Aura Thief

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aura Thief (you don't get to move local enchantments.) Ummm, what are local enchantments?  What does this thing get to steal?
Click the link you just made and read the oracle text. It "steals" any enchantment, but if you steal an Aura (formerly called a "local enchantment"), you don't get to change what it's attached to.
Rules Nut Advisor
Local enchantment is an old term for auras (like Pacifism or Confiscate). With the Thief, you'll gain control of auras (as well as other enchantments), but you won't get to attach them to a permanent (so if your opponent plays a Pacifism on your creature, when the Thief dies, you'll gain control of Pacifism, but you don't get to move it to a new creature).

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

So if one of my opponents creatures has regenerate aura on it, I'll control that enchantment but it will still be on his creature?
So if one of my opponents creatures has regenerate aura on it, I'll control that enchantment but it will still be on his creature?

Correct

yes
So if your opponent wants to regenerate her creature, she can't!
Like they said;

It gets more fun with the typical Enchanted Evening trick, just be mindful that you'll steal the lands as they're enchantments, and be able to tap them for mana.    And everthing else....
If those stolen lands have a Utopia Sprawl attached to them, you can't unattach it, but you can use the sprawl, for whatever colour that was chosen by it's owner, when it first entered the field.
Sign In to post comments