unconscious with no more healing surges ?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm new to D&D 4e. I'm not sure about this, so I wanted to ask this. What happens in the end of an encounter when you are unconscious with no healing surges ? My understanding is that you regain conscious with 1 HP. Is that correct ?
What happens in the end of an encounter when you are unconscious with no healing surges ? My understanding is that you regain conscious with 1 HP. Is that correct ?

Correct.

Also, if you receive healing that would require you to spend a surge, you are still restored to 1 HP even if you don't have surges to spend.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
No thats incorrect. The only time you regain 1 hit point is if receive healing while having no healing surge.

It depends if stabilized or not.

An unstabilized character will make a death saving throw every 6 seconds.

A stabilized character who receives no healing regain hit points after an extended rest.

A stabilized character who still have healing surges could spend as many as he wish after a short rest.

RC 261 Healing The Dying: When an adventurer is dying, any healing restores him or her to at least 1 hit point. If someone has stabilized the character using the Heal skill but he or she receives no healing, he or she receives hit points after an extended rest.
No thats incorrect. The only time you regain 1 hit point is if receive healing while having no healing surge.

It depends if stabilized or not.

An unstabilized character will make a death saving throw every 6 seconds.

A stabilized character who receives no healing regain hit points after an extended rest.

A stabilized character who still have healing surges could spend as many as he wish after a short rest.

RC 261 Healing The Dying: When an adventurer is dying, any healing restores him or her to at least 1 hit point. If someone has stabilized the character using the Heal skill but he or she receives no healing, he or she receives hit points after an extended rest.

The exception is if someone causes the character to spend a healing surge they don't have (i.e. by second wind, leader power, healing potion) which can speed the process significantly.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Sign In to post comments