B/G FNM suggestions and advice

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for any tips for my FNM deck. It started out as an Undying deck and has slowly morphed over the past several weeks into more of an Aggro Green/mid range deck maybe? Anyway, my meta is pretty broad, lots of humans, tokens, delver, WUB control, BW control, Pod of all stripes, etc. So far my biggest problems seem to be with control decks. I can't quite finish the job before they take over. My SB is new, so also looking for opinions on how it looks vs control.

Ulvenwald Tracker Gutter Grime are great for undying decks. You keep up constant pressure and can feed guttergrime by using tracker to go head to head to either get a kill or to either get an undying proc. Grime gets to the point where you just start winning. I'd say put him in Wolfir's place since his only synergy in the deck is the +4+4 bonus, which i believe can be replaced by something like the tracker who will synergize perfectly with the rest of the deck.

I'd also say drop barter in blood for another tragic slip and alter's reap. Barter only works in your favor if you have two undying ready creatures on the field and they have two creatures on the field. I'd say being able to use while only needing 1 undying ready creature works in a less situational way. And of course tragic slip combos perfectly.

I'm not seeing much need for abundant growth or birds. You don't really need the ramp, but the birds might still work anyways. I'd say drop growth and beast within for Gutter Grime and move beast within to sideboard over crusing vines.

Black sun's zenith is awesome in undying decks. It will remove +1+1 counters thus allowing you to get your undying creatures back whil wiping their creatures, even if you've already proc'd undying. 

Anyways, there's my 2 cents. 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Undying and leads me to the natural conclusion to be found in Hex Parasite.

DCI Judge Level 1

All good ideas. I especially like Ulvenwald Tracker  suggestion.

I'm a fanboy of Barter in Blood, but I see what you're saying there. Though it also helps alleviate slow starts for me if I don't get a lot of early creatures.

I don't know if I'll take out all the Silverhearts but I will try Guttergrime  in place of some of them. I just like killing people with a 4/5 Birds of Paradise  out of nowhere for the ultimate humiliation.
Nightshade Peddler.  He's a great combo with the Ulvenwald Tracker.
Undying and leads me to the natural conclusion to be found in Hex Parasite.

Wow. Why didn't I know about this card? All this time I've been getting rolled by planeswalkers...
I am definitely getting some of these. Cheers.

Ooooh, Ulvenwald Tracker, Nightshade Peddler, and Predator Ooze  seems pretty good, but I think those all might belong in a different deck. I'll have to file that away.
Seems like Champion of Lambholt will fit nicely with all the undying effects.

Ooooh, Ulvenwald Tracker, Nightshade Peddler, and Predator Ooze  seems pretty good, but I think those all might belong in a different deck. I'll have to file that away.

It's a great combo, but I believe that comboing with undying is better than comboing with deathtouch that can only be supplied by one card.

@seishin: I don't like her in the deck because she's so prone to removal. She takes a few turns to get going. Best case scenario you drop her on t3, then she becomes relevant on t5 or t6, which at that point she catches a swift vapor snag or doom blade like a champ (c wut i did thar?) 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Sign In to post comments