Lifelink Troubles

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone,

If my creature with Lifelink battles a monster, does it get the battle damage as lifepoints, or only if it deals damage to a player?

Thanks,

The Loud MacLeod
you mean with Prey Upon? sure, Lifelink applies to all damage, combat or not, to a creature, to a player or to a planeswalker
proud member of the 2011 community team
And, if you meant regular combat, the answer is also yes.

All damage dealt by the creature with lifelink is added to its controller's life.
Okay, that is what we suspected but we wanted to be sure. Thank you both for the answers. A follow-up question(mostly just to be thorough), does that also include damage they deal while blocking too?
Okay, that is what we suspected but we wanted to be sure. Thank you both for the answers. A follow-up question(mostly just to be thorough), does that also include damage they deal while blocking too?

Yes.  Any time the creature deals damage, if it has Lifelink, you will gain life.

All damage dealt by the creature with lifelink is added to its controller's life.
119.3f Damage dealt by a source with lifelink causes that source's controller to gain that much life, in addition to the damage's other results.

As you can see, there is no restriction to attacking or combat or anything like that.
No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
Thanks to all of you who answered. The help is appreciated.