Deck Help

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

My current deck was build arround my Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, and it has some potential, but I'm missing something to finish the game.

What changes should I do to improve the deck? I don't want a total revamp of the deck, just a few tweaks to make it better. My priority it's in my winning condition, since my current finisher - Aether Figment - isn't doing it's job fast enough, that's why I added 4 Celestial Colonnade (and 4 4 Azorius Chancery) to combine with my Thistledown Liege

I'm thinking about adding Privileged Position to replace Diplomatic Imunity and Tradewind Rider to replace Man-o'-War

First of, your deck wants more land, at least 24 in total, so add 4 Islands. The liege is one of the weakest, if not the weakest liege to begin with, and you playing only creatures doesn't make the liege better. maybe try Grand Architect and Wurmcoil Engine/Steel Hellkite as pump/finishers. (Along with Treasure Mage to get your finishers. If you want to stay in Oblivion Ring is a catch all answer you really should consider playing. Have you tried more creatures with ETB-effects (Mulldrifter, Archaeomancer, Riftwing Cloudskate, Draining Whelk, Reveillark, Aven Riftwatcher, Stonehorn Dignitary to name some good ones in your color) and a combination of Venser, the Sojourner,Conjurer's Closet, Ghostly Flicker, Momentary Blink? If you go this route Familiar's Ruse is a great counterspell.
First of, your deck wants more land, at least 24 in total, so add 4 Islands. The liege is one of the weakest, if not the weakest liege to begin with, and you playing only creatures doesn't make the liege better. maybe try Grand Architect and Wurmcoil Engine/Steel Hellkite as pump/finishers. (Along with Treasure Mage to get your finishers. If you want to stay in Oblivion Ring is a catch all answer you really should consider playing. Have you tried more creatures with ETB-effects (Mulldrifter, Archaeomancer, Riftwing Cloudskate, Draining Whelk, Reveillark, Aven Riftwatcher, Stonehorn Dignitary to name some good ones in your color) and a combination of Venser, the Sojourner,Conjurer's Closet, Ghostly Flicker, Momentary Blink? If you go this route Familiar's Ruse is a great counterspell.

O know that Thistledown Liege it's one of the weakest, but he does have flash and it's always funny to see the look of peoples face when I put him on the table during a combat phase. Laughing

That's a lot of cards ... what do you think I should add and remove, to make the deck better? Because I have seen some interesting cards, but after so mush alterations, know I'm not sure of what to change in the deck.

You should first decide on going EITHER Grand Architect + Artifacts OR EtB-creatures + blinking, then we/I can give you some more ideas. If you want neither and just play on your deck with a few changes .... not really sure on what to change.
If you are going to add Grand Architect then you might want to think about adding Pili-Pala . This will give you unlimited mana, this leaves you open to use game enders like Emrakul. But as for cards that I would add Blue Sun's Zenith and Azure mage fkor card draw. I would look into Condescend it helps to filter through the deck and it is a counter as well.

After reading your oppinions, I made some alterations to the deck, to try to make it more playable.

I removed the white cards from the deck, added Grand Architect and Treasure Mage to put Sundering Titan or Inkwell Leviathan into play.
I also added Drift of Phantasms to be used mainly as a tutor (transmute) and Ponder to improve my drawing.

I would appreciate any sugestions and coments to the new deck.

No one has any suggestion?
For a deck that has 59 cards in it witout lands you will probably need more land than what you have in it. 

And mabe if you are still looking for a finisher try Frost Titan? I can't tell so much without seeing how it plays in person.  
I know you didn't want to rebuild your deck from scratch, but i don't think it's wise to include 4 Grand Architect with only 2 beefy artifacts.

I just put together a list with some more artifacts and some singleton wizards for your wizardcyclers:

I emphasized on wizards with EtB-Abilities to use Teferi's flash and kept the more expensive cards singletons.

I know you didn't want to rebuild your deck from scratch, but i don't think it's wise to include 4 Grand Architect with only 2 beefy artifacts.

I just put together a list with some more artifacts and some singleton wizards for your wizardcyclers:

I emphasized on wizards with EtB-Abilities to use Teferi's flash and kept the more expensive cards singletons.

The problem is that those cards would make up an entire new and diferent deck and I just want to make some changes to improve the deck.

Don't forget that the Grand Architect main function is to make my blue creatures stronger (replacing Thistledown Liege) and only after helping them survive, they will be used to put my finishers into the field.

I've upgraded my deck:

[deck]
Lands
4 Halimar Depths
16 Island

Creatures
4 Vedalken Aethermage
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
1 Lighthouse Chronologist
4 Willbender
4 Hisoka's Guard
3 Temporal Adept
3 Drift of Phantasms
4 Grand Architect
2 Treasure Mage
2 Inkwell Leviathan

Instants:
4 Ponder
3 Pongify

Sorceries:
2 Wash Out

Artifacts
3 Elixir of Immortality

Sideboard:
4 Counterspell
4 Capsize
4 Echo Mage
3 Merfolk Seastalkers

[/deck]

Pongify can help remove some annoying creatures that my friends have ... 

So the strategy would be to use my wizards as instants/sorceries with bodies to control the game and deal some damage,  then get my finishers to win the game.

Would this deck work better with the changes?