[deck] 3 Oblivion Ring
4 Favorable Winds[/deck]

Instant: 10
[deck] 2 Feeling of Dread
2 Cackling Counterpart
2 Mana Leak
4 Midnight Haunting [/deck]

Edit
Massive changes since last post. Current testing the deck can have some problems getting going before turn 3. Feelings of dread can stall for awhile with it's flashback and I personally like tapping effects. Replaced the swamps with Drowned catacombs.

I really just need possible help in consistency and maybe getting going/protecting myself until turn 3 if for some reason I don't draw a doomed traveller or niblis in my opening hand or subsequent next two draws. Maybe remove something for some more two drops like mindshrieker? The overall goal of the deck is to swarm spirits out, pump them with favorable winds and drogskol captain, give them hexproof and go overhead with all the flying. Things like niblis, feelings of dread and dungeon geists can temporarily lock down anything with reach or flying for a short time.

Geist of Saint Traft is still out of the question for now. I just can't afford it.
I thinnk Its a pretty good starting point. I don't really think you need 4 Dungeon Geists, probably only 2 is needed. I like Monk as a 2-of, not sure how I feel about Spectral Rider, like I personally like him, but haven't seen his overall effectiveness in playing with him, so I took him out. I think you could benefit from some Clone effects from either: Clone, Phantasmal Image, or Phyrexian Metamorph on the Captain as an awesome way to pump more. You probably also want some Cantrips, since they are awesome, and you may as well run Ponder since its easy to get an really effective.

My personal take on Spirits is Delver-Spirits that runs something like this:

4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Ponder
4 Vapor Snag
4 Delver of Secrets
3 Phantasmal Image
4 Mana Leak
3 Midnight Haunting
4 Lingering Souls
4 Drogskol Captain
2 Dungeon Geists
1 Gideon Jura
1 Moorland Haunt
1 Swamp
2 Evolving Wilds
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Plains
7 Island
Have you given any thought to favorable winds?? buff for pretty much your whole team.
You should proxy up 2 Geist of Saint Traft to replace a couple Dungeon Geists and see how you like him.  I know he's not exactly cheap, but he is really too good to pass up since this deck is pretty much made for him.    
I thinnk Its a pretty good starting point. I don't really think you need 4 Dungeon Geists, probably only 2 is needed. I like Monk as a 2-of, not sure how I feel about Spectral Rider, like I personally like him, but haven't seen his overall effectiveness in playing with him, so I took him out. I think you could benefit from some Clone effects from either: Clone, Phantasmal Image, or Phyrexian Metamorph on the Captain as an awesome way to pump more. You probably also want some Cantrips, since they are awesome, and you may as well run Ponder since its easy to get an really effective.

My personal take on Spirits is Delver-Spirits that runs something like this:

4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Ponder
4 Vapor Snag
4 Delver of Secrets
3 Phantasmal Image
4 Mana Leak
3 Midnight Haunting
4 Lingering Souls
4 Drogskol Captain
2 Dungeon Geists
1 Gideon Jura
1 Moorland Haunt
1 Swamp
2 Evolving Wilds
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Plains
7 Island

I could go for ponder but wouldn't really know what to remove for it. I've also considered delver but not sure if he'd be a good fit for this deck. I wouldn't want to need to majorly change the deck to accompany him. I wouldn't bother with Phyrexian Metamorph or Phantasmal image since they're mildly pricey and about to rotate out, but I could fancy Clone or Cackling Counterpart instead.

Have you given any thought to favorable winds?? buff for pretty much your whole team.

Hadn't thought of it. Will remove the virtues for it. I think they have better use here than the virtues.

You should proxy up 2 Geist of Saint Traft to replace a couple Dungeon Geists and see how you like him.  I know he's not exactly cheap, but he is really too good to pass up since this deck is pretty much made for him.    

I'd love to include Traft. I know he's great for the deck. Unfortunately he's very pricey. If I can trade for him I will. He's on my list of what I want to put in to improve the deck but don't have just yet.

Also I'd like opinion on my mana base. Is it too much? I noticed on test draws on cockatrice I'm ending up with way too much mana in starting hands. I'm considering dropping a couple.

