M13 draft 4!

681 posts / 0 new
Last post
I doubt we'll end up picking this, but I'll vote for Crusader.
Crusader of Odric would be very good if we could end up :gwm:. The blue here is the best with Switcheroo, Fog Bank, and Essence Scatter. Mark of the Vampire, Goblin Arsonist, and Fire Elemental are also quite solid. Timberpack Wolf and Servant of Nefarox are certainly cards, but I'm not sure how I feel about first picking them. I guess picking Wolf would cut green from the pack entirely.

I don't think blue is liked very much in this format, so I feel like if we take one of the blue cards we can wheel another one, which would be awesome. I'll vote Switcheroo. I know some people in this forum don't like the card, but I think they forget how good stealing your opponent's bomb is and ignore it on the basis that it isn't Mind Control... well, a lot of cards aren't Mind Control.
I almost want to see if we can go hard timberpack wolf but I don't think it's, you know, right. I'm gonna say Switcheroo.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Fog Bank
Switcheroo is fine. Doesn't really matter what we pick. 
i think switcheroo and mark of the vampire are the best cards here.
I would take the Timberpack but I really want to take Crusader to avoid getting stuck with Switcheroo.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

The cards I would want out of this pack are Fog Bank, Servant of Nefarox and Crusader of Odric. Blue is so shallow in M13 I think it would be best to pick either the Servant or the Crusader.
Switcheroo is fine. Doesn't really matter what we pick. 

this is a good attitude

I didn't realize Fog Bank was uncommon. It's possible that that's better.
Fog Bank has caused me to win more games that I didn't deserve to win than any other card in M13. So that's my pick.
Fog Bank has caused me to win more games that I didn't deserve to win than any other card in M13. So that's my pick.

This. Shutting down Exalted decks is hilarious.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the wilds yet. It's a nice way to keep ourselves open for whatever is passed.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
We didn't pick the Timberpack Wolf in draft three, so I'll be peevish and take it here.
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
Crusader
Contest Winners
Random Words
Round 1: Maraxas-of-Keld, Cryos_Icy_Manipulator Round 2: Dr_Demento, UltraMaximum Round 3: Dr_Demento, Keino Round 4: KunouNoHana Round 5: Maraxas-of-Keld, Stigma_Lasher Round 6: royinator Round 7: forty2j Round 8: Qazior Round 9: Qazior Round 10: Could be you link
Split Cards
Winner: dberry02
Pac-Man
Round 1: Fallingman
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
I just love how focused the YMtC community is.
56901828 wrote:
That's what I love about posting on these forums. Everyone's an expert(except for me).
57031358 wrote:
really no need to be so bitchy.
58021268 wrote:
@Edacade: Awright kid you go on ahead and do your thing and don't let anyone tell you different y'hear
58335208 wrote:
City of Asymmetrical Beings Land :T:, sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with the same converted mana cost as the sacrificed creature.
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
Might I just interject that making this a meme is the worst idea in magic in my opinion. It is too overpowered. It encourages cheating it in play. Essentially 99/100 times it is cheated in play instead of hardcast. Not only that, but you essentially win when it comes into play.
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Make five-color hybrid tribal instant with buyback, kicker, cycling, card draw, token production, a steal effect, alternate casting cost and landfall that embodies the love that your mom and I share.
I think you just killed all chances of my card being elegant. Ardency :1mana::symwu::symbr: Tribal Instant - Soldier You may have target opponent gain control of 3 permanents you control rather than pay ~'s mana cost. As an additional cost to cast ~, choose two creatures you control, and sacrifice the rest. If you control a soldier, you can't sacrifice permanents this turn. Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, instead choose 4 creatures. Kicker You get an emblem with "As long as you control both chosen creatures, they have protection from everything." If ~ was kicked, creatures you control get +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard until end of turn. Cycling :2mana: When you cycle ~, put two 2/2 Soldier creatures onto the battlefield. Would this EVER fit on a card?~
Aside from a few wording mishaps (should say "each chosen creature" because it's not necessarily two) this is nice. Very simple and elegant. I like the alternate cost a lot, and the kicker goes nicely with the sacrifice. However, the cycling seems a bit powerful (4 power and a card for 3? Cycling is supposed be bad. 8/10 EDIT: Just looked up "ardency". Lol.
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I'm immortalized too as long as no one deletes this post!
But in the shadow of the great one lurked many who sought to partake of his eternal glory.
Since when am I "many"?
You're a whole damn city.
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect Sorcery As an additional cost to cast Vivisect, sacrifice a creature. Draw three cards. "For the sake of humanity," the surgeon whispered. The knife had never felt heavier in his hand.
I don't think a world that sacrifices so much would want to stop the making of children .
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
I read over two hundred webcomics on a regular basis. "Terrible" doesn't even begin to describe me.
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I think that this is the first wizards-community thread that actually made me laugh out loud. Maraxas, I love you.
IMAGE(http://www.free-smiley-faces.de/free-animated-smileys_Smileys-animiert-kostenlos/free-animated-smiley-love_smiley-herz-animiert-kostenlos_250x250.gif)
58347268 wrote:
batman is a jerk in all of my dreams
mafia is fun so play it
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the wilds yet. It's a nice way to keep ourselves open for whatever is passed.

