Second Packet feedback

I spoilered the text below in sections as there is quite a lot of it and didn't want to offend the eyes with Ye Olde Wall O' Text. These are my feelings after doing a first pass through the packet.

Backgrounds
 - 
Show
Great stuff! I like this pretty much as is, though I would allow for skill increases at every level, with the stipulation that no skill can be increased twice consecutively. Obviously, the more backgrounds the merrier. You should also include a short blurb on how to create custom backgrounds (I know, I know, this should be pretty intuitive, but printing one or two sentences with the "Also, if your Dungeon Master allows..." caveat would not be inappropriate).

Classes -
Show
Hit points at first level should go back to Con score plus a roll of the hit die, with subsequent levels going back to hit die plus modifier. This hit point kicker is crucial to survival at low level play, as no one wants their first level character to drop from the first monster that hits, even if they are the rogue or wizard. Greater low level hit points equals less down time which will help prevent the discouragement of new players from early character death.

That being said, I'd include an optional "Hardcore Hit Points" rule which goes back to die plus modifier for first level.

Cleric: 
Show
More domains! They're what differentiate one cleric from another, so let's get at least one pantheon's worth, like: Magic (no armor but can prepare wizard spells from spellbooks), War, Sun, Storm (channel does lighting damage to all targets), Wild (animal powers), and Death (can choose to damage living, heal undead). Six or so should be good for the PHB, with others being released with the various splat books.

If clerics get poor magic attack bonuses, they should get better weapon attack bonuses, at least on par with rogues.

I like the preparation/casting stuff, makes things simpler and better for smooth gameplay.

Fighter: 
Show
Make maneuvers pickable from a list at the appropriate levels, but put weapon type restrictions and level requirements for each maneuver, so that for example I can take Protect and Shift if I want, or Jab only works with finesse weapons. Also more maneuvers, please. :D

Not clear: can multiple expertise dice be spent simultaneously? And for clarity, there should be separate columns for die type and number of dice.

Rogue: 
Show
Skill Mastery seems a little off, in that it makes non-combat stats worthless for a rogue. I'd also make the "Take 10" rule only apply to trained skills.

Rogue schemes are okay, but just like maneuvers above, the scheme powers should be allowed to be cherry picked at the appropriate levels. I'd also expand the bonus background to include any background that has Stealth. MOAR MANOOVERZ PLOX. :p

Wizard: 
Show
Use the same preparation/casting rules as clerics. There are few things more annoying to explain to new players than the idea of memorizing fireball twice. Spells are what define a wizard, so why not let them shine at it?

Overall for classes, good stuff.

Equipment 
Show
Medium armor still seems the bastard stepchild. Maybe to add some variety, medium armor should also grant disadvantage on Stealth, and heavy should to both Stealth and swimming checks.

Some maths:
Show
Let's assume Dex 18 for light armor wearers, 14 for medium, and 10 for heavy. There should be three levels of armor in each category: starting, upgraded, and high level. Also, light should be one point worse than medium, which should be one less than heavy. Under that assumption, and assuming a +2 for leather:

Light:
Leather -> +2 = 16
Studded -> +3 = 17
Mithril -> +4 = 18

Medium:
Brigandine -> +5 = 17
Laminar -> +6 = 18
Dragonscale -> +7 = 19

Heavy:
Chain -> +8 = 18
Plate -> +9 = 19
Runestone -> +10 = 20

On weapons:
Show
Club: Give it a throwing range. This is historically accurate and flavor-appropriate to previous editions.
Spear/Trident: these are identical. Either change the stats on one, or eliminate them both. I'd make trident martial and up it to 1d8 damage, to represent its use in gladiatorial pits. If you add a disarm property to the rules, you could give it to the trident and keep the 1d6 damage.
War Pick: seems a weird fit for basic weapons.
Rapier/Scimitar/Short Sword: There needs to be some differentiation here, or these weapons are redundant. Eliminate scimitar (as being a longsword variant), and maybe add a couple of rapier specific rogue tricks and fighter maneuvers, but do something here.
Flail/Warhammer: identical weapons, also morningstar is just better. Flail should be more than 2lb, and needs something to set it apart from warhammer.
Morningstar: make this two-handed as balance to its dual damage type, maybe up it to 1d10.
Lance: shouldn't be two-handed.
Hand Crossbow: should be martial missle.
Dart: should be finesse (melee), with special: disadvantage in melee.
Light Crossbow: should be simple missle.
Javelin: should be martial (melee), with special: disadvantage in melee.
Throwing Hammer: should be martial (melee).

I'd also consider adding special rules to many of the above weapons, giving a +1 to hit or to AC under certain conditions, like +1 to hit shields for flails, +1 to AC when weilding a rapier and nothing else, +1 to hit armored targets for war pick, etc.

I understand this section is a lot of work for little payoff, but there must be variety of weapons so that rogues and fighters (and any other equipment-oriented class) have enough options to not be boring.

Races 
Show
What kind of action do stout halflings use to end fear? Also, unless there are a lot more sources of fear than are currently in the rules, this ability is a little weak. Maybe just give them fear immunity: elves are already immune to charm, and dwarves to poison, so this is not overly powerful.

Humans are WAY overpowered, so unless we are going back to the humanocentric philosophy of 1E, this needs to be toned down. I'd give them a +1 to two different stats of choice and either an additional trained skill or some sort of leadership/inspire ability.

Specialties - 
Show
This section is pretty worthless, no offense. Just give us feats as feats, and relegate specialties to feat packages for novice players.

Also, Two Weapon Fighting is terrible as written. At worst, only the off-hand attack should do half damage, and I still think that would be pretty weak.

Spells -
Show
More spells should use the casting stat modifier, especially those that don't require a  saving throw (like buffs) or those with a static +N, like Ray of Frost (should be +modifier). Spells which should receive this treatment I noted with a * below.

Specific spells:
Show
Aid: too weak for a third level spell, also *
Bane: make this instead disadvantage on the next attack: no tracking of durations or stacking penalties that way.
Battle Psalm: *
Bless: like bane, make this advantage on the next attack.
Consecrate: *
Crusader's Strike: maybe make this 1d6+on a hit, or on a miss.
Cure Wounds: instead of +4.
Divine Favor: compare to Crusader's Strike.
Gentle Repose: make this permanent with a costly component and the ability to use it as a ritual.
Inflict Wounds: as Cure spells above.
Prayer: * and the change to bless above would make the second part of this spell unnecessary. 
Radiant Lance: *
Ray of Frost: *
Ray of Enfeeblement: the amount of damage this does makes the secondary effect poinmtless (most of the creatures who would be affected would be dead anyways). I'd lower the damage but have it affect creatures of any hit point maximum, with a saving throw to negate the secondary effect.
Righteous Brand: and should grant a bonus to attacks as well. Too similar to Crusader's Strike, and too weak especially considering it is two levels higher.
Shocking Grasp: *
Suggestion: I'd add the text that the charmed creature will be unaware it was charmed at the conclusion of the spell to bring the power level on par with this spell's level.
Vampiric Touch: at its damage level, the caster should heal for the full amount. That, or the damage should be upped. Also, a drain-type spell shouldn't heal anything; simply make this spell unuseable on undead creatures.