Say Cheese and Die

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Goosebumps and this deck is terrible.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Feel free to elaborate because its doing rather well on Cockatrice :P
Cockatrice

There is the first problem.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

So do you just hope that Engine ends up killing them?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

A 4/4 and 2/3 are enough to end the game if the opponent has no creatures on the field. With everything having death touch thats fairly common. Garruk does help get wurmcoil out.
props for using ambush viper, love that little guy. Basicly says,

Flash

Kill something unless they have an answer.
VCL (Volunteer Community Lead - Deck Critique (MTG)) Volunteer Community Nutritionist - (I am watching you diet, even when you think I am not.) Photobucket What my sig is based off of.
props for using ambush viper, love that little guy. Basicly says,

Flash

Kill something unless they have an answer.

Exactly :P This is a green control deck haha
Now imagine that with Yeva. Every single card in the deck is a ambush viper!

I added a couple Bladed Pinion haha
That program is terrible for legitimate playtesting. Half of the users dont even know how to play magic.
You pretty much have to beg for then to play a "tier" deck in your title..and even then they either get mad at you for playing a tier 1 deck, or (win or lose) dismiss any deck you're trying to run as "n00b" and leave. It's very rare you get quality matches on cockatrice.

As for the deck..I don't get it. You're playing deadly allure when all but 5 of your creatures have DT. Turn 1 Typhoid Rats Turn 2 deadly recluse isn't going to scare anybody. I'd say keep the Glissas, Garruks, solemns and birds, scrap everything else and start from scratch.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
You missing Perlious Myr for Glissa

Here from Bennie from SCG

Deathtouch Rancor

4 Birds of Paradise
3 Perilous Myr
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Glissa, the Traitor
4 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Thragtusk
4 Wurmcoil Engine

4 Rancor
2 Dismember
3 Go for the Throat

10 Forest
8 Swamp
2 Grim Backwoods
4 Woodland Cemetery

My list idea

4 Woodland Cemetery
3 Shimmering Grotto
4 Forest
13 Swamp

4 Perilous Myr
4 Glissa, the Traitor
4 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Phyrexian Obliterator
3 Thragtusk
2 Wurmcoil Engine

3 Deadly Allure
2 Go for the Throat
2 Doom Blade
2 Dismember
4 Rancor
1 Lure
1 Mindslaver
Lol deadly allure is so they are forced to block a deathtouch creature, ie glissa.
I don't know about you but all I ever see are tier 1 decks on cockatrice. Delver and Infect. Every other deck is like trading post and other copies of tier 2 decks.
The deck looks like tons of fun, but I can't speak for its viability in a tournament setting. 
cockatrice is only good for testing if you have a competent player to playtest with.  VS strangers, it's like using a barn door as a firing range.

Well, apparently all he sees are "Delver and Infect", so no, not much Tier 1 material.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
cockatrice is only good for testing if you have a competent player to playtest with.  VS strangers, it's like using a barn door as a firing range.

Well, apparently all he sees are "Delver and Infect", so no, not much Tier 1 material.

This made me Lol. Yeah you must be right Delver and Infect decks are HORRIBLE -rolls eyes-
I don't know why you guys are pretending to be top tier PTQ players. Probably 90% of you have never done anything more than a FNM. Playing a FNM is about the same as playing on Cockatrice. You have people who copy tier 1 decks and you have people who make home brews. I see both on Cockatrice and both in FNM.

This made me Lol. Yeah you must be right Delver and Infect decks are HORRIBLE -rolls eyes-
I don't know why you guys are pretending to be top tier PTQ players. Probably 90% of you have never done anything more than a FNM. Playing a FNM is about the same as playing on Cockatrice. You have people who copy tier 1 decks and you have people who make home brews. I see both on Cockatrice and both in FNM.

Delver is still legit, but Infect is just a bad deck. How many Naya Pod lists have you played? How many Frites lists? What about G/R Aggro? Zombies? 
Here is my latest crapation.
Bonus points for guessing the title reference.

