Can you add new cards to the stack as it is resolving?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
My opponent declared his attackers, before declaring blockers I played Midnight Haunting, He flashed in Snapcaster Mage in response, we let snapcaster resolve, and he targeted a Mana Leak in his graveyard to counter my Midnight  Haunting.  We had a judge there say it was legal, but I wanted to double check here.
Yes, the stack doesn't resolve. Objects on the stack resolve one at a time, and players get priority in between.
All Generalizations are Bad
the stack never resolves
each object resolves individually, and after each time each player gets priority to add stuff to the stack
proud member of the 2011 community team
My opponent declared his attackers, before declaring blockers I played Midnight Haunting, He flashed in Snapcaster Mage in response, we let snapcaster resolve, and he targeted a Mana Leak in his graveyard to counter my Midnight  Haunting.  We had a judge there say it was legal, but I wanted to double check here.

Yes, that's fine.  Objects on the stack resolve one-at-a-time, and players get priority to play spells or abilities before the next item on the stack resolves.
Ok makes sense, at the time I thought the stack is built then resolved, not each card individually
think about the stack as a stack of plates
each player can add plates, then one by one the top plate is removed (it resolves)
after each plate is removed each player can potentially add a new plate
proud member of the 2011 community team
The stack always exists, just most of the time it's empty.

It's a zone, like the battlefield or the library or the graveyard.

Spells and abilities go there to resolve. 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

think about the stack as a stack of plates
each player can add plates, then one by one the top plate is removed (it resolves)
after each plate is removed each player can potentially add a new plate

Thats a good anology Now I know that you can add new "plates".  

Sign In to post comments