[RTR-ICD] Deadbridge Goliath

281 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deadbridge Goliath
Creature - Insect (R)

Scavenge (, Exile this card from your graveyard: Put a number of +1/+1 counters equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery.)

5/5
this is no Dredge ;)
but I like it, works well with the selfmill cards from ISD
proud member of the 2011 community team
Not a fan of Scavenge. To expensive imho. Modular was better for me.
At least you can hardcast him for cheap.

Oh wait it doubles the power of the creature? Than it's not so bad. Maybe a bit winmore.
I readed it wrong initially.
Something tells me that the hard cost and scavenge costs are mixed up, it would make more sense that way. 
Hopefully the promos will wind up being a cycle of relitively-equally powerful fatties like this so people won't all flock to one or two guilds.
Either that or the promos for the non-Izzet guilds will be better, so at least I'll be able to play my Izzets in peace >: )
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
Something tells me that the hard cost and scavenge costs are mixed up, it would make more sense that way. 

Yeah, just noticed a 5/5 for 4 that has only upside.  Even being green and rare still seems off.

I also like how it puts the counter on anything.  Plays well to stop unduying creatures your opponent controls.  Also plays well with Intrepid Hero.  Though probably want rancor for the hero.

Guess I'm not going Golgari at the prerelease because this card and mechanic is awful.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I hope they make a Scavenge card with non-mana activation costs.
Like Dread Return was for Flashback. That would rock.
This is the definition of "power creep".
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Feels like it should be
Image:
Interesting. A 5/5 for 4, that you can put an additional +5/+5 on any creature for 6 after he dies? I like actually. Jarad will love to fling the guy who gets the counters (but then again its 9 mana for 5 min life drain...). Also- Slumbering dragon will turned on instantly by this guy. So this guy works in dredge to increase power of things brought back by dredge, and works in gruul as a power boost to tramplers/ big scary guy (with rancor). It does play well with dredge (their main objective with these new card mechanics), and can be used in the green guilds quite well as a beater or as a creature based increasing savagery. My preliminary Splinterfright/Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord/gravecrawler deck approves.
Interesting. A 5/5 for 4, that you can put an additional +5/+5 on any creature for 6 after he dies?

Nah it just adds +5/+5 if your creature is 5/5 already the way I read it now:
Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is this creature's power.

A 1/1 will be 2/2, a 3/3 will be 6/6 and so on.
That's why I called it winmore. You need a big creature to make it worth it.
Interesting. A 5/5 for 4, that you can put an additional +5/+5 on any creature for 6 after he dies?

Nah it just adds +5/+5 if your creature is 5/5 already the way I read it now:
Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is this creature's power.

A 1/1 will be 2/2, a 3/3 will be 6/6 and so on.
That's why I called it winmore. You need a big creature to make it worth it.

Wouldn't it be worded as "that creatures" instead of "this creatures"?  Guess it depends if they want to limit this mechanic to only on creature cards.
As worded... well, it actually wouldn't do anything. It should probably say "this card's power", but we'll see what it says when we get the final wording. That said, if it does say "this {whatever's} power", it will always add 5 +1/+1 counters.
Rules Nut Advisor
Scavenge (: Exile This card from your graveyard. Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is This creature's power. Scavenge only as a sorcery.)

I'm reading the above as exiling it and putting its power on another creature, equaling 5 +1/+1 counters (it uses this twice, in exiling it and in putting x counters). As Pantera mentions, it would be worded THAT creature if it doubled power instead. We'll have to see, but i suppose it would be a creature-only mechanic.

EDIT- it should be this card's power to reduce confusion

Not to mention that if Scavange were a non-variable based on the card, the mechanic would be **** and boring and each instance on associated cards would have to cost .

Common. ****ing. Sense.

Deadbridge Goliath puts five +1/+1 counters on the target. What is intestesting about the wording though is why it says "this creature's power" instead of "five" or something similar.

lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Can someone blow up the image of the card? Right now it looks like it could either be a 2GG or (hopefully) a 3GG, but I can't really see. Not sure how to enlarge, sorry internet noob question.
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
Powerful mechanic to be sure. Reminds me of a reverse take on graft. Uncounterable, permanent pump to creatures certainly sounds scary on paper. And I assume not all Scavenge costs will be the same, otherwise it would just be horribly designed.

Also important to note, this means we'll see +1/+1 counters exclusively in RTR, since they won't mix them with -1/-1 counters in the same set. Just another piece of the RTR puzzle.
it also means a Standard without -1/-1 counters
Ooh... Creature flashback... Sorta...

Me like...  
Doesn't it look gold in that photo? Wouldn't that make it g/b? Maybe my phone has bad resolution, but it seems gold.
Doesn't it look gold in that photo? Wouldn't that make it g/b? Maybe my phone has bad resolution, but it seems gold.

Me like...  

Pretty sure that's Unearth. But yeah, it's a fun-looking mechanic.
Rules Nut Advisor

It's definitely mono-green. The odd color is because it's "foiled", which means weird rainbow tints.
Rules Nut Advisor
Is that suppose to be an FNM promo?  I was trying to look up FNM promos and they seem to come out after the next set or maybe even next block/core has been released?  So I doubt it would be the FNM promo on the release of the new set.

Just confusing that FNM and things about FNM are all around the card if its some other promo or just a preview card.
it's the Golgari Prerelease Promo

Me like...  

Pretty sure that's Unearth. But yeah, it's a fun-looking mechanic.

Both fit the description in a way. Unearth is usually cheaper than the casting cost and only allows for one attack. This combines the dead creature with a living one for a higher cost but is permanent. Neither is really a full flashback effect and I guess that unearth is a lot closer.

On another note, I really want to use this on a lifelink creature, or a double striker, or an infect creature, or... Anything is awesome with this really. 

And I imagine that the reason they didn't make this a variable ability is because they are going to print a card that give scavenge to creatures in your graveyard.

Just found it odd that all the wording around it seemed to talk about FNM and not about pre-release.  Though could not see the entire screen or the complete sentences.
that is odd, but it doesn't have the FNM watermark so I don't think it is for FNM
they probably didn't have any RTR promo card in the FNM calendar they planned so far
Also- Slumbering dragon will (get) turned on instantly by this guy.

Perhaps I am immature - but, this is a game for kids.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
It might be my eyes being terrible, but I used my browser's zoom feature on the photo in HairlessToctor's post and it looks to me like the card is and with power and toughness 4/6.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

Seems pretty cool to me.
It might be my eyes being terrible, but I used my browser's zoom feature on the photo in HairlessToctor's post and it looks to me like the card is and with power and toughness 4/6.

The person at GenCon confirmed that it's a 4-mana 5/5. The image is just blurry.
I looked and saw a 5/6 that was not a Zombie.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

The person at GenCon confirmed that it's a 4-mana 5/5. The image is just blurry.

OK, I admit being wrong then. Still, I think this card is neat.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

I looked and saw a 5/6 that was not a Zombie.

It's not a Zombie. It's an Insect. I've updated the info since we got confirmation on the creature type.
It's costed aggressively, but it's still no Thragtusk. I'll problably end up going for whatever the black one is.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
I will either pick Selenysia or Azorius.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

If we use this as a guide for the other promos:

Selesnya = White
Azorius = Blue
Rakdos = Black
Izzet = Red
Golgari = Green

That's incredibly disappointing. It's a virtual vanilla 5/5 that has the guild keyword and nothing else... What a dull pre-release card.

I really hope not all of the guild cards are this boring.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
Sign In to post comments