Pumpkin and Pumpkinhead Tribe

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not sure if any exist, but I would love to see some pumpkin-based creatures/spells. I got the idea when I saw the card All Hollow's Eve and the fact that I love Halloween!!! Oh yeah and I was just watching Nightmare Before Christmas and Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King is the  !!!! Lol

I figure they would be , :bgm:, and and either related to or ARE fungi (though I don't think pumpkins are fungi). But I wanted to see your opinions on the matter. If there were pumpkin or pumpkin-headed creatures, what could you see them do????

When making them, think halloween.

I was imagining them as micheivious and sadistic creatures who like to harm everyone around them but give you a benefit of being hurt. Or something to do with the lore of Jack-o-lanturns (To scare away evil spirits). But yeah... throw some ideas around.
I don't think we need a new tribe here.

If they're actually pumpkins, "Creature-Plant" will suffice.

If they're some manner of spirit possessing pumpkins "Creature-Spirit".
Or just Scarecrows?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I don't think we need a new tribe here.

If they're actually pumpkins, "Creature-Plant" will suffice.

If they're some manner of spirit possessing pumpkins "Creature-Spirit".

Hm.. well then yeah if it's a creature-plant type that already exist that would suffice I just say tribe in the manner of creatures with a similar theme (such as cinders being an elemental tribe type Manaforge Cinder ).

I should've been more specific and said pumpkin themed cards (plants most likely).
Or just Scarecrows?

I thought of scarecrows prior but then realized they were artifacts. I wanted an organic creature, like living pumpkins.
How about scarecrows and pumpkins pump eachother?
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
How about scarecrows and pumpkins pump eachother?

Maybe, the problem with coming up with a new creature type is usually there's already a tribe that it could fit with. I mean I can see pumpkins being a plant and having abilities based on pumpkin lore (that's all I wanted really, just a bit of Halloween fun  ) but like they said they might as well be scarecrows. But then I can see scarecrows being contructs, no??
Ahem!

Scaremow |
Artifact Creature - Scarecrow
: Target plant gets +1/+1.
1/1
Pump-Kin | :bgm:
Creature - Plnt
: Target scarecrow gets +1/+1.
1/1
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Ahem!

Scaremow |
Artifact Creature - Scarecrow
: Target plant gets +1/+1.
1/1
Pump-Kin | :bgm:
Creature - Plnt
: Target scarecrow gets +1/+1.
1/1

Hahaha well yeah that works

I don't know I just like the idea of a new tribe to work with. Going with the same tribe for me would lack the necessary synergy I like in cards. If I were to keep pumpkins plants I could see it as...

Jack, the Pumpkin King :bgm::bgm:
Legendary Creature - Plant Skeleton
:bgm::bgm:: Remove target creature from your graveyard, place a 2/2 plant token into play under your control.
3/3

There'd really be no point to the pumpkin theme  (sorry I'm a theme type of guy).
Say wha?
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Say wha?

I wanted a pumpkin theme hahaha I was in a Halloween mood but now that mood is dead 
So?
They're still pumpkins.
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
The Reaper King is lord of the Pumpkin Patch, and woe to any who would pretend to assume his pumpkin hat!

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

The Reaper King is lord of the Pumpkin Patch, and woe to any who would pretend to assume his pumpkin hat!

Lmfaooooooo!!!!!
So?
They're still pumpkins.

You know? You're right.

I can still make the pumpkin theme just put them in the plant tribe. My whole thing was giving syngery ability specifically for pumpkins like "All pumpkins get fear" oh well lol 
I would make the pumpkins specialize in ridding of spirits (jack-o-lanturns were said to ward off evil spirits).

Jack, the Pumpkin King
 :bgm::bgm:
Legendary Creature - Skeleton Plant
:bgm::bgm:,: Remove a creature from the graveyard, place a 1/1 black and green plant creature tokens into play under your control.
3/3
"Our man Jack is king of the pumpkin patch. Everyone hail to the pumpkin king now." - Nightmare Before Christmas 

Pumpkin Patch 
Tribal Enchantment - Plant 
At the beginning of your upkeep, place a 1/1 plant token into play.
: Sacrifice a plant token, target creature gets regenerate.

