Ok, soo a question about thri-kreen from a noob

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, whats the chances/probability/likleness/whatever that a thri-kreen character would be allowed in a setting outside of darksun? I would love to play a thri-kreen in regular dnd
Depends on the GM. Many settings, homebrew included, don't have them (for example, I haven't found a place for them yet.) Others do. However, D&D related topics, oddly enough, are considered off-topic in the OTT.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Thri-Kreen should be allowable in any campaign id think, they werent a Dark Sun exclusive, they were around before Dark Sun came out. And I now for a fact that there were lots of em in Forgotten Realms around the Shaar and the northern Moonsea area, so yeah I wouldnt see any problem playing Thri-Kreen outside of Dark Sun.

ANd am i seriously the only one who enjoys talking about D&D in the tavern?

Rules Schmules! 
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Thri-Kreen should be allowable in any campaign id think, they werent a Dark Sun exclusive, they were around before Dark Sun came out. And I now for a fact that there were lots of em in Forgotten Realms around the Shaar and the northern Moonsea area, so yeah I wouldnt see any problem playing Thri-Kreen outside of Dark Sun.

Rules Schmules!
I drink a lot. I have no idea what I'm talking about.  

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Rules Schmules!

Im not that drunk! Not yet anyway!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Rules Schmules!

So you just don't know what you are talking about?

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Rules Schmules!

So you just don't know what you are talking about?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
The OTT is not the place for D&D discussions.

Am I the only one sick of seeing D&D discussion threads in the OTT?

I mean, if we have to abide by the rules, so does everybody else.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Rules are meant to be broken!
Ask your GM.

Me?  I'd probably allow it, since I tend to make my game world up as I go (which means it's easy to include anything that strikes my fancy) but someone that has a mountain of canon (head or written down) for their world might chafe at the non-standard request.

So long story short... ask your GM if it's allowed.  Answers from any other are speculation.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
my apologies, it seems i placed this in the wrong section, i will set it elsewhere as soon as i can
my apologies, it seems i placed this in the wrong section, i will set it elsewhere as soon as i can

Don't listen to the rest of them. Now tell us, in as much detail as possible, about the world your game takes place in, your DM and his other hobbies, and your character concept and how it would fit into the game and make your DM cry.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
that's the thing though. Im just that dang new at it all, i havent actually been able to find a group to play yet. I'm just fascinated by the thri-kreen and was wondering about the likeliness of them being included in a setting outside of dark sun. Probabley a waste of board space but i really am kinda clueless about what is allowed and what is forbidden by most
IMHO, some of the more fun games and DMs will let you play whatever you want.  Someone plays a Thri-keen on and off in my game, and it is a pretty cool wall-hanging/jump-charger/eater of questionable organic substances character.

...and if you want to make your DM cry:

Play 3.5 or spill beer on his/her computer/notes/minis/dining table/floor/shirt etc.Smile
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
...and if you want to make your DM cry:

Play 3.5 or spill beer on his/her computer/notes/minis/dining table/floor/shirt etc.Smile

Or just give him a nipple twister.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
bahaha

I thought D&D talk was verboten in the OTT?

Where's Thread ReporterTM when you need him...

Temp bann'd, most likely
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png

Temp bann'd, most likely