With the number of deathtouch creatures in this list, Rancor makes tons of sense.  Deathtouch + trample = lolz

Delver is still legit, but Infect is just a bad deck. How many Naya Pod lists have you played? How many Frites lists? What about G/R Aggro? Zombies? 

mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST
I'm looking at this list and its interesting. I could take your word on it or I could take the statistics that say Delver has placed in 32% of all aggro decks in PTQ and Infect in 8% while Naya pod is only 2%. I think I'll go with the statistics over a random persons attempt to feel important.
I do face zombies. Thats really hit and miss. If Garruk or Wurmcoil hit the field I generally win. If not I generally lose. Ie hit and miss. I'm also playing without a sideboard. Witchbane orb stops zombies biggest threat.

With the number of deathtouch creatures in this list, Rancor makes tons of sense.  Deathtouch + trample = lolz

Sorry rancor doesn't fit at all.
Rancor fits in any deck with green mana.  And trample+deathtouch is sweet as well.   

mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST
I'm looking at this list and its interesting. I could take your word on it or I could take the statistics that say Delver has placed in 32% of all aggro decks in PTQ and Infect in 8% while Naya pod is only 2%. I think I'll go with the statistics over a random persons attempt to feel important.

MTGO Dailies are not the only source of Top 8's, nor necessarily the best. For instance, if we don't count the MTGO Daily Top 8's Infect has had (2 in the past 6 months), then Infect has had 18 Top 8's in all major events. Naya Pod has had 54 (not counting MTGO Top 8's, which Naya Pod has had as well).

It's also worth noting that all your "statistic" tells us is how many people were playing Infect period, not how many people were winning with it. 

Oh, and if we go to the most recent DtB section in the link you yourself provided? Naya Pod, Delver, Zombies, WRR, Humans, G/R Aggro, and Esper Midrange. Infect? No. Most of the decks I named? Yes. 

Sorry rancor doesn't fit at all.

Rancor is rediculous in this deck. Trample+Deathtouch works by only assigning 1 damage to the creature and the rest to the play since 1 damage is lethal. So DT+Trample a 5/x vs a x/5. Normally trample would do nothing, but DT trample would trample over 4 damage anyways.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST

MTGO Dailies are not the only source of Top 8's, nor necessarily the best. For instance, if we don't count the MTGO Daily Top 8's Infect has had (2 in the past 6 months), then Infect has had 18 Top 8's in all major events. Naya Pod has had 54 (not counting MTGO Top 8's, which Naya Pod has had as well).

It's also worth noting that all your "statistic" tells us is how many people were playing Infect period, not how many people were winning with it. 

Oh, and if we go to the most recent DtB section in the link you yourself provided? Naya Pod, Delver, Zombies, WRR, Humans, G/R Aggro, and Esper Midrange. Infect? No. Most of the decks I named? Yes. 

Oh I guess they must use different cards in MTGO. Cards that dont exist in MTG.
Getting 5th/8th place in the 2012 world cup must make it a pretty horrible deck.
Also notice how I said the majority of decks I see are Delver, Infect and Zombies. All three just happen to be tier 1 and just happen to have gotten in the top 8 the most out of every other deck.

tl;dr

if it wasn't already mentioned this deck begs... BEGS for mortarpod

but this deck is definitely just a gimmick.  nothing really legit about doing mono-deathtouch

and why the hell would you run deadly allure??  everythign already has deathtouch.  what's the point of wasting a card.  just run removal or actual good cards. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

I never said Dailies were not A source of information, I said they were not THE ONLY source of information.

You said you mostly saw Delver and Infect, not Zombies. You said nothing about Zombies until I asked.

Infect is not Tier 1. 5th/8th out of any one tournament does not qualify a deck as Tier 1 or even good. I can Top 8 a 5k with Cheeri0s in Legacy, but it is NOT a Tier 1 deck.

Infect has not gotten in the Top 8 "the most out of every other deck". I've already pointed out the exact opposite of that statement (54 Top 8s from Naya Pod vs. 18 from Infect, or 55 vs. 20 if we count MTGO Dailies, not to mention 199 from Delver and 127 from WRR). This isn't even an opinion, it's just numbers. Even not counting other decks, 20 is not "the most" (more than half) of 400.