Looking For Input B/W Exaulted

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

Threw together a budget deck today, hoping that it's viable, competitve and can easily be used when the scars block is phased out in October. I decided not to go with Sublime Archangel because it's expensive and has been impossible for me to find thus far.

I'd love input before (as well as after) FNM! 

Needs Sublime Archangel to be competitive. And I think war falcon should be in place of tormented soul

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

1) New player, don't be an ass
2) Built this deck from scratch, my appoligies for it not being up to your standards, looking for constructive advice, hence thread title and description.
3) Looking forward to being on the forums if this is the type of troll I can expect

Thanks for taking the time to offer your help 
To put it gently, don't build a deck around Exaled. It can be an okay subtheme in an already good Beatdown deck, but it really isn't capable of defining the deck itself.
See also, the ReConstructed article on W/B Exalted: www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...
Hope this helps, and better luck next time.
Also, don't do the face smash thing.

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

2) Built this deck from scratch, my appoligies for it not being up to your standards, looking for constructive advice, hence thread title and description.
3) Looking forward to being on the forums if this is the type of troll I can expect

(content removed)

Baiting is against the Code of Conduct. 

Yeah, he does that. In all fairness there is an abundance of BW exalted you could have looked at for structure first. I would suggest doing that, you will get a hang of the deck better this way

I've looked around, and based upon what I've found and currently have available to me this is what I've complied, I understand there have been other posts but, considering this is 'standard deck help' this particular thread (like the majority of others here) is specifically about my deck (imagine that).

I was hoping for helpful advice that might give me additional ideas on the structure of my deck as what I enjoy about magic isn't copying someone else's deck and winning but discovering cards, formulating an idea and asking for help, although I have read a bit on the forums in the past I've had the tab to post this particular thread open in my browser for a few days now, my bad I suppose for not constantly checking up on what everyone else is doing.

I avoided war falcon because I won't always have a knight out and I like the soul's ability attack early without being blocked.

Thanks for the advice PepperJack, I'm just glad I already had access to just about everthing I needed.
I've looked around, and based upon what I've found and currently have available to me this is what I've complied, I understand there have been other posts but, considering this is 'standard deck help' this particular thread (like the majority of others here) is specifically about my deck (imagine that).

I was hoping for helpful advice that might give me additional ideas on the structure of my deck as what I enjoy about magic isn't copying someone else's deck and winning but discovering cards, formulating an idea and asking for help, although I have read a bit on the forums in the past I've had the tab to post this particular thread open in my browser for a few days now, my bad I suppose for not constantly checking up on what everyone else is doing.

I avoided war falcon because I won't always have a knight out and I like the soul's ability attack early without being blocked.

Thanks for the advice PepperJack, I'm just glad I already had access to just about everthing I needed.

You have 3 2-drops and a 3 drop that can proc War Falcon. It's very likely that you will be able to use him

No problem, I know where you're coming from. The Internet can be mean sometimes.
Anyway, I like Tormented Soul, but, honestly, War Falcon is better in your list. I mean, all of your two-drops are either Knights or Soldiers. All of them have Exalted. So, really, if you open with your Falcon, and hit your two-drop, it's as if you fliped a Delver!
I'd also cut Duty-Bound Dead and Angels Benedict. They fit the theme, but other than Exalted, they really do nothing for you. there are better options available. Try to go for more agressive creatures that would also go well with Exalted. You could also do worse than The Evil Likkle Kitty and Sign in Blood. There's a land that gives you a fun little plan B as well. It also combos with Lingering Souls, which you should also add. Or, you could drop in Doomed Traveler to keep that Falcon flying.
There are definitely options to be had!  

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Awesome, that was exactly the kind of help I was looking for, I love the regenerator (although it's way expensive) but would definentally sac it for more aggression.

I love the token additions too, way to push me into the falcon.

Thanks guys 

I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.