Are there too many creature tribes???

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
Whenever I think of a new creature type, it can be proven that that creature tribe could simply be placed into another tribe that already exist. Could it be that there are so many tribes that it's pretty much impossible to make any more? A few tribes I came up with that could be turned into another include...

Puppets > Contructs
Pumpkins > Plants/Scarecrows (I was going for a Halloween theme )
Psychics > Wizards/Shaman
Aliens > Eldrazi/Vedalken

So after being corrected around every corner I wondered if Magic: the Gathering already covered every possible creature that could ever be thought up (unless we make up a whole new one lol) or is it possible to make specific creature types like the ones mentioned above.

This is purely out of curiosity and I would like to see your opinions. Are there too many creature types??

The creature types are Advisor, Ally, Angel, Anteater, Antelope, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer, Assassin, Assembly-Worker, Atog, Aurochs, Avatar, Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, Bat, Bear, Beast, Beeble, Berserker, Bird, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Cat, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops, Dauthi, Demon, Deserter, Devil, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Dwarf, Efreet, Elder, Eldrazi, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Elk, Eye, Faerie, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus, Gargoyle, Germ, Giant, Gnome, Goat, Goblin, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin, Hag, Harpy, Hellion, Hippo, Hippogriff, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Hyena, Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Insect, Jellyfish, Juggernaut, Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Knight, Kobold, Kor, Kraken, Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Licid, Lizard, Manticore, Masticore, Mercenary, Merfolk, Metathran, Minion, Minotaur, Monger, Mongoose, Monk, Moonfolk, Mutant, Myr, Mystic, Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightmare, Nightstalker, Ninja, Noggle, Nomad, Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster, Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Praetor, Prism, Rabbit, Rat, Rebel, Reflection, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Scout, Serf, Serpent, Shade, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Siren, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soldier, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spellshaper, Sphinx, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Sponge, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Surrakar, Survivor, Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Treefolk, Triskelavite, Troll, Turtle, Unicorn, Vampire, Vedalken, Viashino, Volver, Wall, Warrior, Weird, Werewolf, Whale, Wizard, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worm, Wraith, Wurm, Yeti, Zombie, and Zubera.

proud member of the 2011 community team

The creature types are Advisor, Ally, Angel, Anteater, Antelope, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer, Assassin, Assembly-Worker, Atog, Aurochs, Avatar, Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, Bat, Bear, Beast, Beeble, Berserker, Bird, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Cat, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops, Dauthi, Demon, Deserter, Devil, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Dwarf, Efreet, Elder, Eldrazi, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Elk, Eye, Faerie, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus, Gargoyle, Germ, Giant, Gnome, Goat, Goblin, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin, Hag, Harpy, Hellion, Hippo, Hippogriff, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Hyena, Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Insect, Jellyfish, Juggernaut, Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Knight, Kobold, Kor, Kraken, Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Licid, Lizard, Manticore, Masticore, Mercenary, Merfolk, Metathran, Minion, Minotaur, Monger, Mongoose, Monk, Moonfolk, Mutant, Myr, Mystic, Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightmare, Nightstalker, Ninja, Noggle, Nomad, Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster, Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Praetor, Prism, Rabbit, Rat, Rebel, Reflection, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Scout, Serf, Serpent, Shade, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Siren, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soldier, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spellshaper, Sphinx, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Sponge, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Surrakar, Survivor, Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Treefolk, Triskelavite, Troll, Turtle, Unicorn, Vampire, Vedalken, Viashino, Volver, Wall, Warrior, Weird, Werewolf, Whale, Wizard, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worm, Wraith, Wurm, Yeti, Zombie, and Zubera.

So basically we don't need another creature type?? Lol
Keep in mind not all creature types should be considered tribes. Many types are just for flavour, not to be relevant for some tribal interaction.
[<o>]
No, I don't think there are too many. There are all sorts of mythological creatures that Wizards hasn't touched. All a "tribe" needs to have is an identity. After all "Beast" encompasses most animals - but if your animal isn't flavorfully a beast, then make it something else.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
They got rid of a bunch too by errataing old cards to fit the standards of today's game. Still think it's ridiculous that everything is a human now. 
I think there needs to be more types, Wizards is often too strict about types these days.
Keep in mind not all creature types should be considered tribes. Many types are just for flavour, not to be relevant for some tribal interaction.

So basically I can make the pumpkin type but keep it under the plant tribe?
They got rid of a bunch too by errataing old cards to fit the standards of today's game. Still think it's ridiculous that everything is a human now. 

Lol true, who wants to play humans lmfao 

I'd think It'd be more accurate to say That you could make a pumpkin tribe, but they'd all have the Creature type of Plant.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.

I'm talking about the list, not your idea. The list is that big but has types like Hippogriff, Sponge and Satyr that aren't really tribes for lack of tribal interaction.

