Ravnica Updates?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
so, um, i've been away from magic for awhile. Did only 5 guilds survive Ravinica's blow up (Dimir def died)? Or are they releasing more with the expansions, like last time?

and who is Ral besides the supposed Izzet PW?

and who is the other PW whose name I cannot remember?

And what is the basic storyline? (couldnt find it on wiki)

And is the Izzet v. Golgari duel deck going to feature two of the legends from RtR? (One hopefully a new Niv?)

many thanks.
The Subversively Evil Yet Extraordinarily Helpful One.
Show
75932913 wrote:
Symo: you are a snake and i don't trust you as far as i can kick you to be honest. this is primarily because of how bad you can roflstomp as mafia and keep getting away with it.
Mafia Games to Date: Scars of Mirrodin: Mafia Roleblocker/Don - Win KoS Mafia II: Town Vanilla - Win Orchard Mafia: Town Vanilla - Lost YMTC Summit of Null Moon II: Mafia - Win *I have never been lynched or NK'd in any of these games. That will probably change shortly.*
so, um, i've been away from magic for awhile. Did only 5 guilds survive Ravinica's blow up? Or are they releasing more with the expansions, like last time?

And is the Izzet v. Golgari duel deck going to feature two of the legends from RtR? (One hopefully a new Niv?)

many thanks. 

No offense, but a little research would easily remedy most of these questions. Ral Zarek is indeed an Izzet walker, at least he used to be an izzet guildmage, not too much is known about him as far as I know.

The other walker is Jace.

Not sure on the story line.

Yes, it has Jarad, Golgari lich lord, which is a pretty cool guy IMO. And same old niv-mizzet, the firemind, with cool new art. 
so, um, i've been away from magic for awhile. Did only 5 guilds survive Ravinica's blow up? Or are they releasing more with the expansions, like last time?

many thanks. 

No offense, but a little research would easily remedy most of these questions. Ral Zarek is indeed an Izzet walker, at least he used to be an izzet guildmage, not too much is known about him as far as I know.

The other walker is Jace.

Not sure on the story line.

Yes, it has Jarad, Golgari lich lord, which is a pretty cool guy IMO. And same old niv-mizzet, the firemind, with cool new art. 

as to researching, I attempted (though not too strenuously). couldnt find it on the wiki pages and the flavor and storylines forum on here was too muddled. 

Show
75932913 wrote:
Symo: you are a snake and i don't trust you as far as i can kick you to be honest. this is primarily because of how bad you can roflstomp as mafia and keep getting away with it.
Mafia Games to Date: Scars of Mirrodin: Mafia Roleblocker/Don - Win KoS Mafia II: Town Vanilla - Win Orchard Mafia: Town Vanilla - Lost YMTC Summit of Null Moon II: Mafia - Win *I have never been lynched or NK'd in any of these games. That will probably change shortly.*

All ten guilds are still up. First set Return to Ravnica will focus on five, second set Gatecrash will have the remaining five (it will be a big-set too), then third set (name unknown) will have all ten (it will be a small set).

Ral Zarek first appeared in an expansion for the Duels of the Planeswalkers game (2012 version), with a blue/red deck. All we know is he's an Izzet guildmage and a planeswalker.

I don't know. The only ones we know will be there are Jace (RTR) and Gideon (GTC). Ral Zarek is presumed to show up in RTR, too, while GTC will have other planeswalker, still unknown. There are lots of speculation about who would be.

We don't know Return to Ravnica's storyline yet.

The Duel Deck will have the original Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, not his new version. Besides Jarad (new Golgari leader), there will be a few other new cards from RTR, still unrevealed.

[<o>]
good stuff, thanks.
Show
75932913 wrote:
Total of five RTR Pre-prints in Izzet v Golgari.

Jarad, and probably two more per deck.

MaRo has said that at least one of them has new guild keyword mechanics.
Here's a list of updates on the Ravnica set so far:

Show

*The set will take place on Ravnica.

*The set will most likely include cards(not confirmed).

*If cards are included, they will likely cost mana.

*"Basic Lands" are being considered for inclusion, which will be tapped in order to produce mana.

*The cards will likely be useable in Standard.

*The cards will be broken down into "Commons," "Uncommons," "Rares," and "Mythic-Rares." Uncommons are planned to be more scarce than Commons, no word yet on how Rares or Mythic-Rares will fit into this.

*The set will be sold in "Booster Packs," which may not be a reliable way to get specific cards.

*Jace has awesome hair.

Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!

*Jace has emo-anime hair.

Fixed.

Show

*The set will take place on Ravnica.

*The set will most likely include cards(not confirmed).

*"Basic Lands" are being considered for inclusion, which will be tapped in order to produce mana.

*The cards will likely be useable in Standard.

*The cards will be broken down into "Commons," "Uncommons," "Rares," and "Mythic-Rares." Uncommons are planned to be more scarce than Commons, no word yet on how Rares or Mythic-Rares will fit into this.

*The set will be sold in "Booster Packs," which may not be a reliable way to get specific cards.

*Jace has awesome hair.

I don't know. This whole "basic land" thing seems really suspicious. I don't think wizards wants Magic to be going in that direction Wink
Ravnica has actually become frozen over since we last visited. Snow Lands for everyone!
Ravnica has actually become frozen over since we last visited. Snow Shocklands for everyone!

FTFY.

Does that mean we won't be getting the old ravnica duals back?

(All of that was JK. Well, technically it was all accurate, but you know. No idea about the duals.)
Ravnica has actually become frozen over since we last visited. Snow Lands for everyone!

I am looking forward to picking up some Snow Covered Underground Seas.

I am looking forward to picking up some Snow Covered Underground Seas.

I hear each game day promo will have snowlandwalk.  So OP.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin

Zombie Musher reprints for everyone!

Zombie Musher reprints for everyone!

As soon as I saw this, Jingle Bells started playing in my head. What a demented Christmas...

Does that mean we won't be getting the old ravnica duals back?

(All of that was JK. Well, technically it was all accurate, but you know. No idea about the duals.)

You've never met catowner, have you?

Nope.

Nope.

As a general rule, if he says something, it is sarcasm.
My research has confirmed that all of the content of the preceding posts are possible. 
Show
75932913 wrote:
Sign In to post comments