How do you organize your binders?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just started playing collecting and was wondering how you organize your binders? Do you only put one card per slot? or back to back? or like 5 of the same card in one slot?
I don't use binders for my collection, because it's just too big; I use boxes.

But in my trade binder, I put cards back to back and don't double up beyond that; this allows me to know exactly how many of a given card I have without having to pull them out to check and avoids binder damage caused by too many multiples.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

I only use binders for my trades, in which case I make a point of using one that lets you add additional pages - it means you can reorder everything without replacing every single card.  I tend to divide it by colour/multicolour/artifact/casual staple/EDH staple. HAven't found (m)any problems yet.
I use boxes for my uncommon and commons. Then use a binder for rares, single cards in each slot. 
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
I put all of my Storm Crows in the front, and all of the chaff in the back.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
I keep changing my organization, and it will probably change again as my collection is still young and primarily only consists of cards from the last 3 years. I currently have 4 binders, organized thusly:

1 binder for trade fodder. Organized by color and that's it, currently with some mishmash in the back since I don't bother moving cards around if I don't have a slot for a new one I'm putting in; I just insert it in the back. This binder only includes rares and mythic rares; uncommons for trade are in boxes.

1 binder for creatures. This is the largest. Organized by color, and alphabetically within each color, W B R G U Gold/Hybrid Colorless from front to back.

1 binder for non-creature spells. Organized similarly to creatures, by color and alphabetically in the same order, minus Gold/Hybrid and Colorless.

1 binder for lands and Gold/Hybrid and Coloress non-creature spells. This is the smallest binder.

The not-for-trade binders contain all rarities, but consist mostly of mythic/rare/uncommon cards. Commons only make binder status if they're of the highly sought after variety or I find them particularly useful.
My soon to be non t2 rare binder is sorted by color then set age.

My non t2 binder is color sorted and random.
I miss the old days.
Only by color. I'm too lazy for any other form of organizing them.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!