Another lifelink question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Say I am at 1 life and I have a Cunning Sparkmage out with a Basilisk Collar equiped. I ping myself for 1. Do I die or stay at 1?
Say I am at 1 life and I have a Cunning Sparkmage out with a Basilisk Collar equiped. I ping myself for 1. Do I die or stay at 1?

You stay at 1.
So if I gave a Volcano Hellion lifelink in response to his triggered ability and say, dealt 10 damage to myself and a creature I would have a net gain of 10 life?
So if I gave a Volcano Hellion lifelink in response to his triggered ability and say, dealt 10 damage to myself and a creature I would have a net gain of 10 life?

Yes. Volcano hellion would deal whatever amount you choose to the create and to you.  If you chose 10, it would deal 10 to you and 10 to the creature, and you would gain 20 life. 

This works because lifelink is not a triggered ability.  It does not use the stack and happens at the same time as the damage. I believe it is called a static ability.
:]
:]

I love volcano hellion with a fortune thief and then I choose 10,000.
Do I die or stay at 1?

note: for purposes of triggers and effects that care, you did both lose and gain life

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out