Ideas for World Domination, Or how can I make this game awesome [4e]

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey there!

So here is the score: Our game recently turned into a open world, full on, high stakes, big scale war torn D&D game, with 5 kingdoms going at it (3 vs. 2).

DM is strict on magic items, only allow those that the party can craft. Here is our group bellow, all level 11 for now:

Warlord goody-two shoes focused on healing
The "party leader" (For the first 2/3s of the campaign anyway. We've been playing this for three years), he has interest in fighting for his home kingdom, and not much else.

Warlock with delusions of grandeur
Sold his soul to the setting equivalent of the Devil. Twice.

Warden Newbie
The newest player, she never played 4e before but she went for the Warden

Artificer (me) with a plan
That plan consists of somehow conquering the 5 kingdoms at war and making all the other 3 super important on the setting/adventure.

Here is what I need help with:
- Fortresses! How to do? I'm aware there are several rooms to purchase at Epic tier, but at Paragon, what can I make? And for how much?
- Gold! How does one makes gold in 4e? It's awful different from 3e in this aspect
- Cheesy magic items! I need to know what are the most cheesy items I can use to help me cut down endless swarms of enemies, conquer kingdoms and etc.

Currently, my plan is to get friends with one of the Kings who recently lost his kingdom, win his kingdom back, enjoy his riches while I convince the group that conquering the 5 kingdoms are the way to go (Easy for the Warlock, hard for the Warlod, easy to the Warden who just recently got in bad terms with pretty much every single noble around her) then try to manipulate him into declaring independence from the larger alliance while we lie low and let the other kingdoms go at it, picking battles, but I'm open for suggestions!
A standard building, even of stone, is going to be cheap.  Magically enhancing it will be costly, and up to your dm.
Treasure parcels are clearly lined out in the dmg.  This game still revolves around magic items though.  So if the dm doesn't want to give them out, ask for their gold equivalent or residuum, and have him check out dark sun.
Nocking Ukillleighly of Killing Entintities.  Otherwise known as N.U.K.E.  You can guess what it does when you strum the instrument.  Beware, you are the center of the fun in this party.
A standard building, even of stone, is going to be cheap.  Magically enhancing it will be costly, and up to your dm.
Treasure parcels are clearly lined out in the dmg.  This game still revolves around magic items though.  So if the dm doesn't want to give them out, ask for their gold equivalent or residuum, and have him check out dark sun.
Nocking Ukillleighly of Killing Entintities.  Otherwise known as N.U.K.E.  You can guess what it does when you strum the instrument.  Beware, you are the center of the fun in this party.

The idea is give stuff to other players to do as I go along as well. Out of their characters, they think it will be really interesting trying to conquer the world the DM crafted, but I still have to convience them ICly.

With that in mind, where are the pricing for stanrdard buildings? In the DMG?