up dragons by summoning a mansion inside of them? To be fair, this was a misunderstanding of the spell, but it was fun nonetheless. 
My two copper.

I think it's an amazing idea. As with the ritual system in 4th edition, it gives all those utility spells like comprehend languages and leomund's secret chest room to exist in this world of optimal building. Who else remembers blowing up dragons by summoning a mansion inside of them? To be fair, this was a misunderstanding of the spell, but it was fun nonetheless. 

HAHA hilarious
Howdy,

This topic is a better fit for Playtest Packet Discussion so I'll be moving it over there.

Please keep our topic guidelines in mind: Welcome to the Dungeon Master Playtest forum! (Please read before posting)

Thanks

Monica