Is there any rag as cool as Inquest used to be?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Or are all the kids using this new-fangled internet-thingy?

I'm not sure a company even makes a magazine that regularly features magic.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Damn, that sucks. I loved getting the MTG specific inserts. Something not quite as cool about internet articles. But I understand.
InQuest was hardly cool. It had mediocre stratagy, misogyny, and a terrible price guide.
I didn't know they made paper any more.
My buddy used to get one of them. The only real cool thing he used to get out of it was when they would put promo cards from a few different tcgs as an insert. I have a cool Vegeta one from the DBZ tcg. Never played it, but it looks cool in my binder.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
InQuest was hardly cool. It had mediocre stratagy, misogyny, and a terrible price guide.

I remember it being pretty funny, but I was ... 15 or 16 at the time.

Inquest did indeed kick ass up til the advent of YUGIOH. Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate any trace of the minds behind the magazine in its glory days OTI.

I remember it being pretty funny, but I was ... 15 or 16 at the time.

I remember them giving Necropotence one star. When Urza's Destiny came out, I can assume their review of Necro II: Electric Bugaloo was a retraction.

The other thing I remember is troll humor. But this was no Oprah 9000. This was the weaksauce troll humor where you think the act of offending someone is inherently edgy.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sometimes I really love the things you post Bay. May I point out though, that Electric Boogaloo was almost universally acknowledged as the superior product of that franchise, whereas both of the cards you posted are seriously broken. Broken. Breakin'. I feel like I should be able to make a joke out of that. Too tired. Long day.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I didn't know magazines were printed on paper anymore.....
Decks I play
Show
Legacy TezzFinityLegacy BurnModern Infect(need to break it) T2-dead
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
Yes, but DOES HE PEE COLOURLESS MANA?
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]
Pretty much the internet killed any reason for a tcg based magazine. The magazines could not even stay up to date the game moves so fast.
I didn't know magazines were printed on paper anymore.....

NU, MY JOKE.
I always enjoyed InQuest, especially after they expanded from being a strictly Magic magazine.  And while the humor was not brilliant, I think they mostly did it that way to appeal to the target audience, which was teenage boys.  And yes, they rated Necropotence poorly, but I don't remember anyone immediately seeing the potential of it, til someone broke it.  This happens with cards from time to time. 
Necropotence was initially released into an environment ridiculously hostile to its existence. Mostly because Black Vise was legal and everywhere. And if there's any card that kills Necropotence, it's Vise.
Cosmo. All of their advice is actually coded Magic the Gathering strategy.
Cosmo. All of their advice is actually coded Magic the Gathering strategy.

Cosmo is to, um, marital relations, what certain forumites are to card design.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt