Dungeon Command: Individual Activation, makes things more complicated?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I figure the reason you have to "move/use your standard action/play order cards" all at once per unit, is to minimize confusion as to what is going on... But after about 10 games or so, I've come to realize that having to do everything all once per unit is really confusing too, not to mention you really need to plan stuff out alot more before activating a unit.

Anyone find this to be true?

Not to mention its so easy to make a mistake... Like moving a bunch of units then trying to play a minor order card by a unit that has already moved 3 units ago... Cry
The whole point of this is that you need to be clear about your strategy. So yes, everything you've said about planning and it being easy to make mistakes is true.
Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
Not to mention its so easy to make a mistake... Like moving a bunch of units then trying to play a minor order card by a unit that has already moved 3 units ago... Cry

I have done this plenty. However, if this rule isn't in place, it opens the door to a lot of weird abuses. I write it off as learning the ropes, and I'll just have to get better at lining up my tricks in the future.
It really makes you play more strategically and think about what you want to do and how you want to accomplish it.  I've had opponents who've simply not thought it out and gave me some advantages.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com