I'm also considering Niblus of the Urn of Mindshrieker over Rider

I think your mana base is alright. You could probably take out a swamp, and maybe put in either Drowned Catacomb or Isolated Chapel for the FB for Souls. 25 lands seems like a bit much though since the curve isn't too high. I would say try 24 if you have been experiencing too much mana in your hand. possibly down to 23 if the problem persists. I also think that either Mindshrieker or Niblus are good options over Rider since they have a pretty good way to evade, plus pump in mindshrieker's case.
I think your mana base is alright. You could probably take out a swamp, and maybe put in either Drowned Catacomb or Isolated Chapel for the FB for Souls. 25 lands seems like a bit much though since the curve isn't too high. I would say try 24 if you have been experiencing too much mana in your hand. possibly down to 23 if the problem persists. I also think that either Mindshrieker or Niblus are good options over Rider since they have a pretty good way to evade, plus pump in mindshrieker's case.

I'll try to get my hand on a catacomb or two if I can.

I'm not tentirely sold on mindshreiker yet. I like it over the rider but I'll try testing Niblus as well. Mindshriekers cost to activate it's ability feels like a slight burden at times to me when testing but at others he can be very beastly in his own right.
Yea, I agree. each card has its pros. Nibilus can tap down a creature, allowing for more damage to get through, and shrieker can get huge with a lucky pump, so its really just kind of preference I guess? Idk, either is probably good.
Bump. I'm fancing the idea of Delvers to replace the riders. Thoughts? Or should I stick to a 2 drop spirit?

Also tested the clones. Not really too big on them to be honest.
If you're going to take out the Riders for Delvers, what do you think about Cackling Counterpart to replace the Clones?  Clones are in there to copy your own creatures, so the drawback isn't that big of a deal, plus it's an instant so it'll flip your Delver. Also, what about Latch Seeker if you're looking for another creature?  Hexproof and unblockable could be a pretty sick combination.
If you're going to take out the Riders for Delvers, what do you think about Cackling Counterpart to replace the Clones?  Clones are in there to copy your own creatures, so the drawback isn't that big of a deal, plus it's an instant so it'll flip your Delver. Also, what about Latch Seeker if you're looking for another creature?  Hexproof and unblockable could be a pretty sick combination.

Yeah counterpart might be a better idea than clone.

As for latch seeker....I'd definetly consider it but wouldn't know what to replace. All the 3 slots in the deck are pretty required.
Bump. I'm fancing the idea of Delvers to replace the riders. Thoughts? Or should I stick to a 2 drop spirit?

Also tested the clones. Not really too big on them to be honest.

I wouldn't do it. 12 instants/sorceries with no Ponders is not enough support for Delver. I wouldn't run Delver without at least 20+ instants/sorceries. And I would never play Delver without Ponder (as long as Ponder is legal).  Delver is a build-around-me-card. Cackling Counterpart might be viable, but Clone is terrible. 
Bumping for new advice. Deck has undergone large changes and I could use most suggestions/pointers to help.
Bumping for new advice. Deck has undergone large changes and I could use most suggestions/pointers to help.

Phantasmal Image is still a great card for this deck. You could get them cheap off players looking to unload before October. Can't think of anything else until RtR. Have you done any testing with Cackling Counterpart?

Phantasmal Image is still a great card for this deck. You could get them cheap off players looking to unload before October. Can't think of anything else until RtR. Have you done any testing with Cackling Counterpart?

Yeah. It doesn't come into play too often, really.

Issues still has to do mainly with early game and getting the deck going.

Edit: Might remove the feelings of dread and geist honored monks for 4 mind shriekers and remove one plains to add in an island? Not sure. I like the monks, they add to the spirit swarm and they're generally beefy as the deck often has lots of spirit tokens. Dread is nice for stalling and I can flashback it but my main primary worry is the amount of hands I start with with nothing but 3+ cost cards.
Bump?
A friend of mine is playing a token spirit deck rather than a creature version.

It's actually very powerful in a non day meta.  Even with the new sweeper I think it might have some power post-rotation.

It's basically set up around the following shell:

4 Lingering Souls
4 Midnight Haunting
4 Drogskul Reaver

4 Intangible virtue
4 Favorable winds

This shell gives you a scenario like this:  Turn 2 anthem, Turn 3 lingering, turn 4 drop an anthem and swing for 6 with lethal coming in soon after when you flash back lingering with another anthem. (obviously that's a pretty ideal scenario, but with 12 fliers/spirits and 8+4+1-2 anthems this comes surprisingly often)

Add the 4 Doomed Travelers and the duals and you're set. The deck then can pretty much run whatever you want in the middle. You could put a very simple Delver package in there if you wanted, midnight and lingering both flip delver so you could run a delver/ponder/vapor snag type thing to fill the rest of it out. The curve is pretty low so you can go to 21 lands (though in that I would put a 1 evolving wild and a swamp just in case). Honor of the pure could even continue to just up the anthem count and it's dirt cheap for an extra 1 or 2 of now that it's rotating.