For you, you could make your pumpkins have the type Plant Scarecrow and make cards that care about both types (like Broodwarden pumps eldrazi spawns but not other eldrazis). Or use just one type Plant and have all share a keyword, then use cards that care about said keyword.

[<o>]
There's actually alot of tribes we haven't seen that I would like to see some day, like Mummies (so far Vengeful Pharaoh is the only one I've seen), Satyrs (Lorwyn elves looked like them, but I'd like dedicated Satyrs), Kappa, etc.
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
Magic needs more.

The creature types that do not have to leave the game are Advisor, Ally, Angel, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer,  Atog, Avatar, Basilisk, Bear, Beast, Bird, Boar, Bringer, Cat, Centaur, Cleric, Construct, Dragon, Druid, Dryad, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Faerie, Fungus, Germ, Giant, Goblin, Golem, Griffin, Human, Hydra, Incarnation, Kithkin, Knight, Kor, Lhurgoyf, Merfolk, Myr, Nephilim, Ooze, Pegasus, Pest, Phoenix,  Plant, Praetor, Rabbit, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Saproling, Scout, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sliver, Soldier, Squirrel, Thopter, Treefolk, Troll, Vampire, Warrior, Wizard, Wolf, Worm, Wurm.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

They don't have enough types.
I'm still waiting for Beholders and Mindflayers.

But we got Jellyfish, so I can't complain too much.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!

The creature types that do not have to leave the game are Advisor, Ally, Angel, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer,  Atog, Avatar, Basilisk, Bear, Beast, Bird, Boar, Bringer, Cat, Centaur, Cleric, Construct, Dragon, Druid, Dryad, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Faerie, Fungus, Germ, Giant, Goblin, Golem, Griffin, Human, Hydra, Incarnation, Kithkin, Knight, Kor, Lhurgoyf, Merfolk, Myr, Nephilim, Ooze, Pegasus, Pest, Phoenix,  Plant, Praetor, Rabbit, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Saproling, Scout, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sliver, Soldier, Squirrel, Thopter, Treefolk, Troll, Vampire, Warrior, Wizard, Wolf, Worm, Wurm.

I find your lack of foxes disturbing.
Whenever I think of a new creature type, it can be proven that that creature tribe could simply be placed into another tribe that already exist. Could it be that there are so many tribes that it's pretty much impossible to make any more? A few tribes I came up with that could be turned into another include...

Puppets > Contructs
Pumpkins > Plants/Scarecrows (I was going for a Halloween theme )
Psychics > Wizards/Shaman
Aliens > Eldrazi/Vedalken

So after being corrected around every corner I wondered if Magic: the Gathering already covered every possible creature that could ever be thought up (unless we make up a whole new one lol) or is it possible to make specific creature types like the ones mentioned above.

This is purely out of curiosity and I would like to see your opinions. Are there too many creature types??

You know you'll be proven wrong by the next creature type they create.

Also, wizrards and Shamans don't read minds as a general rule.. 
Doesn't wotc introduce new types every now and then? so it's still possible
Ninja and Samurai came out of nowhere (they didn't just use "warrior" for samurai and "rogue" for ninja)
So did Eldrazi.
Kor is another made up race. And even though there is Wolf, they added Werewolf.
There's actually alot of tribes we haven't seen that I would like to see some day, like Mummies (so far Vengeful Pharaoh is the only one I've seen), Satyrs (Lorwyn elves looked like them, but I'd like dedicated Satyrs), Kappa, etc.

Cyclopean Mummy (before mummies all became zombies) and a couple satyrs, one of which isn't really a satyr or playable.

On classes, I still point out "shaman" is a snarl word used by anthropologists, roughly meaning "any belief system that isn't ours". (Hilariously, Etymonline traces it to sramana, so it is an Indo-European word.)I'd refer to every priest, rabbi, and imam as a "shaman" but nobody realizes when I'm condescending.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
On classes, I still point out "shaman" is a snarl word used by anthropologists, roughly meaning "any belief system that isn't ours".

It generally refers to the spiritual leaders of people in tribal cultures with sub-bronze age technology. "Shaman" also implies the lack of large scale organization, unlike in the Abrahamic, Hindu, and Buddhist traditions.

Sort of like the difference between "Warrior" and "Soldier" is mostly in organization. (Unless you decided to steal your definition from KotOR.)

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

It generally refers to the spiritual leaders of people in tribal cultures with sub-bronze age technology. "Shaman" also implies the lack of large scale organization, unlike in the Abrahamic, Hindu, and Buddhist traditions.

Translation: Snarl word. Plus, it has too many New Age associations. "Core shamanism" and all that woowoo.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

Translation: Snarl word. Plus, it has too many New Age associations. "Core shamanism" and all that woowoo.

The New Agers have a few good ideas, but are very prone to forming cults of personality instead of actually seeking enlightenment.

I'm not sure what you mean by "snarl word", it is a simple catch-all, a broad catagory.

