Are there any good high-level published adventures?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was hoping to DM a game for characters at high level (16 and up) and would like to find a good published adventure that could be used as a stand alone. I know War of the Burning Sky is good, but I was hoping to run that as a full campaign at a later date. What I'm looking for is a one-shot.
When you say "16 and up" what do you mean? I have 45 adventures from various sources (Dungeon magazine, Dungeon Delve, commerically available, and third-party) for levels 16 and higher

The question becomes important because Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl  is a wonderful adventure for 16th level and can be used as a stand-alone. But it would not be sufficient challenge for a party of six 16th level characters, nor of five 17th or 18th level characters, without some extra work.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
When you say "16 and up" what do you mean? I have 45 adventures from various sources (Dungeon magazine, Dungeon Delve, commerically available, and third-party) for levels 16 and higher

The question becomes important because Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl  is a wonderful adventure for 16th level and can be used as a stand-alone. But it would not be sufficient challenge for a party of six 16th level characters, nor of five 17th or 18th level characters, without some extra work.

I want to DM a one shot, so I can adjust the level to whatever is required by the adventure. It will probably be for 5 players.

Any recommendations?

Ahh... gotcha.  Here are my favorites at 16+ in the Paragon Tier:
16: Devilmire Mountain (3rd party - free)
16: Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl (WotC website - free)
17: Devil's Due (WotC website - free)
17: Hunting Deathcloud (third-party - paid pdf)
18: Hall of the Fire Giant King (WotC website - free)
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Ahh... gotcha.  Here are my favorites at 16+ in the Paragon Tier:
16: Devilmire Mountain (3rd party - free)
16: Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl (WotC website - free)
17: Devil's Due (WotC website - free)
17: Hunting Deathcloud (third-party - paid pdf)
18: Hall of the Fire Giant King (WotC website - free)

Thanks. Anything in Epic Tier?
You should go check out LivingForgottenRealms.com. The volunteers there have published some excellent adventures for the Paragon tier, as well as adventures for levels 21-24 of epic (with more on the way.)
Are there any specific adventures which are popular?
Sorry can yougive links for the wotc adventures.  Thanks
Mike Shea (of SlyFlourish.com) has a lot of good epic advice/encounter building.  He's written some stuff for Wizards too.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
Sign In to post comments