And obviously mana leaks since you're in blue before rotation.

With all that in mind this is what I would run:

Budget Esper Spirits

4 Souls
4 Haunting
4 Captains
4 Doomed Travelers
1 Giest-Honored

4 Intangible
4 Favorable
2 Honor of the Pure

4 Ponder
4 Mana Leak
2 Revoke Existance  (kills the troublesome artifacts, enemy o-rings and things like curse of deaths hold)

23 Lands

Oddly enough the only expensive cards here are the lands (souls at $2.5 is the most expensive nonland card in the deck). And even then they really aren't too bad. As long as your running 4 Seachrome and 4 Glacial, you can find the black in random other ways. I would probably play 5 or 6 black sources. If you can mix them with another color then awesome.

My friend has taken down a couple FNM's over the last few weeks with pretty much that. It can be much faster than delver, but with the anthem you often trade out delvers for spirits which you don't mind cause they keep growing and growing.  You're only worried about sweepers, ratchet bombs and the odd equipment. All of which can be taken care of with various cards.  Ratchet Bombs really screw you though. But who's playing more than 2 out of a SB anyways these days?

edit: Quick edit here, the nice thing about this is that the shell basically doesn't rotate. With some populate cards coming in, and Bant Selesnya looking like it might be a playable deck then these cards could see some play post rotation. Azorious Charms or the Judge Familliar could be budget playable cards.

According to everyone on these forums. You should only play the best decks in whatever format you want. You are a bad player and should just quit if you intend on using anything else.
A friend of mine is playing a token spirit deck rather than a creature version.

It's actually very powerful in a non day meta.  Even with the new sweeper I think it might have some power post-rotation.

It's basically set up around the following shell:

4 Lingering Souls
4 Midnight Haunting
4 Drogskul Reaver

4 Intangible virtue
4 Favorable winds

This shell gives you a scenario like this:  Turn 2 anthem, Turn 3 lingering, turn 4 drop an anthem and swing for 6 with lethal coming in soon after when you flash back lingering with another anthem. (obviously that's a pretty ideal scenario, but with 12 fliers/spirits and 8+4+1-2 anthems this comes surprisingly often)

Add the 4 Doomed Travelers and the duals and you're set. The deck then can pretty much run whatever you want in the middle. You could put a very simple Delver package in there if you wanted, midnight and lingering both flip delver so you could run a delver/ponder/vapor snag type thing to fill the rest of it out. The curve is pretty low so you can go to 21 lands (though in that I would put a 1 evolving wild and a swamp just in case). Honor of the pure could even continue to just up the anthem count and it's dirt cheap for an extra 1 or 2 of now that it's rotating.

And obviously mana leaks since you're in blue before rotation.

With all that in mind this is what I would run:

Budget Esper Spirits

4 Souls
4 Haunting
4 Captains
4 Doomed Travelers
1 Giest-Honored

4 Intangible
4 Favorable
2 Honor of the Pure

4 Ponder
4 Mana Leak
2 Revoke Existance  (kills the troublesome artifacts, enemy o-rings and things like curse of deaths hold)

23 Lands

Oddly enough the only expensive cards here are the lands (souls at $2.5 is the most expensive nonland card in the deck). And even then they really aren't too bad. As long as your running 4 Seachrome and 4 Glacial, you can find the black in random other ways. I would probably play 5 or 6 black sources. If you can mix them with another color then awesome.

My friend has taken down a couple FNM's over the last few weeks with pretty much that. It can be much faster than delver, but with the anthem you often trade out delvers for spirits which you don't mind cause they keep growing and growing.  You're only worried about sweepers, ratchet bombs and the odd equipment. All of which can be taken care of with various cards.  Ratchet Bombs really screw you though. But who's playing more than 2 out of a SB anyways these days?

edit: Quick edit here, the nice thing about this is that the shell basically doesn't rotate. With some populate cards coming in, and Bant Selesnya looking like it might be a playable deck then these cards could see some play post rotation. Azorious Charms or the Judge Familliar could be budget playable cards.

I like the looks of this a lot. Especially since I have most of it.

I'll test this out online and see how it goes. Thanks. Are there any U/W cards in rotation to protect against token hate/board sweepers?

Negate is good for that.

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20795.jpg)

Negate is good for that.

Possibly safe passage as well for cards that specifically do damage instead of just straight board wiping (so against red).

Anyways, I'd probably remove the revoke existences and put them in a sideboard. I'd MUCH rather run oblivion rings main board over the revokes but that's just me.