Thief attack from stealth

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello good sirs and ladies,

I have a question about the

"Not Remaining Hidden: If you take an action that
causes you not to remain hidden, you retain the benefits
of being hidden until you resolve the action."

Does this mean that you when you use a move action to approach an enemy, you lose stealth at the end of the move action, and use your standard action to attack WITHOUT the CA?

I'm asking because one of my players is playing a Thief subclass, which has to offensive at-wills but a strong backstab. Does it mean she will not be able to gain CA for her attacks from stealth?

If they move, yes.

If they charge, they're fine, because that is all one action and it involves movement. Thieves ought to be charging anyway, since all they use are MBAs. Free +1 to hit. Most Thieves get CA via Ambush Trick though, and don't worry about getting Hidden.
If they move, yes.

If they charge, they're fine, because that is all one action and it involves movement. Thieves ought to be charging anyway, since all they use are MBAs. Free +1 to hit. Most Thieves get CA via Ambush Trick though, and don't worry about getting Hidden.

Ohhhh right, forgot about charge. Thanks
They're also able to use backstab with ranged attacks as long as the target is within 5 squares, which usually isn't too difficult to arrange (especially with Ambush Trick and Tactical Trick).
There's also a thief at-will whose name escapes me that lets you move 2 squares before the attack--that works too.
There's also a thief at-will whose name escapes me that lets you move 2 squares before the attack--that works too.

Rogue at-will. Not thief. :P

Deft Strike.
hah, sorry, I still have a hard time shaking my 2E roots sometimes.
Sign In to post comments