Do you play the Waiting Game?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
You ever get a game where it bugs out or freezes and your just sitting there (for the xbox btw) and you wait for someone to concede/quit?
Too often am I in a Free-For-All and this happens. It's always the same conversation with me and my buddies. 

"So...uh you gonna leave now right....make a new lobby right?"
".....This...is...my....win"
"I'm not leaving until you do"
"I'll go grab a snack and head to sleep then, I'll just leave the PS3 on."

...My PS3 is set to shut off in 2 hours if there is no action.

I Always Lose.

No, I don't enjoy wasting my time. Oh man! I'll lose my ranking that no one cares about!
The worst is hearing the screams of rage from whomever I am playing like I have something to do with it.

I rarely ever wait....I am not really keeping a W/L journal or anything so chalking up a loss because the game freezes does not bother me.
I am not as competitive in this 2013 as I was in 2012, always too busy. Hell I still only have 4 decks fully unlocked. (lol im not ready for expansion yet)
But I typically wait a bit, let the timer go out, until it resets and stays at full. Then leave after that.. tend to think of it, that's never helped me, I should just leave immediately.
In 2012 this was a major occurrence !! Along with the frozen card on the screen issues. But in 2013 I cn honestly say I have not had 1 game freeze were I was forced to leave or try to wait it out !! A few game ill get the syncing messages but never a hard freeze .
I tend not to bother because

1:Rank does not matter the system is to easy to boots/bug just take a look at all those guys on the first page of ps3 leaderboard with 65kscore
2:You dont lose anything for conceding (atleast thats what i heared somewhere)
3:Its a game id much rather move on and find another so i can get my fun.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
It all depends on how the other player acts when it happens. If they play the blame game or start sending me messages I will wait; otherwise I will leave when the timer runs out. I always out wait them and win.

IMAGE(http://www.speedtest.net/result/3174021167.png)

No waiting game for me .. I don't much care what the online "ranking" claims, since I track my win/losses on my own sheet.  If the game freezes and there's a clear winner, I score it as a win/loss and leave, if not, I score it as a bug and leave.  That's happened only twice in 400 games.
Fortunately I never have such problems in DotP.

However, I do often face such people in other games. Since I always have 3+ things I want to do at any given time, I just let the game sit there and do another thing on my list (the great thing of a PC: multitasking): I know for certain I'm doing something I equally like, but there's a good chance my stalling opponent has to something (s)he likes less, which makes it satisfying.

Besides, I refuse to give them the satisfaction of a free win: I don't care about my [whatever a game does to record Wins/Losses: ranking, just tallying losses, etc], but I know they care, and I'm not going to give them that satisfaction. Once again something that's satisfying for me: knowing they don't get satisfaction.

In fact, since they can't do a thing until they stop stalling against me (and admit defeat, since I'm not going to periodically check if they gave up), I make them lose a LOT of potential ranking/wins/whatever (which they frequently make known by cursing at me and demanding me to quit. Satisfaction #3).

Of course, if there's not something I equally like, I wouldn't do this. But that has never been the case yet.
No, I don't care about rank.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
If I'm basically done playing for the session anyway and I believe my opponent has done it intentionally I'll switch my tv output and watch some shows.

I won't message unless I feel it's patently obvious the opponent has caused the glitch - i.e. I've just blown up every permanent they have on the board with Phyrexian Obliterator or I play Time Warp with a Followed Footsteps on my own Archaeomancer while they're tapped out.

I don't even care about the rank, it's just I don't want to give satisfaction to someone who abuses a timer glitch so maybe they'll think twice about doing it again in the future.
If I'm basically done playing for the session anyway and I believe my opponent has done it intentionally I'll switch my tv output and watch some shows.

I won't message unless I feel it's patently obvious the opponent has caused the glitch - i.e. I've just blown up every permanent they have on the board with Phyrexian Obliterator or I play Time Warp with a Followed Footsteps on my own Archaeomancer while they're tapped out.

I don't even care about the rank, it's just I don't want to give satisfaction to someone who abuses a timer glitch so maybe they'll think twice about doing it again in the future.

Yeah I know what you mean.  I would play and be winning yet for some odd reason the opponent(s) press timer a lot,  obviously trying to glitch the game to start the "Waiting Game".  I would then just be like "ok, you wanna do that?  Fine, I'll play the waiting game".  I will switch over to tv and then switch over time and again to check up on it. Otherwise, if it was a happenstance (glitch for no apparent reason), I would simply leave.