Qulity of Ps3 players

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has anyone else noticed the recent drop in qulity of ps3 players recently i have lost count of the number of un-trimed decks i have played against lately. On a side note these are also the same players that seem to draw every card they need even if they have a what 1 in like 90 chance of pulling a 1 of card out.

I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
You know....

Okay, just going to put this out there.

Have any veteran GOOD players that design their decks intelligently etc. actually tried using a 90+ card deck to see if they get the same results?

I haven't personally, but it would be interesting if that's actually what happen (that the game gives preferential treatment to 90+ card decks) or if it's just the dumbest luck ever.
It's just dumb luck. Despite the jump in quality from D'12 to D'13, I'm not ready to give Stainless enough credit to believe that they implemented a perfectly executed stealth program to intelligently rearrange your deck based on board presence and opponent board presence.

Things like that are always just dumb luck, and this is coming from someone who once said "I refuse to play 1v1 anymore. I was obviously cursed by a witch doctor because some sort of voodoo black magic always causes me to get mana flooded or starved."

In fact, I played a few 1v1s against a friend today (first online D'13 1v1s I've played) and in one game I actually drew 7 lands in 4 turns with a 60 card deck.

Anyway, yeah, black magic. F'ing shamans.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
I haven't trimmed any of the last three decks that I have to unlock. With 11 cards left to unlock, Pack Instinct is maxed out at 100 cards. I can tell you I definitely do not top-deck cards when I need them.
Played 10 games this morning against 10 different players...7 against OD and 3 against goblins.  Only 3 of the decks were trimmed.  Went 8-2 with both my losses being to 100 card OD decks.  ]]

Seriously...random decks please. 
Played 10 games this morning against 10 different players...7 against OD and 3 against goblins.  Only 3 of the decks were trimmed.  Went 8-2 with both my losses being to 100 card OD decks.  ]]

Yes, by all means.  Don't let people play decks they enjoy playing.  Force them to use random decks.

Yes, by all means.  Don't let people play decks they enjoy playing.  Force them to use random decks.

Nobody would be forcing anyone to do anything they don't want. People who want to play random decks would play random decks, those that don't wouldn't.  

Nobody would be forcing anyone to do anything they don't want. People who want to play random decks would play random decks, those that don't wouldn't.  

Yeah, I'd love a random deck option. I have almost everything unlocked and I like pretty much all of the decks. Unless my opponent is playing Goblins every game and I specifically need to counter it, I'd like to just pick a random deck and go.

Thus you suppose that those guys who play every game with one deck immediately switch to random deck option if it is possible? I don't think so. And if not what's the point? Switching decks between games is so easy that I suppose you don't need random deck option for yourself.

There are entire threads devoted to people asking for this feature, so this is the last I'm going to say about it here. There would be a random deck option where both players play random decks. You can choose to participate in the option or not. People that want to pick their deck would play against other people that pick their deck. People who want to play random deck would play against someone else playing random deck.  

So it is:

Player's choice vs Player's choice

or

Random vs Random

Never:

Player's choice vs Random

Back on Topic:

I play on both iPad and PS3 and anecdotally, the iPad players seem to be slightly better.  But that could just be statistical noise from my random pairings against opponents. 

I dont know if it could just be related to the fact that when someone top decks from a 60 card deck your like a man he got lucky as opposed to the 100 card deck its more of a  HOW THE **** DID THAT SCRUB DO THAT.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
Just played a 2HG, Talrand (Me) + Liliana (Random) vs Krenko + Liliana (Partners). Early game I absolutely controlled the board, shutting Krenko down entirely.

Mid game my partner was at 6 mana with a Rune-Scarred Demon in his hand as well as an Exsanguinate and a few other cards. After some shenanigans, I had 10 lands and a Rite of Replication, a Followed Footsteps, an Archeomancer, and a Twincast. I'm waiting for him to get one more mana for Rune-Scarred Demon so I can easily go infinite with all the lands I have.

When he gets the land, he plays a freaking Pestilence Demon instead. It's legendary so I'm S.O.L. They were tapped out, too. The next turn they of course murder it. My partner pauses and goes "Copy [the Murder]. COPY IT COPY IT!"

Our opponents had no major threats, just 4 Goblins, one of which they sacrificed.

So we're at 7 life now. He has eight lands, I message him "Play exsanguinate." He plays Mutilate. Seriously?
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)

Thus you suppose that those guys who play every game with one deck immediately switch to random deck option if it is possible? I don't think so. And if not what's the point? Switching decks between games is so easy that I suppose you don't need random deck option for yourself.

Wow talk about being completely clueless. People who want to play random decks will choose that mode of play. People that want to be able to choose the same deck over and over again will choose that mode of play. It's not rocket science.
Hi there,

I must confirm (just in my case) the fact that I could win most of my games, if I played with a full deck (approx.80+ cards).

Yesterday I got Garruk completed and for the last few days I used to play it online in order to unlock its cards.

I did cut it down to about 75 cards, still 10 to be unlocked, and continued playing online.

I won over 80% of the matches and I got a notion that I always draw what seems to be just suitable.

Then I played with the final list of 80 cards and won 8 of 10 games against different opponents. Everyone quitted the game or left after losing.

So this is just weird, it can't be LUCK!!
Having more than 60 cards in your deck doesn't make you a terrible player or make your deck a terrible deck. I run several 70-75 card decks and they do just fine in multiplayer. 

While I agree with your statement that deck size does not equal player skill, having a 70-75 card deck does reduce your consistency, so most people will assume you are not a good (or serious) player.  The best in-game players are not necessarily the best deckbuilders and vice versa.  

And yes, the "terrible" is pure hyperbole as I'm sure there are many 75 card versions of decks that can be very competitive in this limited format. However, properly streamlining a deck down to 60/61 will in all probability make your deck stronger and help you win more often. But if you have more fun playing with the larger deck with more variety, then by all means do so.  

Having more than 60 cards in your deck doesn't make you a terrible player or make your deck a terrible deck. I run several 70-75 card decks and they do just fine in multiplayer. 

Oh i didnt mean that by any means anyone running a over 60 card deck was a bad player or that having a 60 card deck makes you good but its just the way that when someone has 100cards they seem to allways get the perfect draw.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
After some shenanigans, I had 10 lands and a Rite of Replication, a Followed Footsteps, an Archeomancer, and a Twincast. I'm waiting for him to get one more mana for Rune-Scarred Demon so I can easily go infinite with all the lands I have. When he gets the land, he plays a freaking Pestilence Demon instead. It's legendary so I'm S.O.L.

Pestilence Demon is not Legendary by the way.
Oops. Was probably Griselbrand then because it was definitely a legendary.
Sign In to post comments