i was considering it, but switcheroo is a fine p1p1 so.
Fog Bank

I want to go Blue
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
Switcheroo

Hey, I wanna play too.

I'd like to try Timberpack Wolf, but Fog Bank is safer.

[<o>]
These packs!

Give me Prey Upon.
Touch of the Eternal, for the lulz

Since this one actually looks like it's going to be close I'd rather have the Chronomaton over Prey Upon.  Prey upon is a star but I'm not sure this deck is going down that road just yet.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
Prey Upon, good splashable removal is never bad.
Prey Upon
Encrust seems the most consistant with the previous pick, Chronomaton should make every final deck and Prey Upon is the strongest overall. A third vote for each?
Prey Upon, good removal and keeps the options open.
[<o>]
Changing vote to Chromnaton since I do not want to be stuck with Prey Upon as 2nd pick.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Being Blue and not sure what we're going, I'd say Encrust.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
Encrust isn't really that good.

Prey Upon is fine removal, but only if you're heavy green and have the fatties that come with that kind of deck.  I don't think I'd want to splash for it.

Chronomaton has really impressed me.  I don't think I will ever leave it out of a deck if it's in my pool.
Prey Upon is fine removal, but only if you're heavy green and have the fatties that come with that kind of deck.  I don't think I'd want to splash for it.

Good point. Changing vote to Chronomaton.

[<o>]
Ecrust or Chronomaton is fine.

Dual voting! 
Keeping options open with Chronomaton
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
prey upon combos with our first pick. play it, choose fog bank as our fighter, and no matter how big their guy is our guy lives!

but I'll take the Chronomaton.

I'm pretty sure you're joking razorborne, but just in case you weren't (and to clarify for new players who might read this):

Prey Upon with a Fog Bank doesn't work that way.  Fog Bank dies (assuming the creatures has power 2 or greater), their guy lives (assuming no enchantments/buffs making Fog Bank bigger).  Fog Bank only prevents combat damage, not all damage.
I'm pretty sure you're joking razorborne, but just in case you weren't (and to clarify for new players who might read this):

Prey Upon with a Fog Bank doesn't work that way.  Fog Bank dies (assuming the creatures has power 2 or greater), their guy lives (assuming no enchantments/buffs making Fog Bank bigger).  Fog Bank only prevents combat damage, not all damage.

I was joking but I also misread fog bank.

It would be pretty sweet if Fog Bank could deflect Searing Spears as well.
We are not blue.  We have taken one pick, and it was a blue card.  That pick hardly commits us to blue.  We may be blue, but we are not in it right now.
Chronomaton. Keeping options open.
Ok comeon guys....

We seriously can't pass up a card like prey upon because for some reason we decided to take fog bank over switcheroo...

Give me the Chronomoton.