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

The New Agers have a few good ideas, but are very prone to forming cults of personality instead of actually seeking enlightenment.

I'm not sure what you mean by "snarl word", it is a simple catch-all, a broad catagory.

I think he's going for "derogatory" or something along those lines. But snarl word is just too funny. 

You are far more tolerant than me. My experience with them has been a mixture of people who don't realize that they're racist, and animal rights types assaulting hunters and fishermen.

Snarl words are words that don't sound nasty but are meant to be nasty.
139359831 wrote:

I have never gotten that impression from the word shaman.

You are far more tolerant than me. My experience with them has been a mixture of people who don't realize that they're racist, and animal rights types assaulting hunters and fishermen.

I'd agree with this. My job is pretty much to serve these kinds of people and they are ridiculous. I actually prefer the average ignorant American to these people. They are worse because they consider themselves "informed" and "intellectual" when they end up just being another Sheeple Cult.

They refuse to eat food unless it is certified organic. They ignore modern science and medicine, preferring instead "Drum Therapy." For goodness' sake, they claim to have the ability to travel through time.

Needless to say, I was intrigued. I keep trying to get the motivation to invent time-travel so that I can come back and tell myself how to do it. I asked them when they've traveled? What did they see? Any souvenirs? No. Nothing. They went through "the spirit realm" to heal the wounds of the past.

I was disgusted. That's like telling a kid that they can have all the candy they can eat, and then giving them, like, old stale raisins or something. Or candied radishes. I dunno. Maybe, I got carried away. I guess I'm done ranting. Carry on.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I'm still waiting for more support for Sand. My Sand deck is pretty bare with just Dune-Brood Nephilim and Hazezon Tamar!
Rules Advisor. Used to play a lot of old Extended tournaments, now I just play prereleases and casual kitchen-table games with friends. My regular decks, many of which have been evolving for years: Contested Cliffs Beasts Coastal Piracy Hana Kami Spirit recycling Rout Multiplayer control Seizan, Perverter of Truth Commander
I want a Hazezon! But then I looked up the price. Twenty dollars!? I found one in Italian for 12. But still. Actually the idea of an Italian Hazezon is more appealing to me, but that is still far too expensive.

139359831 wrote:
I'm still waiting for more support for Sand. My Sand deck is pretty bare with just Dune-Brood Nephilim and Hazezon Tamar!

Changelings to the rescue!

I like that Changelings are pretty bad at fulfilling their purpose, as people who build tribal decks care more about the flavor of the entire deck. Although they were handy in limited. And some of them are really cool utility cards.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I want a Hazezon! But then I looked up the price. Twenty dollars!? I found one in Italian for 12. But still. Actually the idea of an Italian Hazezon is more appealing to me, but that is still far too expensive.

Try getting your dirty paws on Sun Quan, Lord of Wu before FTV: Legends came out.

"All primitives are the same", coupled with a bunch of hippies doing everything from a bunch of weed to "chuluaqui quodoushka". (You don't want to know, unless you have a fetish for Boomers proving the thirty-fourth rule again.)

@pablo:
inorite? My personal favorite is that all their bizarreness tends to get turned into stereotypes about Indians. Like, my parents didn't trust OBGYNs (because of a history of coercive sterilization), so I was born at home, but I was still vaccinated.

Also, why does everyone think I can predict the weather and transform into an animal?

And remember, internet, if your "fursona" is a buffalo or a wolf in a loincloth, that doesn't make you an Indian.
139359831 wrote:
Apparently you guys have had a lot of experience with bat guano insane people. That's too bad, but just in case you failed to notice, you find those types in every group. I could go into it more, but I figure at this point we are already riding the edge of the CoC and the unspoken ban on religious talk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism#Criticis...

You're getting into some deep anthropological stuff with this discussion. 
Apparently you guys have had a lot of experience with bat guano insane people. That's too bad, but just in case you failed to notice, you find those types in every group. I could go into it more, but I figure at this point we are already riding the edge of the CoC and the unspoken ban on religious talk.

That's why Flavor and Storylines is so much better. It's like the Mods never go down there. They all hang out in Magic General waiting for someone to slip up and say something interesting.

139359831 wrote:
Doesn't wotc introduce new types every now and then? so it's still possible

The most obvious recent example is the Eldrazi, but we also had Surrakar and probably others.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

You Praetin' on Praetors ---- oh, what now?!

139359831 wrote:

There were also riggers. Though technically once Mistform Ultimus was printed, any creature type listed in the Comp Rules already has a creature.
139359831 wrote:
Don't forget the very recent hippogriff.
[<o>]

There were also riggers. Though technically once Mistform Ultimus was printed, any creature type listed in the Comp Rules already has a creature.

Rigger was only added to the CompRules when Steamflogger Boss was printed, so there was never a time when Mistform Ultimus was the only Rigger. More generally, the list of creature types in the CompRules contains only types that exist on some creature or token.