Jack-o-Lanturn 
Creature - Plant
: Return target spirit to it's owner's hand.
1/2

Pumpkin 
Creature - Plant
Defender, Protection from Spirits
0/3

Pumpkin Song :bgm::bgm::bgm:
Creatures your opponent controls are spirits along with thier other types.
"In this town we call home, every hail to the pumpkin song." - Nightmare Before Christmas. 

Halloween Night 
Enchantment 
Creatures you control have Fear.
"This is Halloween!" - Nightmare Before Christmas

Screaming Lanturn :bgm::bgm:
Creature - Banshee Plant 
Screaming Lanturn gets +2/+2 and fear if an opponent controls a spirit
2/2

Pumpkin-Head :bgm::bgm::bgm::bgm:
Creature - Plant 
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
3/3

Howling Pumpkin :bgm:
Creature - Plant Shaman 
:bgm:: Return target spirit to it's owner's hand. It can not be played until it's controller's next turn.
2/2
Even the most vile of ghost won't come back when the howling pumpkin is placed on our door step.

Death Marsh Pumpkin 
Creature - Plant Horror 
Fear
When Death Marsh Pumpkin comes into play, remove target spirit from the game.
4/2

Hallow's Eve Pumpkins :bgm:
Tribal Sorcery - Plants 
Place X 1/1 pumpkin tokens into play under your control where X is the number of plants in your graveyard. They are considered plants.

Festering Pumpkin Patch 
Enchantment
Enchantment land is a forest. When enchanted land becomes tapped, its controller gains a poison counter or loses two life.

Jack-o-Lanturn Scream :bgm::bgm:
Sorcery 
Target player loses one life for each creature in each graveyard.
"Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back and scream like a banshee make you jump out of your skin." - Nightmare Before Christmas 

Field of Pumpkins :bgm::bgm:
Black plant creatures you control gain Wither.
Green plant creatures you control gain Trample.
No one ever ventures into that field, not unless they wish to perish. 

All Hallow's Eve 
Sorcery 
All Hallow's Eve comes into play with two counters. During your upkeep, remove a counter from All Hallow's Eve. When the last counter is removed, creatures in the graveyard come into play under thier owner's control as if played from the hand. You choose which order they come into play.
Happy Halloween!! 
Make a spirit token producer.
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Pumpkin could be a new creature type. Kithkin, flamekin, pumpkin. (Yeah, I know flamekin are elementals...)

Jack-o-lantern is probably too long to fit well on a type line though. Perhaps just "Jack" or "Lantern"?
Jack would be just pumpkin
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies

Creature - Banshee Plant 
2/2

Sorry to say this but:  Banshee's are noisy spirits.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

love halloween! nightmare before christmas has been my favorite movie since i was little!

alright since thats out of the way, lol, i completely agree that pumpkins should be under the "plant" creature type. maybe kinda like saproling in a sense where their bodies are made out of vines, bones, and dead matter and by judging by all hallow's eve i think maybe they should probably be graveyard based :bgm: that deals damage when a creature is brought from the grave back to the battle field or or can bring pumpkins back by removing creatures from grave yards.

for example:  

call of the damned
enchantment aura
enchant player
all creatures in enchanted player's graveyard are spirits along with their other types.
"the grave is where the dead belong" 

soul feeder pumpkin :bgm::bgm:
creature - plant
soul feeder pumpkin enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters where X is the number of spirit creatures in opponent's graveyard.
2/2  

bloomgrim pumpking :bgm::bgm:
creature - plant
: exile target spirit creature from target player's graveyard, return target plant creature from your graveyard to your hand.
2/2    

Creature - Banshee Plant 
2/2

Sorry to say this but:  Banshee's are noisy spirits.

Lol I know that's why it's called a SCREAMING lanturn
I think he was referring to the type. If Wizards made the card, it'd prolly be "Creature - Spirit" or if they were feeling saucy, "Creature - Plant Spirit."

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I think he was referring to the type. If Wizards made the card, it'd prolly be "Creature - Spirit" or if they were feeling saucy, "Creature - Plant Spirit."

Oooooooh I didn't even notice that o.O okay thanks!!!

That, with a side point being that your pumpkin tribe seemed to be very anti-spirit so it seemed odd to have a spirit pumpkin.

That, with a side point being that your pumpkin tribe seemed to be very anti-spirit so it seemed odd to have a spirit pumpkin.

Lol an ironic pumpkin  

Lol an ironic pumpkin