Oni Night Haunter / Hypnotic Breath power

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here's the said power for reference:

Hypnotic Breath (standard; recharges when first bloodied) ✦    Charm, Sleep
   Close blast 5; +11 vs. Will; the target is dazed (save ends).
   First Failed Save: The target falls unconscious (no save).

I wonder how it works for the uncounscious target. When do he stop being uncounscious?
Until the target saves.

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character     Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!

Here, Have Some Free Material From Me: Encounters With Alternate Goals  |  Dark Sun Full-Contact Futbol   |   Pre-Generated D&D 5e PCs

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

Until the target saves.

Then why there is the "(no save)" mention ?
The oni night haunter I'm looking at in the compendium says "save ends."

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character     Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!

Here, Have Some Free Material From Me: Encounters With Alternate Goals  |  Dark Sun Full-Contact Futbol   |   Pre-Generated D&D 5e PCs

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

Oh. I missed the errata then... Sorry and thanks for your help.
The "Bound Oni Night Haunter" still has the 'no save' version.

I'm parsing the intent of the power being "First Failed Save: The target falls asleep (no save). "
because of the line "This attack does not wake the unconscious target. " on Devour Soul. 

Taking damage doesn't break unconciousness, but does break being asleep.  This means that someone put to sleep with this power can be woken with a standard action from an adjacent ally, damage (but not from Devour Soul) or loud noises (perception check from the target).