UB Poison Deck for FNM

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been working on this deck for a while for my local FNM group.  So far I've got:

I'm looking for some advice on polishing off the sideboard without it costing a fortune.  I thought about putting some Contaigon Clasps in.  Any advice would be appreciated.
put [deck.] at the beginning of the list and [/deck.] at the end without the periods, please.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

A solitary copy of Tormod's Crypt, Elixir of Immortality, and if you can get a hold of him, Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas spring to mind for sideboard options. These being to help against mill, Undying, and Zombie archtypes.

As a maindeck suggestion, i'd consider Corpse Cur and Plague Myr and Core Prowler. Though you've a strong counter base, your creature count is immensely low for a deck reliant on winning through the application of damage to an opponent.

Look to Dismember too if you need cheap, quick, and instant answers to Melira, Sylvok Outcast.
A solitary copy of Tormod's Crypt, Elixir of Immortality, and if you can get a hold of him, Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas spring to mind for sideboard options. These being to help against mill, Undying, and Zombie archtypes.

As a maindeck suggestion, i'd consider Corpse Cur and Plague Myr and Core Prowler. Though you've a strong counter base, your creature count is immensely low for a deck reliant on winning through the application of damage to an opponent.

Look to Dismember too if you need cheap, quick, and instant answers to Melira, Sylvok Outcast.

Well I don't play too much UB infect but in UG it's ideal to have 3 playsets if you include inkmoth as creatures, then just cards keeping them safe.

That said Apostle's Blessing is a must-have 

Quite true, Tierdrop. I should probably add to the above that I personally prefer 16+ creatures, or altermatives. The Nexus is a creature in effect, by all means, but it doesn't stay a creature, and transforming it to block is a bad move, as it loses you, in most scenarios, a you could sorely not do with losing. 

would you take out the gambits in favor of Apostle's Blessing
would you take out the gambits in favor of Apostle's Blessing

Well look at it this way. You're low on monsters. You can rely on seeing 2, maybe 3 per game. You need those creatures to do 10 damage to the PLAYER. That's hard to do. It's even harder when your creatures are dead. Proliferating and drawing will do you no good if your creatures die in the process. Protecting your creatures is a high priority. So yes, I'd swap them in a heart beat.

On the other hand, if you had 4 playsets of creatures and then inkmoth.. that'd be totally okay not having the blessing. You'd want more output. With black you have the liberty of choosing creature heavy or not. 

Ok, here's the revised list.

I upped the creatures to 4 playsets and finished the sideboard.

The deck looks fine but the sideboard kinda confuses me. When exactly would you use Phyrexian Vatmother, Tezzeret and Corrupted Conscience. Like what would have to happen game 1 for you to sideboard those in?
Hand of the Praetors over corpse cur for reasons i believe obvious

since you don't need much mana Ichorclaw myr seems better than the other myr. OR maybe even Septic rats

I can't believe I'm about to say this.. but I think the SoFaF is underwhelming in this deck. You're not going to do anything devestating with a second main phase mana spring. I think, now stay with me here, that maybe Lashwrithe or even Mortarpod would be better. While the protection is great, and +2+2 is awesome, i think that lashwrithe will be more reliable for offense. You will almost always have 2 swamps, but maybe not so that's a leap. But, mortapod on the other hand, is a nice way to launch a final push. Let's say you're playing tokens. They've got an army that you're not getting past. Mortapod everything for the win? It's a stretch but I think it will win more games than the sword.

On second though, looking at your land base maybe lashwrithe isn't even close to good enough.

The deck looks fine but the sideboard kinda confuses me. When exactly would you use Phyrexian Vatmother, Tezzeret and Corrupted Conscience. Like what would have to happen game 1 for you to sideboard those in?

I get the concience. You fight mono green stompies, I think it's totally acceptable so side in. Stealing Primeval Titan then smashing their birds of paradise in the face with it? Yes.

That is true. I don't have much experience with infect but playing against them I notice if they haven't won by turn 5-6 the games usually going to end with me winning, but then again I've only played against U/G infect
That is true. I don't have much experience with infect but playing against them I notice if they haven't won by turn 5-6 the games usually going to end with me winning, but then again I've only played against U/G infect

Oh agreed, but green and black infect are totally different. Green is more pump pump swing for 200 infect because why not? Black is more of a reliable, but less fufilling, win

With Vatmother and Conscience I was in the frame of mind of helping with Aggro decks.  I could be off in left field though lol.  With Tezzeret I was thinking that if I ran into a mill deck that he would help me find my elixir and Tromod's (and Swords) faster.

I've found a few more cards as possiblities for sideboard:

Contagion Engine, Cower in Fear, Contagion Clasp, Curse of Death's Hold, Deathmark and Grafdigger's Cage.

Any thoughts on those cards and their usefullness in this SB?

Well I've played this deck 2 straight Fridays.  The first Friday we only played 3 rounds and I went 6-0 and took first.  This past Friday I we had a few more people show up and we played 4 rounds.  I took second place with 3 losses.  

The only person I lost best 2 out of 3 to was a BR Vamp deck.  I also lost one match to a UG aggro deck (Stupid Primal Huntbeast).  So I'm looking for something to help combat the BR vamps.  I'm thinking that Go for the throat and maybe murder would be good.  Any other suggestions?  I just got overwhelmed by the +1/+1 counters he kept getting from doing damage to me.
Ive played against a UG Infect that utilized Livewire Lash, and it was kind of just remarkably awesome, especially with pump spells then serving a dual ability in dealing 2 infect right away, and then pumping. It also gives +2/+0 so it is a psudeo sword, but more relevant since it gets infect damage across without even having to attack/get the damage through.
I've found a few more cards as possiblities for sideboard:

Contagion Engine, Cower in Fear, Contagion Clasp, Curse of Death's Hold, Deathmark and Grafdigger's Cage.

Any thoughts on those cards and their usefullness in this SB?

for standard I tihnk proliferate is a little slow, cures of death's hold is good, but I run four graffdigger's cage in my infect sideboard it completely stops all birthiing pod decks, stops powerful flashbacks, snapcasters, etc, and messes up green sun zenith , and undying like a gang of zombie decks, Deffinately add  Grafdigger's Cage to sideboard