Hengeyokai Druid Transformation

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, I'm very confused as to how the druids beast form works with the Hengeyokai's three different forms. Is the beast form like a 4th form that can be used from any of the 3 racial ones? If someone could explain how this interaction works id be really glad. thanks
Beast form has nothing to do with Hengeyokai.
If you are playing a druid, choose a "beastly form" that you view yourself in when you change.
Common forms are:
Bear for protector druid 
Large wild cat for stalker druid
Swarm of insects for swarm druid

However, if you want to look like a giant spider or a black ram, or a shark, so be it.

Also, with the druid power, you aren't restricted to one form; you can be anything within the power's parameters.  So you could be a bear, then a tiger, then a lion, then a (rather large) raccoon, then a fish, then a bird (though the latter two wouldn't have additional movement modes).
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I imagine the shark form could work like Street Sharks....or just hovering sharks....idk
The fluff involves channeling the power of the archatypeal primal beast.
You could be a vague shadowy thing, claws and hooves, fangs and beak, fur and feathers and scales.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
  The OP might be wondering about the mechanical interaction between the two.

Wild Shape and Nature's Mask are both Polymorph powers and thus can't be used together. (The last one used overwrites the other.) The practical impact of this is that you can't use anything requiring Wild Shape (such as powers with the Beast Form keyword) when under the effect of Nature's Mask, and you don't get any of the benefits of Nature's Mask (such as the movement mode) when using Wild Shape.

The rest of your racial abilities still function in Wild Shape, however. (Your 'natural' form is the hybrid one and the racial ability writeup reflects that.)
so if i am in animal form as hengeyokai, it isn't classed as beast form and therefore cant get any benifits from feats (such as cheeta's speed) that say when in beast form?
also if a druid utility polymorph power (such as scitterind sneak or form of the hunting falcon) says it lasts until the end of the encounter or until i end it, does that mean i can keep it going for more than 5 minutes if i use it outside of combat (such as for travelling) or is it still limited?
so if i am in animal form as hengeyokai, it isn't classed as beast form and therefore cant get any benifits from feats (such as cheeta's speed) that say when in beast form?

Correct.  They do, however, work with the polymorph powers from the three werebeast themes, all of which count as beast form.

also if a druid utility polymorph power (such as scitterind sneak or form of the hunting falcon) says it lasts until the end of the encounter or until i end it, does that mean i can keep it going for more than 5 minutes if i use it outside of combat (such as for travelling) or is it still limited?

This one sort of depends on your DM.  I think the official rule is that it lasts 5 minutes, but certain powers that have that line (of which, currently, I can remember exactly zero) seem like they should work for more than 5 minutes in non-combat scenarios, as in the situation you described.