How to make "Repeat Performance" better ?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I want to invest a bit in making this deck better. There is one thing though (I just starting playing recently): I would only like to add in cards from M13 atm since I only have that set. I was thinking of adding in Sunpetal Grove and maybe max out the thragtusks and add in 1 Yeva's nature herald ? Any other ideas ? I know its not optimal to not want to add in other sets, but this will have to do. Already spent quite a bit of money to get my playset of M13 going.

60 cards

12  Forest
8  Plains
2  Razorverge Thicket
22 lands

1  Acidic Slime
2  Arbor Elf
3  Attended Knight
4  Avacyn's Pilgrim
1  Blade Splicer
3  Borderland Ranger
1  Brutalizer Exarch
2  Elvish Visionary
1  Fiend Hunter
1  Geist-Honored Monk
1  Glimmerpoint Stag
4  Llanowar Elves
1  Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
4  Roaring Primadox
1  Stingerfling Spider
1  Stonehorn Dignitary
1  Sunblast Angel
1  Thragtusk
33 creatures
1  Green Sun's Zenith
4  Lead the Stampede
5 other spells

Sideboard

3  Cloudshift
2  Dismember
3  Kemba's Skyguard
4  Oblivion Ring
3  War Priest of Thune
15 sideboard cards
To get repeat performances you should have 4 ofs. 1 ofs is like playing roulette

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

To get repeat performances you should have 4 ofs. 1 ofs is like playing roulette

He he, repeat performances for the repeat performance deck... he he.

No seriously I think he knows that, he just wants to know what direction to take event deck without making it worse. It's a little hard to do that though since some of the best cards in the deck will be rotating out soon. GSZ, Razorverge Thicket, Blade Splicer, Llanowar Elves, ect..

My question to the OP is, do you want this for standard constructed play (ie take it to FNM and such) or no?

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

He he, repeat performances for the repeat performance deck... he he.

No seriously I think he knows that, he just wants to know what direction to take event deck without making it worse. It's a little hard to do that though since some of the best cards in the deck will be rotating out soon. GSZ, Razorverge Thicket, Blade Splicer, Llanowar Elves, ect..

My question to the OP is, do you want this for standard constructed play (ie take it to FNM and such) or no?

Yes I would like to make it my first FNM deck for standard. I know I should get 4ofs but I was wondering what you would switch for what ?

Oh, hah. I was unaware the actual event deck was called Repeat performance. How ironic how little it can repeat it's performances.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Correct :D
I bought the same deck, and kind of have the same question.
Btw, I started by cutting the Brutalizer Exarch.

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

I changed mine up a bit to this, although it does use some cards from other sets.

You could look in to some birds, I hear there is strong suspicion that they are being reprinted in Ravnica. Besides that, Acidic Slimes I find good for disrupting the mana base of an opponent. Thragtusk is a great card and I'm thinking about adding in more. Unfortunately your choices are a bit limited if you are just using M13, but since you say you want to play standard, maybe look in to the Avacyn block too?

I'd definitely suggest 4x Sunpetal Grove, probably main board Prey Upon and Oblivion Ring as well. I threw the cloud shifts in to my main to flicker titans, or slimes, or anything with a good entry ability
I just brought the deck to add into my Pod deck. For short term help, Birthing Pod, Mimic Vat, more Splicers, more Thragtusk, Phyrexian Metamorph, 2 more Ravorverge, 4 Sunpetal, 

Long Term; Restoration Angel and Cloudshift. Thragtusk, Acidic Slime, Attended Knight (Post Rotation Only), Elvish Visionary,  Fiend Hiunter, Silklash Spider (Delver Hate). There isn't a whole lot that I like for this sort Post Rotation. 
Sign In to post comments