Missing Themes Article in Dragon 413?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was perusing the preview of the next Encounters season ("Council of Spiders") that was posted at Dungeon's Master, and on the scan of the character sheet were two themes (Menzoberranzan Outsider and Underdark Slave) that were asterisked as being in Dragon 413, but aren't in any of the three articles posted. They're kind of important, since they're the only two themes officially allowed for non-drow in that season...

It looks like they were intended to be in the Fringes of Drow Society article, but the only ones in the PDF are Ooze Master, Secret Apostate, and Skulker of Vhaeraun. I'll also note that the PDF size on the article page and the actual download size are 400-500 KB different...
“If the computer or the game designer is having more fun than the player, you have made a terrible mistake.” -Sid Meier
If I had to guess, the designers of Encounters were shown the article submitted by the author before the editors started removing content like they so often do. That is rather a shame.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
yeah that sucks
I informed D&D Producer Greg Blisland and there's messaging going out to DMs/Organizers regarding the absence of those Themes he said.
I informed D&D Producer Greg Blisland and there's messaging going out to DMs/Organizers regarding the absence of those Themes he said.

any word on this?
I don't know, i am not a DM/Organizers for D&D Encounters, but i trust Greg when he says its getting addressed.

If any of you get this information, will you please post it to this forum thread? community.wizards.com/dungeonsanddragons...
- Rico
I don't know, i am not a DM/Organizers for D&D Encounters, but i trust Greg when he says its getting addressed.

did he ever email you?  bc it hasnt been addressed
If I had to guess, the designers of Encounters were shown the article submitted by the author before the editors started removing content like they so often do. That is rather a shame.

*gasp* how dare we get an amount of content even approaching what we used to get.

did he ever email you?  bc it hasnt been addressed

He does for other things, but not DDE, as i am not into Organized Play apart from LFR.
The PDF downloads seem to be fixed (was able to access all 3), but none of the themes in 413 are in the Character builder or the compendium.
The PDF downloads seem to be fixed (was able to access all 3), but none of the themes in 413 are in the Character builder or the compendium.

Which PDF ? Because Fringes of the Drow  download PDF still doesn't have the 3 missing Themes (08/23).
Ignore my above post aside from the sentence about none being in the character builder. I completely misread the OP so sorry to add further confusion.

I'm guessing that none of the themes form 413 will be in the builder till next month since they weren't added already this month.
That's cool Rick. I though i had miss something Wink
Ignore my above post aside from the sentence about none being in the character builder. I completely misread the OP so sorry to add further confusion.

I'm guessing that none of the themes form 413 will be in the builder till next month since they weren't added already this month.

The 413 themes (less the ones never published) are in the Builder now.....

just not enabled for the Encounters Campaign. I was able to choose them when making a Custom character.

Really I can see the 3 added from council of spiders, but others from issue 413 which are tagged on the official character sheet for this season like ooze master or secret apostate are not in either the character builder or the compendium. I even started making a new character just to make sure I'm not crazy. Both are normal D&D home campaign setting.
Sign In to post comments